PDA

View Full Version : TO fined for TD celebration

piratebg
09-19-2007, 04:37 PM
T.O. fined 'thousands' for mock videotape TD celebration
September 19, 2007

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- After seeing the videotape of Terrell Owens' latest touchdown celebration, the NFL office wasn't laughing.

Owens said Wednesday he was fined "a good chunk of money" -- which he later defined as thousands of dollars -- for a celebration that included him using the goal post and football to poke fun at the New England Patriots' spying scandal during Dallas' 37-20 victory over Miami this past Sunday.

A league spokesman said the fine was $7,500.

"It wasn't even the fact I used the goal post as a prop," Owens said. "They said I used the ball."

Beyond being confused about what he can and can't do, Owens is frustrated by the league's policing of end-zone scenes.

"It's kind of hard to understand the rules," he said. "It's like you can't do nothing no more. ... Dude, it's like they're trying to find any way to take fun out of the game. So I'm kind of limited right now as far as what I can do."

T.O. plotted his celebration days before, after getting suggestions from callers on his weekly radio show. He said he likes making them timely.

Now, though, he's going to be more careful with what he does.

"Nothing's worth getting a fine for," he said.

Owens said he'll consider an appeal, but "it may not even be worth it."

How about saving his act until he gets to the sideline?

"I guess so," he said. "Next, they're going to be saying you can't go to the sidelines."

Bull19
09-19-2007, 04:40 PM
thats crap.....trent green made his comments about tom cruise, bill b. and all that and he didnt get nothing.....ocho cinco to a shot at the hall of fame and doesnt get nothing......the nfl is just out to get at T.O. .....i feel bad for T.O. he truly didnt deserve this

Old Tiger
09-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
thats crap.....trent green made his comments about tom cruise, bill b. and all that and he didnt get nothing.....ocho cinco to a shoot at the hall of fame and doesnt get nothing......the nfl is just out to get at T.O. .....i feel bad for T.O. he truly didnt deserve this I agree with you.

rockdale80
09-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Take the fun out of the game? I thought playing was the fun part. :confused: :confused:

burnet44
09-19-2007, 04:45 PM
I hate T.O. but I agree
pretty wack
Guess the NFL aint laughing

Old Tiger
09-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Take the fun out of the game? I thought playing was the fun part. :confused: :confused: Well when your playing in the NFL it's your job ;) The celebrations are the fun part there. Then again they do call it the No Fun League.

piratebg
09-19-2007, 04:48 PM
So if the ball is a prop are they going to cut down on some of the other celebrations like performing CPR on a ball after a touchdown and ect?

Emerson1
09-19-2007, 05:35 PM
I didn't even think he was making fun of the patriots. I thought he was filming "The Show". It was funny listening to the announcers, they couldn't fathom he was using an old camera, they though he was cranking a wheel.

Emerson1
09-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
So if the ball is a prop are they going to cut down on some of the other celebrations like performing CPR on a ball after a touchdown and ect?
They already do, all that was done before the new rule

rockdale80
09-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Well when your playing in the NFL it's your job ;) The celebrations are the fun part there. Then again they do call it the No Fun League.

Your job is to win football games. To train, and compete at a high level and nothing more. What is wrong with instilling sportsmanship in the NFL? Just my thoughts though....another "mute" point;)

...and yes I know the difference between "mute" and "moot". its a reference to another thread.

Old Tiger
09-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Your job is to win football games. To train, and compete at a high level and nothing more. What is wrong with instilling sportsmanship in the NFL?
They did win :D

Terrell is one of the most physical and competitive players in the NFL. He trains so hard and it shows with his physique and speed. :D

Nothing is wrong with sportsmanship in the NFL.

JR2004
09-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Heck I'm a Skins fan and I find this fine ridiculous. Good Lord they're out there to put on a show. Who in the heck is he harming exactly with these celebrations? I guess der Fuhrer won't stop until he completely takes every last single ounce of fun out of this league.

Old Tiger
09-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
der Fuhrer . by that do you mean Dictator Goodell?

burnet44
09-19-2007, 07:50 PM
if the ball is a prop
then can you spike it?

KTA
09-19-2007, 07:51 PM
guess not cause he got a 15 yard delay of game penalty for doing that as well (when he spun it on the ground)

Emerson1
09-19-2007, 08:17 PM
It's a 5 yard penalty if a player spikes the ball after a play.

pirate4state
09-19-2007, 08:24 PM
What does the NFL do with these fines they collect? Do they donate it to charity?

Old Tiger
09-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by KTA
guess not cause he got a 15 yard delay of game penalty for doing that as well (when he spun it on the ground) It's only a 5 yard penalty. He's not the only who's had that called against them