PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky 40 Louisville 34 football result

Phil C
09-20-2007, 11:41 AM
In a wild finish Kentucky beat Louisville for the first time since 2002. Kentucy was behind 34 to 22 but scored on a long td pass with 29 seconds left.
I saw the replay and Kentucky kicked off to the endzone and the Kentucky player ran it out of the end zone and was stopped on the 20 yard line of Louisville. He had made a long td kickoff return earlier but from the endzone and with time being a factor perhaps it would have been best if he had taken a knee and preserved the six seconds that ran off while he returned the ball. Lousiville moved the ball to their 43 and with time running out he threw a long pass that was caught by a receiver at the six who was tackled fairly quickly. Time ran out while the ball was in the air so this was the last play. I think Louisville had one time out left. If the six seconds on the kickoff had been saved the reciever may have hit the ground with one second left. It would have been close though but if he had the clock would have stopped and Lousiville could have called time out for one more play (they had to get a td) to try to get a td. Oh well.

sahen
09-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
In a wild finish Kentucky beat Louisville for the first time since 2002. Kentucy was behind 34 to 22 but scored on a long td pass with 29 seconds left.

darn them 18 point plays....they do it different in the bluegrass state ;)

Maroon87
09-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by sahen
darn them 18 point plays....they do it different in the bluegrass state ;)

Yep. There's a line near midfield and if you score from behind that it's 18 points.:p

Phil C
09-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Oops. I goofed again but thanks for pointing out my errors. Looks like my thoughts are secondary.\

I will request mods to eliminate this thread and apologize for my hasty typing.

pirate4state
09-20-2007, 02:36 PM
:confused: :confused: