PDA

View Full Version : 3 Giddings Starters out

buff4life
09-18-2007, 08:56 PM
this may even the game out, 3 starters (a senior Offensive lineman, a junior offensive lineman, probably two of the best and a starting outside linebacker) are out for hte game against Hutto because they will be in SAC for getting in a fight at lunch

this will definitely hurt the running game, we'll see what the Giddings offense can do without them, the defense should still be solid as ever though

wookinpanub
09-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
this may even the game out, 3 starters (a senior Offensive lineman, a junior offensive lineman, probably two of the best and a starting outside linebacker) are out for hte game against Hutto because they will be in SAC for getting in a fight at lunch

this will definitely hurt the running game, we'll see what the Giddings offense can do without them, the defense should still be solid as ever though

So losing three of the best players will "even things out." Wow, Hutto, I apologize on his behalf.

eagles_victory
09-18-2007, 08:58 PM
did they fight each other?

hutex04
09-18-2007, 09:19 PM
sounds to me like Giddings is already making excuses for the loss they will recieve from Hutto on Friday. Should be great! top 5 for Hutto next week thanks to Giddings with or without those 3 players :D

luvhoops34
09-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
did they fight each other?

LMAO GMTA....:D

I hope they fought each other and not some poor band nerd.;)

HippoBaseball05
09-18-2007, 09:23 PM
I personally would want Giddings to have their complete roster.

Thay way if Hutto can pull the upset there won't be any excuses.

necks_c/09
09-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
sounds to me like Giddings is already making excuses for the loss they will recieve from Hutto on Friday. Should be great! top 5 for Hutto next week thanks to Giddings with or without those 3 players :D on friday at about 11:00 you will be eating crow;)

hutex04
09-18-2007, 09:25 PM
i dont know, them band players with tuba in hand can be very dangerous. I would not be surprised if the tuba player defended himself and succeded.

buff4life
09-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by wookinpanub
So losing three of the best players will "even things out." Wow, Hutto, I apologize on his behalf.

do you just like starting stuff? i'll ignore you and say a potent Giddings rushing attack might not be as potent with two experieced lineman out...sorry, but no excuses whether we win or lose the coaches have had a week to provide for these losses...but anyway thanks to all for bashing me for just passing along some info:(

hutex04
09-18-2007, 09:27 PM
bookmark this post, if Hutto loses, which they wont, but in good faith; I will come back for my crow stew

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2007, 09:29 PM
bookmark this post, if Hutto loses, which they wont, but in good faith; I will come back for my crow stew
I'll drag up a recipe, just in case. :devil:

hutex04
09-18-2007, 09:29 PM
you can pass the info thats fine. But making excuses before the game starts is just cowardly on your part.

buff4life
09-18-2007, 09:31 PM
you can pass the info thats fine. But making excuses before the game starts is just cowardly on your part.

cowardly huh? alright how about a bet then? if hutto wins, I can't post for a week, if Giddings wins you can't post for a week?

hows that for excuses and being scared? i never said "hey if we lose this is why" no i said that the loss will hurt Giddings...

hutex04
09-18-2007, 09:32 PM
I'll drag up a recipe, just in case.

haha, LH panther mom. Ill be waiting for your special recipe cause you have givin it to me before. And just to let you know. In no way am I picking Hutto to beat Liberty HIll this year haha. I want us to win but we have lost what? 7 staight years to Liberty Hill. haha

Bull19
09-18-2007, 09:35 PM
cowardly huh? alright how about a bet then? if hutto wins, I can't post for a week, if Giddings wins you can't post for a week?

hows that for excuses and being scared? i never said "hey if we lose this is why" no i said that the loss will hurt Giddings...

no post for a week???seriously throw some cash on the table

hutex04
09-18-2007, 09:37 PM
you said it would even out the playing field, which to me is disrespectful. Well, how about whoever losses has to pump the other team for a week. For example, say Giddings wins. Ill post on all the Giddings topics and talk about how good they are and sell them as the best team in the state :D

wookinpanub
09-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
no post for a week???seriously throw some cash on the table

Maybe we'll all get lucky and they'll welcome back ties.

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2007, 09:42 PM
you said it would even out the playing field, which to me is disrespectful.
That was wookinpanub that said that. :p

super1
09-18-2007, 09:42 PM
The missing players didn't seem to hurt them against Hempstead.....:D

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2007, 09:43 PM
haha, LH panther mom. Ill be waiting for your special recipe cause you have givin it to me before. And just to let you know. In no way am I picking Hutto to beat Liberty HIll this year haha. I want us to win but we have lost what? 7 staight years to Liberty Hill. haha
I might have a new recipe for you, just in case. ;) 7 sound right.....

wookinpanub
09-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That was wookinpanub that said that. :p

No, read the post before mine - even though it said "should" before being edited to say "may" even things out.

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2007, 09:48 PM
No, read the post before mine - even though it said "should" before being edited to say "may" even things out. :doh: :doh: Yeah, I see it now. I skipped that part about 5 times.

CHS_CG
09-18-2007, 09:52 PM
i dont know, them band players with tuba in hand can be very dangerous. I would not be surprised if the tuba player defended himself and succeded.

I dunno I saw a color guard member take out a drumline member durning a preforance once... I wouldnt bet it all on the tuba's:devil:

wookinpanub
09-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: Yeah, I see it now. I skipped that part about 5 times.

My bad. It did say "may" originally, but the implication just seemed condescending.

buff4life
09-18-2007, 10:09 PM
you said it would even out the playing field, which to me is disrespectful. Well, how about whoever losses has to pump the other team for a week. For example, say Giddings wins. Ill post on all the Giddings topics and talk about how good they are and sell them as the best team in the state :D

sounds good to me..sorry if i sounded disrespectul, in my opinion the Giddings rushing game was better than Hutto's rush D, so i said it helped my bad for the confusion...but anyway you going to the game?

eagles_victory
09-18-2007, 10:11 PM
never a good idea to talk on message boards about a game your playing in

wookinpanub
09-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
never a good idea to talk on message boards about a game your playing in

Agreed. I thought that same thing and it caused me to suspect maybe Giddings will have its entire lineup intact and it was being used as a tactic to put Hutto on auto-pilot.

buff4life
09-18-2007, 10:15 PM
who's playing in it again?

and wook i actually thought about that...buttttttttt NO

wookinpanub
09-18-2007, 10:17 PM
who's playing in it again?

and wook i actually thought about that...buttttttttt NO

At any rate, the Giddings players might have a problem with being posted on here for getting into trouble. It's sort of a Catch-22 on here admittedly.

buff4life
09-18-2007, 10:18 PM
At any rate, the Giddings players might have a problem with being posted on here for getting into trouble. It's sort of a Catch-22 on here admittedly.

well congratulations to them, maybe they shouldn't get in trouble and hurt they're whole team

leecofans
09-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Agreed. I thought that same thing and it caused me to suspect maybe Giddings will have its entire lineup intact and it was being used as a tactic to put Hutto on auto-pilot.

OMG, you're kidding, right?

You know, I’ve been a “lurker” on this board for over a year before I registered and while I’ve read lots of posts by controversial/sometimes funny posters, I think you take the cake. I just can’t figure you out - I mean, are you a former student who never got the chance to play, but still feel some misplaced loyalty to your “hometown” or what? I’ve read buff4life’s posts on different occasions and have always been impressed that while he’s obviously still a high school student, he manages to maintain a level of class commendable given his age and the fact that his hometown is constantly being bashed (something quite hard for a high school boy to take I would imagine). There are plenty of grown-ups on this board who don’t let it roll as well as this kid does…

I’m not sure exactly what kind of satisfaction it gives you to participate in cyber-fighting with a teenager, but it definitely speaks to some need for professional therapy.

If this post counts as a “personal attack” and I’m banned, so be it - it was worth it!

buff4life
09-18-2007, 10:22 PM
geez...thanks alot well for backing me up and all, but i graduated last year so i guess that was a putdown lol but its all good, atleast i have someone on my side

Bull19
09-18-2007, 10:23 PM
geez...thanks alot well for backing me up and all, but i graduated last year so i guess that was a putdown lol but its all good, atleast i have someone on my side

so how do you always get this info on giddings if u graduated last year?

necks_c/09
09-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by leecofans
OMG, you're kidding, right?

You know, I’ve been a “lurker” on this board for over a year before I registered and while I’ve read lots of posts by controversial/sometimes funny posters, I think you take the cake. I just can’t figure you out - I mean, are you a former student who never got the chance to play, but still feel some misplaced loyalty to your “hometown” or what? I’ve read buff4life’s posts on different occasions and have always been impressed that while he’s obviously still a high school student, he manages to maintain a level of class commendable given his age and the fact that his hometown is constantly being bashed (something quite hard for a high school boy to take I would imagine). There are plenty of grown-ups on this board who don’t let it roll as well as this kid does…

I’m not sure exactly what kind of satisfaction it gives you to participate in cyber-fighting with a teenager, but it definitely speaks to some need for professional therapy.

If this post counts as a “personal attack” and I’m banned, so be it - it was worth it! finally someone feels the way i do....

ty:)

buff4life
09-18-2007, 10:27 PM
so how do you always get this info on giddings if u graduated last year?

well a parent works there, sister is a junior, and three of my best friends are seniors, its a pretty good network and another friend is the assistant principal

necks_c/09
09-18-2007, 10:31 PM
well a parent works there, sister is a junior, and three of my best friends are seniors, its a pretty good network and another friend is the assistant principal in other words, hes got the hookup

buff4life
09-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
in other words, hes got the hookup

pretty much...i also helped up in the pressbox for a couple years since i quit because i tore my ACL twice

necks_c/09
09-18-2007, 10:34 PM
pretty much...i also helped up in the pressbox for a couple years since i quit because i tore my ACL twice and kids who are into football and just recently graduated tend to know quite a bit more than the average hometown fan just b/c theyhad all the inside knowledge.....

and sorry about the ACL.... thats sucks

Bull19
09-18-2007, 10:37 PM
buff are u going to school anywhere?? where at?

buff4life
09-18-2007, 10:38 PM
buff are u going to school anywhere?? where at?

yea i'm going to UT

buff4life
09-18-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
and kids who are into football and just recently graduated tend to know quite a bit more than the average hometown fan just b/c theyhad all the inside knowledge.....

and sorry about the ACL.... thats sucks

hey its all good i guess...i'm over that

Bull's-eye
09-18-2007, 10:45 PM
well a parent works there, sister is a junior, and three of my best friends are seniors, its a pretty good network and another friend is the assistant principal

My cousin and his wife coach/teach at Giddings, but they won't give me any inside information. :D

buff4life
09-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
My cousin and his wife coach/teach at Giddings, but they won't give me any inside information. :D

the Essman's? i loved her as a teacher...:D :clap: :D

Bull's-eye
09-18-2007, 10:51 PM
You need to be on Wheel of Fortune!

buff4life
09-18-2007, 10:55 PM
i would get screwed in the bonus round lol...

Old Tiger
09-19-2007, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by leecofans

better cyber fighing than another kind of cyberinghttp://www.digitpress.com/forum/images/smilies/2003_snuggle.gifhttp://forums.filefront.com/images/smilies/puke.gif:D

ILS1
09-19-2007, 04:43 AM

This is sad indeed. I know as a fan of the game, you'd always want the whole line-up intact. I'm not a fan of Coach Fitzhenry but kudos to him for doing what he has to do. I know it was not an easy decision but to suspend 3 of your best players before a big game and Homecoming on top of that!!! WOW!!!

:clap: :clap:

Darren
09-19-2007, 07:28 AM
Maybe we'll all get lucky and they'll welcome back ties.

Benched....... Imagine that...

Gsquared
09-19-2007, 07:56 AM
Yeah if your a D Bag it can be a catch 22.

Milk That Cow
09-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
This is sad indeed. I know as a fan of the game, you'd always want the whole line-up intact. I'm not a fan of Coach Fitzhenry but kudos to him for doing what he has to do. I know it was not an easy decision but to suspend 3 of your best players before a big game and Homecoming on top of that!!! WOW!!!

:clap: :clap:

ILS1,

Why aren't you a fan of Coach Fitzhenry?

HippoBaseball05
09-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Coach Penland and his staff are going to prepare the same way.

Whether or not these young men are suspended will play no part in the game prep.

buff4ever
09-19-2007, 03:35 PM
leecofan, well said back a page or so. I have always had your back buff4life, heck you even copied my name on here. And if anyone doesn't know who you are by now they are, well something is wrong with them. WOOKIpub whatever is just trying to stir things up, we have to ignore it, they are uneducated opinions that mean nothing. I think i am going to like leecofan.

buff4life
09-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
leecofan, well said back a page or so. I have always had your back buff4life, heck you even copied my name on here. And if anyone doesn't know who you are by now they are, well something is wrong with them. WOOKIpub whatever is just trying to stir things up, we have to ignore it, they are uneducated opinions that mean nothing. I think i am going to like leecofan.

alright mr copycat...thanks for having my back, i think you owe it to me

buff4life
09-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
Coach Penland and his staff are going to prepare the same way.

Whether or not these young men are suspended will play no part in the game prep.

i never said it would do anything against hutto...

all i said was that it can only hurt not help giddings

ILS1
09-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
ILS1,

Why aren't you a fan of Coach Fitzhenry?

A number of things he has done or his staff has done. He is overall responsible for his staff and his players and things they do. I will leave it at that!!!

:eek: :eek:

buff4ever
09-20-2007, 08:45 AM
I hate to say this, but I don't know that Fitz had anything to do with the suspension of the players. The high school administrators made the punishment, which is a known punishment that there would be five days of sack for this behavior. When you are in sack you cannot play in athletic events or other school activities.

Fitz would probably have them on the field if he could help it. Not that I would disagree with him on this one. If I were the AD and they were not in sack, I would run there butt off with a few up/downs and tell them it is unacceptable behavior, we expect our athletes to handle themselves with a little more maturity and then let them play. If it happened again, well that would be different.

Side note, these 3 kids made a mistake regardless, but the story I have heard from a lot of closer individuals than myself is that they were kinda forced into by the opposing fighters, and they tried to avoid the situation. These kids are not all that bad. Granted they shouldn't have gotten into the situation, but I don't know the whole story about how it originated.