PDA

View Full Version : Toughest 3A District

redfish961
09-18-2007, 07:05 PM
From top to bottom, who do you think has the toughest district?

There are all kinds of polls for individual teams, but what district if #1 seed played #1 seed, so on and so forth would come out on top?

Personally, I think 17 3A and 18 3A look pretty stout as a whole.

Thoughts?

17 3A :

Robinson
La Vega
China Spring
Connolly
Gatesville
Lorena

18 3A:

Liberty Hill
Hutto
Cameron
Rockdale
Taylor

buff4life
09-18-2007, 07:12 PM
i wouldn't say 18-3A is extremely tough, take out Liberty Hill, and you basically have one good team left and three pretenders, don't get me wrong, 23-3A isn't much better yet at all...but 17-3A looks to be very competitive..

redfish961
09-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Head to head, I think it would be a 3-2 decison and could go either way.

How do you think 23 3A would fare, with either district?

buff4life
09-18-2007, 07:30 PM
i would think 3-1 with Giddings vs Liberty Hill getting the 5th game

in the other district i would say 3-2 with losses to LaVega and maybe China Spring but that would be a toss up

redfish961
09-18-2007, 07:48 PM
That's probably a reasonable assessment.

I could see 23 3A vs 18 3A ending up with a 3-2 decision in that battle, with the 2 losses coming from either Navasota, La Grange, or maybe even Giddings in the Liberty Hill matchup.

As far as 23 3A vs 17 3A, I would say a 2-4 record for 23 3A with Giddings and Caldwell getting the victories.

Once you get past the 4 top schools in 17 3A, things drop off this year.

Matthew328
09-18-2007, 07:51 PM
14-3A may not be the toughest but its the most balanced...20-3A is good also

redfish961
09-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
14-3A may not be the toughest but its the most balanced...20-3A is good also

How do you think they would match up against the centex districts mentioned?

I don't know much about either of those districts.

BILLYFRED0000
09-18-2007, 11:40 PM
There are not many vaunted districts this year. Some teams are down a little from past seasons.

Robinsons district looks pretty tough in the top 3.

Our district has a good top 4 then the rest drop down to good 2a competition each of those teams either rebuilding or with new systems this year.
Celina
Prosper
Frisco Wakeland
Pilot Point.

Everybody know us but the other 3 teams are very good teams and can match up pretty well with any district at the 2 3 4 positions. Prosper went 3 rounds deep two years ago. Pilot Point has 2 state titles and while not on an up swing in recent years still plays good hard football. FW is a 4a school in numbers this year returning 10 and 11 starters. Good coaching. They may be the number 2 team this year. I do not think they will get good enough to beat us and they have to play in our house this year.

Texasfootball2
09-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by redfish961
From top to bottom, who do you think has the toughest district?

There are all kinds of polls for individual teams, but what district if #1 seed played #1 seed, so on and so forth would come out on top?

Personally, I think 17 3A and 18 3A look pretty stout as a whole.

Thoughts?

17 3A :

Robinson
La Vega
China Spring
Connolly
Gatesville
Lorena

18 3A:

Liberty Hill
Hutto
Cameron
Rockdale
Taylor

Both of these districts are equally tough or balanced. Another district that will be very interesting this year is district 6 3A.

Burkburnett
Graham
Vernon
Wichita Falls Hirischi
Iowa Park

With the exception of Iowa Park the other four teams seem to be equally tough.

Bearkat
09-19-2007, 09:00 AM
I think 21-3A is one of the toughest districts for all sports.

West Orange-Stark
Jasper
Silsbee
Kirbyville
Orangefield
Hamshire-Fannett
Hardin-Jefferson
Bridge City

West Orange, Silsbee, Jasper, and Kirbyville make runs in the football playoffs. Hardin-Jefferson won the basketball state championship. Jasper won the baseball state championship.

Send_the_House
09-19-2007, 09:03 AM
6-3a is a nasty district.

Vernon - Everyone knows they are very good.
Burkburnett - Better than what people know.
Graham - Obviously Good
WF Hirschi - Athletes
I.P. - Single wing is interesting...

lion75
09-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Send_the_House
4 of 5 teams in this district are unbeaten. Very strong.

Old Tiger
09-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Send_the_House

Vernon - Everyone knows they are very good.
Burkburnett - Better than what people know.
Graham - Obviously Good
WF Hirschi - Athletes
I.P. - Single wing is interesting... Region I:rolleyes:

Texasfootball2
09-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Region I:rolleyes:

Especially in Div 1.

Canyon
Abilene Wylie
Burkburnett (?) or WF Hirishi
Decatur (?) at least they used to be.

Div. 2

Snyder
Monohans
Bridgebort
Argyle
Graham
Vernon
Borger
Midland Greenwood
Sweetwater (?)

lion75
09-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Region I:rolleyes: There are plenty of teams in Region 1 that could donkey stomp Rockdale. When your team actually wins a game, you might be able to continue your Region 1 bashing.

lostaussie
09-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by lion75
There are plenty of teams in Region 1 that could donkey stomp Rockdale. When your team actually wins a game, you might be able to continue your Region 1 bashing. i say, i say, dangit man!!!!!!!!!!

Texasfootball2
09-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Easy Fellas, Easy!

Why can't we all just get along!

redfish961
09-19-2007, 03:08 PM
It would be pretty cool for all of District A's coaches to get together and schedule District B's teams for a pre-district matchup early in the season.

Kind of like the college conferences do in some sports ( i.e. Pac 10/ Big 12).

Don't know how feasible that would be, but if the 2 districts were in the same region it could probably be done. The difficult part would be determining who would play who.

burnet44
09-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Sinton's district

j_dog
09-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
I think 21-3A is one of the toughest districts for all sports.

West Orange-Stark
Jasper
Silsbee
Kirbyville
Orangefield
Hamshire-Fannett
Hardin-Jefferson
Bridge City

West Orange, Silsbee, Jasper, and Kirbyville make runs in the football playoffs. Hardin-Jefferson won the basketball state championship. Jasper won the baseball state championship.
Absolutely true. 21-3a has to be one of the toughest, if not the toughest. This is not only because of the history of the teams in the district, but also because there are EIGHT teams in the district. Every year some goods teams will miss the playoffs that most likely would have prospered in a five team district.

20FAN07
09-21-2007, 05:11 PM
hands down 21-3a, like one of the others said baseball,basket state champs. And Orangefield and WOS girls basketball have made it to regionals the past 3 years. There is alot of competitive teams in that district and its sad to see some them having to sit home.

football4life
09-21-2007, 07:43 PM
easily district 5-3A. with the likes of dalhart, perryton and borger battling with canyon and our impressive enrollment numbers. i mean, c'mon, it even actually gets cold up here in november.

rockdale80
09-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by lion75
There are plenty of teams in Region 1 that could donkey stomp Rockdale. When your team actually wins a game, you might be able to continue your Region 1 bashing.

Good one. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

j_dog
09-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by 20FAN07
hands down 21-3a, like one of the others said baseball,basket state champs. And Orangefield and WOS girls basketball have made it to regionals the past 3 years. There is alot of competitive teams in that district and its sad to see some them having to sit home.
And not only did the district produce the state champions in baseball and basketball, the top two District teams in each sport met in the Region III finals, Bridge City lost to Jasper in the baseball Region finals, and Silsbee lost to HJ in the basketball Region finals. I would call that a tough district at least in those two sports for sure. :)