KICKSTAND!
10-31-2002, 10:31 AM
GATESVILLE (4-1) VS. WHITNEY (0-5)
CHINA SPRING (4-1) VS. WEST (3-2)
ROBINSON (2-3) VS. LA VEGA (3-2)
HILLSBORO (3-2) VS. ROBINSON (2-3)

MATCH-UPS PRETTY GOOD THIS WEEK:

GATESVILLE EASY WINNER.

C.S. WILL BE FAVORED BUT DON'T COUNT OUT WEST.

A MUST WIN FOR ROBINSON TO HAVE A CHANCE TO SAVE 5-0 START. NOT TOO SURE THEY CAN HANDLE THE ATHLETES FROM LA VEGA. CHINA BARELY ESCAPED THE PIRATES.

HILLSBORO SHOULD WIN, BUT CONNALLY HAS SOME ATHLETES AND COULD PUT SOMETHING TOGETHER.

NEXT WEEKS BIG GAME WILL HAVE TO BE HILLSBORO VS. LA VEGA AND WEST VS. ROBINSON.

chris02
11-02-2002, 02:02 PM
wow...what a turn out in 17aaa this week. not that i doubted that west could do it if they wanted to but i mean damn, west never beat cs when i was a west student that's just awesome. lavega's win over robinson also makes an interesting outcome. that now completely leaves the big games of next week to west-robinson and lv-hillsboro. west and la vega are now both 4-2 as well as cs but cs is against whitney, an easy win there. all i can say is wow, i went to west last yr and our team was like 2-8 or something crazy like that and now we could end up as high as 3rd in the district....that's amazing and awesome.

chris02
11-03-2002, 03:02 PM
no other thoughts on 17AAA?? c'mon people this is exciting! if hillsboro beats lv then that put lv out of a chance, but if lv wins and so does west then u've still got them tied in 3rd and hillsboro is out of it, cs and gatesville are in there no matter what. what happens if lv and west end up tied, do they go by the fact that lv beat west in the first game of district play? do they go by points scored/allowed? do they play again? how's that work b/c i have no idea and would like to know...if anyone can help me out i'd appreciate it.

MARLINFAN
11-03-2002, 03:41 PM
i think that they would go by points. i got a question ok would that mean that marlin would play china springs 1st round

rrfann
11-03-2002, 04:41 PM
If west and la vega wins it would go to a 3 way tie breaker. China Spring , West, and La Vega would all have 2 losses, so i would not say china spring is in for sure. I think west and la vega will lose friday, so that should put la vega in 3rd. Whoever marlin has to play out of those 3 teams they have nothing to worry about. Except for gatesville who goes div.1 17-3a is just a average league at best.

chris02
11-03-2002, 06:20 PM
thanks for the info, i didn't know that if lv and west both lost that it was a 3-way with cs. if so then that means that it comes down to gatesville and 2 out of the 3 right? guess that probably means cs and lv, though i'm not exactly sure how the tie-breakers go. i'm not sure that west and lv will both lose this week or not...lv seems to be improving as the season goes on and i think they can put up a pretty damn good fight against hillsboro. as far as west goes, i haven't expected them to get this far all season, they're constantly surprising me. i know that lv barely beat robinson and that lv did beat west quite well in the first game of the season but that's been west's worst game yet so we'll see. i think if west keeps their heads together they have a chance at it. bound to be an interesting friday night this week, wish i could see one of the games but unfortunately i'm unable to so info from the net will have to do. good luck to all 17aaa. wink

Swarm 51
11-04-2002, 01:43 AM
Being a Gatesville Hornet fan I have been following 17AAA for many years and I don't think I have ever seen this district so "muddled" up at the end of the regular season as it is this year. No doubt, it is coming right down to the wire for four teams. Can't see a problem with China Spring taking the Whitney game. West has been the pleasant surprise team of the district. Hillsboro and LV both have loads of team speed, especially at running back and receivers, so that could be a toss-up. But, the Massey Brothers at Hillsboro could make the difference and give the Eagles a win over the Pirates. The Gatesville Hornets realize that Connally will be loaded for an upset and in no way will they be taking this Friday night's game lightly. I will be anxious to hear some 17AAA scores about 10:00 Friday night.

dab
11-04-2002, 03:24 PM
Gatesville is in as the Division I seed.

I think you can go ahead and say China Spring will finish 5-2 after beating Whitney this week.

I think Robinson will take care of West. I am sorry, but i am not a Trojan believer just yet. A win Friday will make a believer out of me and clinch a playoff spot.

I thing LaVega will take the final playoff spot. I think they will handle Hillsboro and earn the final spot outright.

That would make the district:
G-ville 6-1
China 5-2
LaVega 5-2
West 4-3
Hillsboro 4-3
Robinson 3-4
Connally 1-6
Whitney 0-8

AAAfan
11-05-2002, 09:16 AM
Playoff scenarios:

Gatesville is in as Div I representative.

China Spring is in assuming they beat Whitney.

La Vega: gets in with a victory over Hillsboro. LV goes as the third place team because they would be in a three way tie with China Spring and West. Because LV beat West, and West beat CS, and CS beat LV, the tie breaker is points. Therefore, CS goes as first in DII and LV goes as second in DII.

West: gets in with a win at Robinson and a LV loss at Hillsboro. West goes as the first place team in DII and CS goes as the second place team in DII because West beat CS head to head.

Hillsboro: gets in with a win against LV and a West loss at Robinson. Hillsboro goes as the second place team in DII and CS goes as the first place team in DII because CS beat Hillsboro head to head.

Wow! this district race has definetly come down to the last week.

chris02
11-05-2002, 03:08 PM
yeah u can say that again...what a big week in this class. thanks for the run-down on who goes where depending on who wins b/c i was pretty confused with all of these ties going on.