PDA

View Full Version : Emerson/Longhorn arrested/RM screwed up!!

Rabbit'93
09-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Has this been posted before?:D

Another UT football player facing charges 11:00 AM CT

11:00 AM CDT on Tuesday, September 18, 2007
By CHIP BROWN / The Dallas Morning News
chipbrown@dallasnews.com

Texas redshirt freshman running back James Henry has been charged with felony counts of retaliation and tampering with physical evidence in connection with the alleged armed robbery involving former Longhorns football player Robert Joseph in July, according to Austin police.

According to police, Henry admitted to Joseph in a taped jailhouse phone conversation to assaulting one of the victims and disposing of a backpack containing stolen items in the alleged July robbery.

Adidas410s
09-18-2007, 11:08 AM
you're the first one to it...

pirate4state
09-18-2007, 11:08 AM
:doh: wow

GreenMonster
09-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Did I miss Mack Brown leaving UT and them hiring Barry Switzer?

JasperDog94
09-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Did I miss Mack Brown leaving UT and them hiring Barry Switzer? Nope. UT isn't paying their players. Granted they have had more than their share of problems lately.

Bulldog_12
09-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Wow, this has moved from slightly comical to a serious problem in my eyes. 6 players arrested since June? Really?

Emerson1
09-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Eh?

Adidas is the This Was Posted On Page 11 Two Weeks Ago Now I Have To Provide You With A Link To It You Moron police.

Rabbit'93
09-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Eh?

Adidas is the This Was Posted On Page 11 Two Weeks Ago Now I Have To Provide You With A Link To It You Moron police. LMAO:clap: :D Good comeback.

HippoBaseball05
09-18-2007, 01:46 PM
How many does this make now?

http://www.kxan.com/global/story.asp?s=7091356

Old Tiger
09-18-2007, 01:51 PM
:wave: :wave: :doh:

Adidas410s
09-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Eh?

Adidas is the This Was Posted On Page 11 Two Weeks Ago Now I Have To Provide You With A Link To It You Moron police.

Remove Your Head From Your (not allowed ~ p4s) And Start Making Sense With Your Posts...And Get Back To Class Because Lunch Period Is Over

luvhoops34
09-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Six players in the last 4 months...ouch:(

Maybe UT needs to check into who they recruit more thoroughly.

pirate4state
09-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Remove Your Head From Your (not allowed ~ p4s) And Start Making Sense With Your Posts...And Get Back To Class Because Lunch Period Is Over

:rolleyes: get a grip

Emerson1
09-18-2007, 02:03 PM
I get out at 1

HippoBaseball05
09-18-2007, 02:08 PM
....oddly enough that's about the time Henry is hitting the floor after puffin the ganja all night..

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s245/coltsux/l_73378131a7db669b1a2fc001f33396ba.jpg?t=119013324 9

:doh:

wookinpanub
09-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Did I miss Mack Brown leaving UT and them hiring Barry Switzer?

...... or Jackie Sherrill :rolleyes:

wookinpanub
09-18-2007, 02:10 PM

"recess" would have been funnier than "lunch period." :-)

Astrosdawg07
09-18-2007, 03:23 PM
AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas freshman running back James Henry has been charged with two felony counts of obstruction and tampering with evidence, making him the sixth Longhorns player arrested since June.

Henry, who was arrested Monday, is accused of beating up one of the victims of a July home invasion that allegedly involved two other players, Andre Jones and Robert Joseph.

Henry was booked into Travis County Jail where bond was set at $30,000. He was released Tuesday morning and coach Mack Brown said he was suspended indefinitely from the team.

Henry, who redshirted last season, has played in two games on special teams for the No. 7 Longhorns (3-0). Travis County jail and court administration officials did not immediately have a record of an attorney for Henry.

"It was a mishap," Henry told the San Antonio Express-News after his release. "They just came and got me, and said they had a warrant for me. I'm trying to figure out what's going on."

Austin police learned of Henry's involvement by listening to taped recordings of Joseph's phone calls from jail, said Det. Anthony Bigongiari.

During the investigation of the robbery, one of the victims told police that some of Joseph's friends had assaulted them. In one of the taped phone calls, Henry said he "went over there and whupped" one of the victims, who told police they were thrown on the ground and punched and kicked in the head several times, Bigongiari said.

Henry, who did not participate in the robbery, was charged with tampering because police believe he disposed of a backpack containing items stolen in the home invasion, Bigongiari said.

Police also charged a third person, Eddie Ramirez, who is not a football player, with threatening the victims.

Brown said Henry would have been suspended earlier if the team had known the latest allegations.

"It's unfortunate that we have just been informed of the situation or we would have been able to address it when it allegedly occurred in July," Brown said.

Henry's arrest is the latest trouble for a program reeling under a string of arrests. On Monday, Brown reinstated linebacker Sergio Kindle and defensive end Henry Melton, who had been suspended for the first three games because of drunken driving arrests over the summer.

Last week, senior safety Tyrell Gatewood was suspended indefinitely after his arrest on drug charges. Freshman defensive back Ben Wells, who was riding with Gatewood when he was pulled over, was given a citation for possession of drug paraphernalia and released.

Jones remains suspended from the team. Joseph had already left the team before his July arrest because of an earlier incident.

Brown said he is disappointed that the arrests have embarrassed the program but challenged the notion that Texas is riddled with problems.

"Young people who do not obey the law, university or team rules will continue to be disciplined with a stern hand and we will move forward. We continue to have a zero tolerance policy in that regard," Brown said. "I will put our long-term record of character up against anyone, and that's why these situations upset me so much."

UT president William Powers Jr. issued a statement supporting the coach.

"I applaud coach Mack Brown for taking swift action in disciplining a member of his football team," Powers said. "I strongly endorse the penalties he has imposed on this player and others who have been arrested for various offenses. I know coach Brown feels accountable for the conduct of his team and that these players must be held accountable for their own behavior on and off the field."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Ranger Mom
09-18-2007, 03:24 PM
LOL!!! Another merge!!

Old Tiger
09-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!!! Another merge!! What is this like 3 or 4 for this one topic? :D

Ranger Mom
09-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
What is this like 3 or 4 for this one topic? :D

3rd at least...and then I merged it backwards or something and lost the original title.

I knew it started out with Emerson....I had to wing it from there!!:p

Hornet's Nest
09-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Don't worry he'll probably be back next week. Integrity is not one of Mack Brown's strong suit.

Txbroadcaster
09-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Hornet's Nest
Don't worry he'll probably be back next week. Integrity is not one of Mack Brown's strong suit.

prove that statement

HippoBaseball05
09-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Sergio. Kindle.

Henry. Melton.

Emerson1
09-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
Sergio. Kindle.

Henry. Melton.
I can't beleive I forgot about them. Both of those players have played great the past 3 games!!! Mack Brown has no class at all and only cares about winning.:mad: :mad: :mad:

HippoBaseball05
09-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Let's see, missing three games against Ark. St., T.C.U., and Central Florida more than makes up for the fact they could have killed someone while drunk driving.

Seems logical to me.

:mad:

JasperDog94
09-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Let's see, missing three games against Ark. St., T.C.U., and Central Florida more than makes up for the fact they could have killed someone while drunk driving.

Seems logical to me.

:mad: At least Mack has the stones to suspend someone when they do something wrong.*

* - see Kellen Heard

HippoBaseball05
09-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Doing something wrong?

Did you really equate drunk driving to hitting the QB after he throws a pick?

wow.

Old Tiger
09-18-2007, 08:36 PM

Seems logical to me.

:mad: You're stretching for things to whine about. 3 game suspension regardless of who they are playing is a worthy suspension.

JasperDog94
09-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Doing something wrong?

Did you really equate drunk driving to hitting the QB after he throws a pick?

wow. Yes. They are both wrong. What Heard did was borderline assault. He could have crippled McCoy. Luckily that didn't happen.

The horns are justifiably serving suspensions. What more do you want?

BTW - There is precedence for filing assault charges for actions during a sporting event. See the NHL.

HippoBaseball05
09-18-2007, 08:39 PM
I guess it hits home a little more since I had a friend from my youth that was killed by a drunk driver.

Please forgive me for my out of skew opinion.

Emerson1
You're stretching for things to whine about. 3 game suspension regardless of who they are playing is a worthy suspension.
Look who we are talking about. Now look at his sig. Don't bother arguing with it

Old Tiger
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Yes. They are both wrong. What Heard did was borderline assault. He could have crippled McCoy. Luckily that didn't happen.

The horns are justifiably serving suspensions. What more do you want? His team to have more than one national title, his team to win the big 12 south for the first time since 98, his team to have national prominence.

HippoBaseball05
09-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Being an Aggie has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

Mack is in danger of losing instituional control.

JasperDog94
09-18-2007, 08:41 PM
His team to have more than one national title, his team to win the big 12 south for the first time since 98, his team to have national prominence. I would love that as well, but that's not what we're talking about.

Old Tiger
09-18-2007, 08:41 PM

Mack is in danger of losing instituional control. I'm going to just end on this statement, LOL!!!!!

JasperDog94
09-18-2007, 08:42 PM

Mack is in danger of losing instituional control. You'll get no argument from me that Mack needs to get things cleaned up. This last arrest came from an incident that happened 2 months ago. Hopefully he's got these guys straightened out.

HippoBaseball05
09-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Weren't Mack and Barry joined at the hip for a while?

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

JasperDog94
09-18-2007, 08:43 PM

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. What?:confused:

HippoBaseball05
09-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Barry Switzer.

Ever heard of him?

JasperDog94
09-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Barry Switzer.

Ever heard of him? Uhhhhh....yeah. What's his connection to Mack?

Old Tiger
09-18-2007, 08:46 PM

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. If by being winners is what you mean then yes they were :D

coach
09-19-2007, 11:21 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3025453

you tell me!!!

Old Tiger
09-19-2007, 11:23 AM
lol