PDA

View Full Version : Something to piss off all the Libertarians on the board

big daddy russ
09-20-2007, 10:01 AM
link (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/5149745.html)

I don't think the judge should have any say in this. IMO, it's the blogger's right to remain anonymous.

Bull19
09-20-2007, 10:04 AM
sounds like the hospital in bellville....i know people that say it was a life or death situation they would rather stay at home because their is most likely a better chance of survival if they dont go to the bellville hospital........most around bellville make the trip to brenham, college station and katy if they really need to seek care

luvhoops34
09-20-2007, 10:14 AM
The hospital is trying to squash free speech, because their employees are involved AND they have produced very damming evidence against the hospital.

Phil C
09-20-2007, 10:57 AM
We have to remember that Hospitals are in the business of healing and caring for the sick and helping them as best they can. They are not out to hurt anyone.

Ranger Mom
09-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
We have to remember that Hospitals are in the business of healing and caring for the sick and helping them as best they can. They are not out to hurt anyone.

Without even reading the link above, I had to laugh when I read this Phil C.

I just brought my daughter-in-law home from the hospital yesterday afternoon after taking her to the ER on Saturday night....15 minutes after I got home from Sweetwater. (I don't think I have slept since then).

It would have been hard to convince me that they were helping her out "the best they could" when she was in the ER from 9:00 PM to 11:30 AM THE NEXT DAY...before finally being put in a room.

In that time while we were waiting for them to A. bring her a blanket, B. bring ME a pillow, C. unhook her from the IV so she could go to the restroom, we got to witness one of the nurses birthday parties, cake and presents included. They sang happy birthday, she opened presents and they all had cake...this was a 2:30 in the morning.

I went and found blankets myself...I found pillows myself.....nothing I could do about the IV. After 20 minutes, I finally had to interrupt their little party and REMIND them they had someone hooked to an IV that was just about ready to pee all over the floor.

At 5:30 AM they took her temperature again and it was 104.6, so they decided to admit her....she wasn't in a room until 11:30 AM...the floor she was on wasn't even half full, so they couldn't use that as an excuse.

If ever I get sick....PLEASE don't let them take me to Midland Memorial Hospital!!!!!!

mustang68
09-21-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm sorry for your experience at the hospital. The ER is not indicitive to the care one normally receives in the hospital.
I hope the young lady is doing well.

Thanks for coming by to say hello during the game.

CHS_CG
09-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Without even reading the link above, I had to laugh when I read this Phil C.

I just brought my daughter-in-law home from the hospital yesterday afternoon after taking her to the ER on Saturday night....15 minutes after I got home from Sweetwater. (I don't think I have slept since then).

It would have been hard to convince me that they were helping her out "the best they could" when she was in the ER from 9:00 PM to 11:30 AM THE NEXT DAY...before finally being put in a room.

In that time while we were waiting for them to A. bring her a blanket, B. bring ME a pillow, C. unhook her from the IV so she could go to the restroom, we got to witness one of the nurses birthday parties, cake and presents included. They sang happy birthday, she opened presents and they all had cake...this was a 2:30 in the morning.

I went and found blankets myself...I found pillows myself.....nothing I could do about the IV. After 20 minutes, I finally had to interrupt their little party and REMIND them they had someone hooked to an IV that was just about ready to pee all over the floor.

At 5:30 AM they took her temperature again and it was 104.6, so they decided to admit her....she wasn't in a room until 11:30 AM...the floor she was on wasn't even half full, so they couldn't use that as an excuse.

If ever I get sick....PLEASE don't let them take me to Midland Memorial Hospital!!!!!!

The same can be said about the St. Joe's in Caldwell... I'd rather drive 30 minutes to the one in bryan than go to the one in Caldwell. My mom went in about 4:30 one afternoon.. i believe it was new years day... and she was having terrible stomach pains all day and finally my dad was tired of "hearing her" lol so he told her to get in the car and told me they were goin to the ER, told me lock the door, keep the phone close by, if something happened i knew where the pistol was and call 911 and most of all DONT burn the house down... about 6 he calls me tells me they are still waiting to be seen, he then calls back at 8:30 to tell me my mother is being rushed by ambulance to Bryan bc her appendix were about to burst. Needless to say my dad wasnt happy they sat there for 4 hours b4 they figured out my mom was about to die!

Ranger Mom
09-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by mustang68
I'm sorry for your experience at the hospital. The ER is not indicitive to the care one normally receives in the hospital.
I hope the young lady is doing well.

Thanks for coming by to say hello during the game.

It was nice to see you too!!

I didn't have any major complaints with her hospital stay except to say that hospitals are entirely TOO noisy!! I don't see how anyone can rest and recover in one.

After 5 days she is finally doing better, at home and taking care of her baby..THANK GOD!!! I love my grandbaby to death, but I know why people have babies in their 20's.....I am completely worn out!!!