PDA

View Full Version : woman accused of embezzling from Sinton bank

luvhoops34
09-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Woman accused of embezzling from bank
More than $500K taken, officials say; arraignment today

Originally published 03:35 a.m., September 19, 2007
Updated 03:35 a.m., September 19, 2007

The former senior vice president of a bank in Sinton is scheduled to be arraigned on charges she embezzled more than $500,000 between 1999 and 2005.

Shari Lynn Yarbrough, now of Odem, turned herself in to officers Monday at the federal courthouse, officials there said. She was released the same day on a $50,000 unsecured bond and will be arraigned at 8 a.m. today before U.S. Magistrate Judge B. Janice Ellington.

In an indictment filed Sept. 12, the FBI accuses Yarbrough of taking money from what then was Commercial State Bank. The indictment does not describe how the alleged thefts occurred.

A representative from the bank said she has not worked there for 2 1/2 years.

In September 2006, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. announced that Yarbrough agreed not to apply for work at other banks, according to documents provided by the corporation.

Another woman who worked at the same bank also entered into a similar agreement with the FDIC around the same time. She has not been charged and the FDIC did not disclose why she was barred from bank employment. It was unclear if the woman was involved with Yarbrough.

FDIC spokesman David Barr said an order of prohibition is considered a lifetime ban, adding that a person can apply to have the order withdrawn, but it must be approved by the FDIC.

During her first appearance in court, Yarbrough advised the judge that she would secure her own attorney, said Nancy Herrera, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Department of Justice.

No attorney was listed Tuesday for Yarbrough. A telephone number listed for Yarbrough was disconnected.

International Bancshares announced in March that it had completed its acquisition of Southwest First Community Inc., which owned Commercial State Bank and State Bank and Trust in Beeville.

Contact Barbara Ramirez at 886-3792 or ramirezb@caller.com

http://caller.com/news/2007/sep/19/woman-accused-of-embezzling-from-bank/

big daddy russ
09-19-2007, 10:53 AM
You guys have more bank trouble than any place this side of 1870's Missouri. Remind me never to bank in Sinton.

pirate4state
09-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I can't believe they are JUST now taking her to court. :rolleyes: Where is the swift justice used everywhere else. What a crock! I don't think there has EVER been a story in the San Pat News about her either ... gee, I wonder why? :rolleyes: Good 'ol boy system at it's finest! :thumbsup:

piratebg
09-19-2007, 11:00 AM
I know her. She and her family used to be my neighbors before they moved to Odem. I used to mow their lawn and then my family moved into their house when they left. What a small world.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
I know her. She and her family used to be my neighbors before they moved to Odem. I used to mow their lawn and then my family moved into their house when they left. What a small world.

Had you known that, you could have charged her a lot more to more her lawn.

Ranger Mom
09-19-2007, 11:05 AM
I used to mow their lawn

I wonder if she paid you with embezzled money??

44INAROW
09-19-2007, 11:06 AM
more than $500,000 - wow - she wasn't messing around............that's an average of $83,000+ a year.. mercy..

piratebg
09-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Had you known that, you could have charged her a lot more to more her lawn.

Shoot, she paid me damn good to cut their grass, but this was before she was VP, like around 93-95ish.

big daddy russ
09-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yeah, I can't believe they are JUST now taking her to court. :rolleyes: Where is the swift justice used everywhere else. What a crock! I don't think there has EVER been a story in the San Pat News about her either ... gee, I wonder why? :rolleyes: Good 'ol boy system at it's finest! :thumbsup:
Are the Tracys still running the San Pat News?

piratebg
09-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I wonder if she paid you with embezzled money??

Well she wasn't a desperate housewife, that's for sure. :D

piratebg
09-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Yes they are.

44INAROW
09-19-2007, 11:38 AM
I'll bite - is there a relationship with the owners of the San Pat and the "bank lady"?

piratebg
09-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I'll bite - is there a relationship with the owners of the San Pat and the "bank lady"?

That's classified sir. You'll have to contact your local FBI office to obtain that information. :cool:

pirate4state
09-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I'll bite - is there a relationship with the owners of the San Pat and the "bank lady"? None that I'm aware of. Who knows, there might be an article in the paper this week, but everyone knew about this going on 2 years ago when she was fired from the bank so why wasn't it in the paper then? :thinking:

piratebg
09-19-2007, 11:42 AM
I had no clue whatsoever. Maybe I need to find some chismosas to hang out with every now and then.

pirate4state
09-19-2007, 11:43 AM
I had no clue whatsoever. Maybe I need to find some chismosas to hang out with every now and then. :eek: You had no clue?? wow where you been hiding? Of course, I hear all sorts of stuff - you'd be amazed at who knows what!! :eek:

piratebg
09-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Aside from work, I usually don't veture too far out of the house.

Hannibal
09-19-2007, 12:21 PM
You guys have more bank trouble than any place this side of 1870's Missouri. Remind me never to bank in Sinton.

You would be surprised at the number of people here who don't bank here.

Gsquared
09-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Rita, can I borrow a few hundred bucks?

pirate4state
09-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Rita, can I borrow a few hundred bucks?

LOL :mad:

piratebg
09-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Hannibal
You would be surprised at the number of people here who don't bank here.

I don't. ;)

pirate4state
09-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Hannibal
You would be surprised at the number of people here who don't bank here. True, but that may change once the Bank of Odem opens up. ;)

piratebg
09-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Bank of Odem???

pirate4state
09-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Bank of Odem???

Yup. Lots of big $$ pulled out of what is now IBC and went to Bank of Odem. Bank of Odem is going up at the corner of San Patricio & Merriman...right across the street from the new Family Dollar.

piratebg
09-19-2007, 01:24 PM
I was wondering what they were gonna put in that spot. That is all they are building is just a bank. I would have thought they would put something else like a restaurant or another store or two.

pirate4state
09-19-2007, 01:26 PM
I was wondering what they were gonna put in that spot. That is all they are building is just a bank. I would have thought they would put something else like a restaurant or another store or two.

As far as I know, just a bank. There was some talk of a Papa John's coming into town, but that was just talk. :( What's funny is that I think Pizza Hut took it to heart and that's why they now deliver. :D

piratebg
09-19-2007, 01:28 PM
For the longest time I'd hoped that Papa Johns or Dominos would set up shop next to the Movie Gallery. That really would have given Pizza Hut a run for it's money.

pirate4state
09-19-2007, 01:29 PM
For the longest time I'd hoped that Papa Johns or Dominos would set up shop next to the Movie Gallery. That really would have given Pizza Hut a run for it's money. That's exactly where "they" were saying it was going.

AP Panther Fan
09-19-2007, 01:31 PM
:eek: You had no clue?? wow where you been hiding? Of course, I hear all sorts of stuff - you'd be amazed at who knows what!! :eek:

Yep, even I knew about it a couple of years ago when it was discovered...even know how it was being done, but would rather not say. It's one of those things that if I told you, I would have to kill ya and then figure out a way to dispose of the body.....;)

Just kidding, seriously bad stuff though.:dispntd:

pirate4state
09-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Yep, even I knew about it a couple of years ago when it was discovered...even know how it was being done, but would rather not say. It's one of those things that if I told you, I would have to kill ya and then figure out a way to dispose of the body.....;)

Just kidding, seriously bad stuff though.:dispntd:

THANK YOU!!! Dang, piratebg needs to get out more ;)

Phil C
09-19-2007, 02:10 PM
:(

S_Tex_3A_Fan
09-19-2007, 03:59 PM
I want to know who the other person was, that is not allowed to work in banking again.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by S_Tex_3A_Fan
I want to know who the other person was, that is not allowed to work in banking again. i know it wasnt my Aunt, she joined IBC in the transition and she doesnt know who it is either.

IHStangFan
09-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Yeah, I can't believe they are JUST now taking her to court. :rolleyes: Where is the swift justice used everywhere else. What a crock! I don't think there has EVER been a story in the San Pat News about her either ... gee, I wonder why? :rolleyes: Good 'ol boy system at it's finest! :thumbsup: don't even get me started on the Sinton/San Pat "justice" system. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Blastoderm55
09-19-2007, 07:33 PM
We had a good laugh about this, today at the bank.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-19-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
We had a good laugh about this, today at the bank. read the comments on caller.com :)