PDA

View Full Version : UF student tasered(tased?)

mistanice
09-18-2007, 02:35 PM
link removed due to language content....lhpm

Old Tiger
09-18-2007, 03:05 PM
lol...hilarious!

rockdale80
09-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

shankbear
09-19-2007, 08:10 AM
Notwithstanding any burning constitutional questions, this is one of the funniest things on TV in a while. It was a guy trying to get his 15 minutes of fame and it worked. I laughed my butt off at his sissy cries when they subdued him and tasered him. MORE!!!MORE!!!!

3afan
09-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

there was no first amendment violation if thats what you are implying ... long ago the supreme court ruled it was legal to put time limits on these type of "free speech discussions" - the dude didnt want to play by the rules

rockdale80
09-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
there was no first amendment violation if thats what you are implying ... long ago the supreme court ruled it was legal to put time limits on these type of "free speech discussions" - the dude didnt want to play by the rules

What rules? They tried to suppress him as soon as he started talking. Its BS, and the guy was never aggressive. Taser someone for speaking their mind

shankbear
09-19-2007, 08:20 AM
The time for asking questions was over and the guy just went to the mic and started his bit. Kerry let him go but when a certain question about a Clinton indiscretion and Bush impeachment was asked, the mic was cut. Then the UF cops rolled in. The supervisor tried to tazer him first and his didn't work. He ordered the female officer to do it and she did. It was on the guy's shoulder.

A good laugh had by all. The guy was known as a camera hound.

rockdale80
09-19-2007, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by shankbear
The time for asking questions was over and the guy just went to the mic and started his bit. Kerry let him go but when a certain question about a Clinton indiscretion and Bush impeachment was asked, the mic was cut. Then the UF cops rolled in. The supervisor tried to tazer him first and his didn't work. He ordered the female officer to do it and she did. It was on the guy's shoulder.

A good laugh had by all. The guy was known as a camera hound.

Doesnt matter. His question did not incite a riot. I didnt laugh. Camera hound or not, it was within his inherant rights as a citizen of this country. I would hate to know that I couldnt ask a politician a question and demand an answer without being tasered.

3afan
09-19-2007, 08:24 AM
yeah I didnt think the taser was needed, that may have been excessive ...... but other that that it was OK, he exceeded his time limit and would not leave - the same time limit placed on all speakers

rockdale80
09-19-2007, 08:31 AM
yeah I didnt think the taser was needed, that may have been excessive ...... but other that that it was OK, he exceeded his time limit and would not leave - the same time limit placed on all speakers

Agreed to an extent. Maybe not entirely freedom of speech issue, but for sure a excessive force issue.

3afan
09-19-2007, 08:32 AM
still kinda funny --- owwwwwwwwwww, owwwwwwwwwwww

rockdale80
09-19-2007, 08:39 AM
still kinda funny --- owwwwwwwwwww, owwwwwwwwwwww

Unless it happened to you. There is nothing funny about a cop doing that someone.

3afan
09-19-2007, 08:42 AM
true ...................

Aesculus gilmus
09-19-2007, 08:58 AM
The difference between now and the 1960s is that we now live in a full-blown police state reinforced by "Homeland Security" and the Patriot Act. Everyone is considered a suspect.

Had any of you been alive during the 1960s you would realize how "over the top" the "UF" cops' behavior was.

But it's what the younger generation wants now. Maybe it wouldn't if they brought back the draft. It is funny to watch young people turn fascist with the elders now being the "lib'ruls."

crzyjournalist03
09-19-2007, 09:30 AM
so, did John Kerry ever answer the questions???

kof96
09-19-2007, 09:38 AM
those cops suck!They should taser the cops!Stupid pigs!!

3afan
09-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by kof96
...Stupid pigs!!

:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
09-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
The difference between now and the 1960s is that we now live in a full-blown police state reinforced by "Homeland Security" and the Patriot Act. Everyone is considered a suspect.

Had any of you been alive during the 1960s you would realize how "over the top" the "UF" cops' behavior was.

But it's what the younger generation wants now. Maybe it wouldn't if they brought back the draft. It is funny to watch young people turn fascist with the elders now being the "lib'ruls." What does Homeland security or the patriot act have to do with a kid voicing his opininion at a public convention?

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Unless it happened to you. There is nothing funny about a cop doing that someone.

The cops were justified in tasing the guy. No policy violation occurred and not constitutional deprivation took place. Had they not tasered him they would have had to wrestle with him further and he probably would have been hurt. I'm sure the police were called into action at this event and not just looking to bust up people that disagreed with the Senator.

The police have a tough job to do and guys like this make it even tougher.

Rockdale, I'm not sure if you have had a bad experience with police officers in the past, but the police do everything that they can do to hire only the best people. Background checks, credit checks, polygraphs, personal histories, physical agility tests as well as a written test, psychological tests and so on. Even with that you still get a bad apple sometimes and those people mess up the reputation of all the others. The media will show a cop that did something wrong on the headline news, but they do not show when cops do good -- it is not really news worthy.

Old Tiger
09-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
The cops were justified in tasing the guy. No policy violation occurred and not constitutional deprivation took place. Had they not tasered him they would have had to wrestle with him further and he probably would have been hurt. I'm sure the police were called into action at this event and not just looking to bust up people that disagreed with the Senator.

What if the guy had a heart condition and the taser caused it to skip a beat and he died? The taser was unjustified when they could have just carried him out with physical force.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
What does Homeland security or the patriot act have to do with a kid voicing his opininion at a public convention?

In Texas it is called "Disorderly Conduct" -- you can voice your opinion with reason or at least according the Constitution interpreted by the U.S. Supreme Court.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-19-2007, 10:07 AM
What if my aunt had balls? I'm sure you know the saying, you can what if anything. Bottom line is that when he refused the police instructions they had the right to use force. A taser and hands on force are equal. Therefore the police had the right to taser him and be justified in their actions.

Ranger Mom
09-19-2007, 10:09 AM
What if the guy had a heart condition and the taser caused it to skip a beat and he died? The taser was unjustified when they could have just carried him out with physical force.

Everyone here knows how "jaded" I am, but this guy is known for "hamming" it up on camera!

On Good Morning America, they said he was saying that he wasn't even mad at the cops after it was all said and done!!

Old Tiger
09-19-2007, 10:11 AM
What if my aunt had balls? I'm sure you know the saying, you can what if anything. Bottom line is that when he refused the police instructions they had the right to use force. A taser and hands on force are equal. Therefore the police had the right to taser him and be justified in their actions. They had no right to taser a guy for voicing his opinion. They could have easily carried him out of there like they do those who are acting bad at football games and book him for disorderly conduct, like you said earlier, but no they are carrying him out and decide to taser him. Rediculous! Plus it is not like he had intent to hurt John Kerry or any of the police force that day.

This will go to trial and the kid should recieve a lump sum of money for the excessive force used by the police in that situation.

vet93
09-19-2007, 10:17 AM
I heard on Paul Harvey this morning that this whole tape was a hoax.

DaHop72
09-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by kof96
his comments were removed ~ the REAL p4s :D Thanks for your input, and by the way since you think so highly of them don't bother to call them if you have any problems.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rockdale80
09-19-2007, 10:23 AM
What if my aunt had balls? I'm sure you know the saying, you can what if anything. Bottom line is that when he refused the police instructions they had the right to use force. A taser and hands on force are equal. Therefore the police had the right to taser him and be justified in their actions.

WRONG. There are several guaranteed rights to freedom of speech, and assembly; and police are taught to only use force when necessary. He was within his legal rights to speak, and within his rights to not be tasered. I dont care what you say about police. They are still people and some are good, and some are bad. That badge doesnt guarantee them my respect. I bet that when this is all said and done a court will agree with me. Sure you may call it disorderly conduct, but the charge of disorderly conduct would have never received charges or a sentence, because it had no merit. Then they tasered him. He will get paid

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-19-2007, 10:27 AM
WRONG. There are several guaranteed rights to freedom of speech, and assembly; and police are taught to only use force when necessary. He was within his legal rights to speak, and within his rights to not be tasered. I dont care what you say about police. They are still people and some are good, and some are bad. That badge doesnt guarantee them my respect. I bet that when this is all said and done a court will agree with me. Sure you may call it disorderly conduct, but the charge of disorderly conduct would have never received charges or a sentence, because it had no merit. Then they tasered him. He will get paid

I dissagree with you and I would bet that he gets nothing but a fine.

That is it from me on this subject.

Ranger Mom
09-19-2007, 10:30 AM
In reading what happened BEFORE the cameras were rolling, so we don't see that part....it seems like he was being "disorderly" for quite a while before taken down.

I still don't know how I feel about the use of tasers....we had a dad from Greenwood who died a few years ago from an apparent heart attack after being tasered!!

rockdale80
09-19-2007, 10:31 AM
I dissagree with you and I would bet that he gets nothing but a fine.

That is it from me on this subject.

So you dont think they beat Rodney King either? Come on now. Force is only supposed to be used when necessary, not whenever and wherever. You know that.

pirate4state
09-19-2007, 10:33 AM
I'd rather him be tasered than beat with that club stick or shot!!! If he would have just left when they told him to leave none of this would have happened, but he just had to keep on! :rolleyes:

Sometimes you have to know when to just shut your mouth and move on!

Old Tiger
09-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'd rather him be tasered than beat with that club stick or shot!!! If he would have just left when they told him to leave none of this would have happened, but he just had to keep on! :rolleyes:

Sometimes you have to know when to just shut your mouth and move on! How about neither and just carry him outside and arrest him without using brutality.

rockdale80
09-19-2007, 10:38 AM

Or just brought down, and cuffed. But it never should have came to that. He has a right to ask, and the right to demand answers from an elected official that does not put national security at risk.

Ranger Mom
09-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Or just brought down, and cuffed. But it never should have came to that. He has a right to ask, and the right to demand answers from an elected official that does not put national security at risk.

I agree! But from reports, and what we didn't see on video...he was at the back of the line and didn't think he was going to get his questions answered, so he charged the podium to get to the mic....that right there put the police on guard anyway as they took off after him.

I'm not saying I agree with the use of the taser, but I still don't think we have both sides of the story!!

pirate4state
09-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Or just brought down, and cuffed. But it never should have came to that. He has a right to ask, and the right to demand answers from an elected official that does not put national security at risk. He does have a right to ask, but was that the right forum? Wasn't he down on the ground at some point? I dunno maybe I'm jaded, but his cries for help & "owwwww" seemed staged, then again I've never been tasered and/or been man handled by police.

Ranger Mom
09-19-2007, 10:48 AM
then again I've never been tasered and/or been man handled by police.

Not even when you were changing the flat tire???:D :D :p

Bull19
09-19-2007, 10:49 AM

I AGREE,,,,,HE WAS REPEDEATLY WARNED TO SHUT UP AND GO WITH THE POLICE, BUT HE CONTINUED WITH HIS ANTICS, SO BASICALLY THE POLICE DECIDED TO "GET HIS ATTENTION"...HE SURE SHUT HIS MOUTH AFTER HE WAS SHOCKED

Old Tiger
09-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
I AGREE,,,,,HE WAS REPEDEATLY WARNED TO SHUT UP AND GO WITH THE POLICE, BUT HE CONTINUED WITH HIS ANTICS, SO BASICALLY THE POLICE DECIDED TO "GET HIS ATTENTION"...HE SURE SHUT HIS MOUTH AFTER HE WAS SHOCKED Excessively which is illegal and the kids going to get paid.
http://images.inmagine.com/168nwm/photodisc/pdv263/pdv263047.jpg

Bull19
09-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Excessively which is illegal and the kids going to get paid.

I DONT SEE HOW IT WAS EXCESSIVE, HE HAD IT A COMING

Ranger Mom
I wonder if us mods could get us a taser that worked through computers!! :thinking: :thinking:

:D :D

Old Tiger
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I wonder if us mods could get us a taser that worked through computers!! :thinking: :thinking:

:D :D It's called a virus :D

Ranger Mom
09-19-2007, 10:54 AM
It's called a virus :D

No!! Don't ruin it for me!!

I liked the thought of someone typing something and being able to send a shock through the keyboard!!:D

pirate4state
09-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Not even when you were changing the flat tire???:D :D :p not even then! The cop didn't "man handle" me, but I did have a run in with another cop that searched my car for drugs!! :eek: :eek: I was on I-45 Huntsville to Dallas and from across the highway he said he noticed my inspection sticker was past due!!! Are you kidding me??? It wasn't by the way, even funnier he had stopped me the week before for speeding and let me go w/ a warning. Guess he thought it was suspcious of me to be making back-to-back trips on that stretch of highway. :rolleyes: I must be up to no good. I was fuming, but let him conduct his search, took his badge # and went about my business when he didn't find the drugs he was so convinced I had!!! :hand:

Old Tiger
09-19-2007, 10:55 AM
No!! Don't ruin it for me!!

I liked the thought of someone typing something and being able to send a shock through the keyboard!!:D How about the mouse whenever they click "Submit Reply?" :D

pirate4state
09-19-2007, 10:56 AM

LOL it's called the "bench" and "eject" buttons!! :p :p

Old Tiger
09-19-2007, 10:57 AM
LOL it's called the "bench" and "eject" buttons!! :p :p Your ruining her fun!

pirate4state
09-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Your ruining her fun!

:o My bad! Although, that would be kinda of funny - what she is suggesting. :D

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2007, 11:20 AM

I want one! :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

rockdale80
09-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
I AGREE,,,,,HE WAS REPEDEATLY WARNED TO SHUT UP AND GO WITH THE POLICE, BUT HE CONTINUED WITH HIS ANTICS, SO BASICALLY THE POLICE DECIDED TO "GET HIS ATTENTION"...HE SURE SHUT HIS MOUTH AFTER HE WAS SHOCKED

So a cop can shoot a pistol up in the air, or threaten to shoot you with a real gun, and that is acceptable? No. Its not, because it is excessive. They should not have bothered him to begin with. right or wrong format, there shouldnt be censorship when a question is asked, or at a speech by an elected official. Besides, the guy was walking to the door and saying he was leaving. Well!!!! let him leave. Doesnt seem hard to me. Like I said, the kid will get paid. Congrats guys....an overzealous cop got trigger happy and cost you some tax money. Keep defending what they do though when it is clearly wrong. :rolleyes:

rockdale80
09-19-2007, 11:48 AM
He does have a right to ask, but was that the right forum? Wasn't he down on the ground at some point? I dunno maybe I'm jaded, but his cries for help & "owwwww" seemed staged, then again I've never been tasered and/or been man handled by police.

A taser will drop the biggest man. It hurts really bad. Not something to take lightly or play with. Those of you that dont think it hurts let me taser you. It is rough.

pirate4state
09-19-2007, 11:50 AM
So a cop can shoot a pistol up in the air, or threaten to shoot you with a real gun, and that is acceptable? No. Its not, because it is excessive. They should not have bothered him to begin with. right or wrong format, there shouldnt be censorship when a question is asked, or at a speech by an elected official. Besides, the guy was walking to the door and saying he was leaving. Well!!!! let him leave. Doesnt seem hard to me. Like I said, the kid will get paid. Congrats guys....an overzealous cop got trigger happy and cost you some tax money. Keep defending what they do though when it is clearly wrong. :rolleyes:

He was still mouthing off. Why couldn't he just leave peacefully? HUH? BECAUSE he wanted ATTENTION! :bigcry: Well, he got it!!

I don't think a taser has a trigger, does it? :p

Old Tiger
09-19-2007, 11:50 AM
He was still mouthing off. Why couldn't he just leave peacefully? HUH? BECAUSE he wanted ATTENTION! :bigcry: Well, he got it!!

I don't think a taser has a trigger, does it? :p The one the cops use does. It shoots out a string of things and they can taze you when the deem necassary.

rockdale80
09-19-2007, 11:52 AM

I don't think a taser has a trigger, does it? :p

What is wrong with being passionate about something that is a very important issue? Standing up for yourself in this setting was an attempt to get a spotlight on the issues at hand. Nothing wrong with that. And yes a taser does have a trigger. It looks just like a yellow pistol. ;)

Old Tiger
09-19-2007, 11:53 AM
This is the most common taser used by cops;
http://www.personalsecurityonline.com/images/products/44001.jpg

shankbear
09-19-2007, 01:01 PM
The guy told the cops that they didn't do anything wrong. He asked them if there would be cameras at other places that they were taking him. He was reported to be totally quiet when not in view of the cameras but he went ballistic when the cameras were on. The cops should have just picked him up and removed him. They did not need to tazer the guy.

There are reasonable time and place restrictions on speech that have been recognized by the US Sup Ct. Whether this fit any of those exceptions is doubtful. He was not attacking ole IWASINVIETNAM Kerry.

rockdale80
09-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
The guy told the cops that they didn't do anything wrong. He asked them if there would be cameras at other places that they were taking him. He was reported to be totally quiet when not in view of the cameras but he went ballistic when the cameras were on. The cops should have just picked him up and removed him. They did not need to tazer the guy.

There are reasonable time and place restrictions on speech that have been recognized by the US Sup Ct. Whether this fit any of those exceptions is doubtful. He was not attacking ole IWASINVIETNAM Kerry.

He was in Vientam and served his country. More than I can say for his competition.

pirate4state
09-19-2007, 01:48 PM
What is wrong with being passionate about something that is a very important issue? Standing up for yourself in this setting was an attempt to get a spotlight on the issues at hand. Nothing wrong with that. And yes a taser does have a trigger. It looks just like a yellow pistol. ;)

I have already forgotten what he was asking. How is that for an important issue? In all the hoopla of "should he have been tasered or not?" His questions have slipped my mind. :D

pirate4state
09-19-2007, 01:49 PM
This is the most common taser used by cops;
http://www.personalsecurityonline.com/images/products/44001.jpg

Didn't know they looked like "real" guns. I was thinking of what Veronica Mars used. LOL :nerd:

Maroon87
09-19-2007, 05:11 PM
I personally think the dude was trying to be "Borat Jr." He apparently has a rep around campus for being a doofus.

rockdale80
09-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I personally think the dude was trying to be "Borat Jr." He apparently has a rep around campus for being a doofus.

That doesnt mean I pistol whip or taser everyone that annoys me. Wish I could though, but I dont. :p

Emerson1
09-19-2007, 06:51 PM
I wonder how far that thing dug in being shot from 2 feet away

Johnny 5
09-19-2007, 07:04 PM
I am an ex police officer.

There was no first amendment violation. He said what he needed to say. He was not punished for saying what he said. He was taken away because of disorderly conduct. He was causing a scene, which is against the law.

The officers then tried to remove the man. All the man had to do was connect a flailing arm to a police officer, and the force is scaled up, since it could be considered assault of a police officer.

The man would not sit down and shut up. He was given an order to. A lawful order. He did not comply. That is against the law. Failure to obey a lawful order. This also allows the escalation of force.

The police are in the clear, and nothing will come of this, except people crying about the police state and fascism, etc.

And a police officer is not allowed to point a loaded weapon at someone, unless he intends to use it. Otherwise, he is violating the law.

PlayaJBiehl20
09-19-2007, 08:32 PM

How did he not play by the rules he didn't even take ten minutes and Kerry was going to answer the question, what the COPS did was not right. Thats some bull.

PlayaJBiehl20
09-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5

There was no first amendment violation. He said what he needed to say. He was not punished for saying what he said. He was taken away because of disorderly conduct. He was causing a scene, which is against the law.

The officers then tried to remove the man. All the man had to do was connect a flailing arm to a police officer, and the force is scaled up, since it could be considered assault of a police officer.

The man would not sit down and shut up. He was given an order to. A lawful order. He did not comply. That is against the law. Failure to obey a lawful order. This also allows the escalation of force.

The police are in the clear, and nothing will come of this, except people crying about the police state and fascism, etc.

And a police officer is not allowed to point a loaded weapon at someone, unless he intends to use it. Otherwise, he is violating the law.

And how was it a scene, because you go against someone at their convention or whatever it was, he was putting a point out there then asking a question, there was more of a scene cause by the POLICE then there was by the guy asking the question.

rockdale80
09-19-2007, 08:47 PM

So if you were on duty you would have tasered him? Give me a break.

Big Papa
09-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
And how was it a scene, because you go against someone at their convention or whatever it was, he was putting a point out there then asking a question, there was more of a scene cause by the POLICE then there was by the guy asking the question.
did you watch the video...it was a scene...and it said that he had been running around for around 10 mins before trying to get in to speak...then he ran up to the stage it wasn't even his turn

shankbear
09-19-2007, 11:34 PM
kof96...hope that you never need a cop with that attitude.

burnet44
09-19-2007, 11:49 PM

without question

rockdale80
09-20-2007, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
without question

Disorderly conduct has such a broad spectrum that it can be used as an excuse for anything. I dont care where anyone stands on the issue of him speaking, but I do know that the taser was excessive.

Johnny 5
09-20-2007, 08:47 AM
He failed tocomply with the police officer. Verbal restraint was not working. It escaltes. Physical restarint was not working. It escaltes. Next is Taser/Mace.

Simple really.

All he had to do was shut his trap.

rockdale80
09-20-2007, 09:29 AM
He failed tocomply with the police officer. Verbal restraint was not working. It escaltes. Physical restarint was not working. It escaltes. Next is Taser/Mace.

Simple really.

All he had to do was shut his trap.

Man it seems like you get off on authority. Not simple really. Cops arent god, and just because a cop says something doesnt mean you have to comply. I dont care whether you agree or not, and just because you were once a cop doesnt mean the court and judge will agree with you. It also doesnt mean that you have full comprehension of the law. See below

THE CONTINUM OF FORCE

Apparently this is standard procedure across the board.

1. Suspect presence - Interview stance
2. Verbal resistance - Verbal commands
3. Passive resistance- Passive techniques (handcuffs)
4. Defensive resistance - Chemical agents
5. Active physical resistance-Physical tactics/impact weapons
6. Firearms/deadly force - Firearms/deadly force

As you can see that impact weapons are not called for unless he is actively and physically resisting. Weird. Guess I am not the only one that thought it was excessive.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

kof96
09-20-2007, 09:30 AM
I hope they fire those sorry cops!:mad:

3afan
09-20-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
How did he not play by the rules ...

he didnt leave when ordered to ...

Maroon87
09-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Man it seems like you get off on authority. Not simple really. Cops arent god, and just because a cop says something doesnt mean you have to comply. I dont care whether you agree or not, and just because you were once a cop doesnt mean the court and judge will agree with you. It also doesnt mean that you have full comprehension of the law. See below

THE CONTINUM OF FORCE

Apparently this is standard procedure across the board.

1. Suspect presence - Interview stance
2. Verbal resistance - Verbal commands
3. Passive resistance- Passive techniques (handcuffs)
4. Defensive resistance - Chemical agents
5. Active physical resistance-Physical tactics/impact weapons
6. Firearms/deadly force - Firearms/deadly force

As you can see that impact weapons are not called for unless he is actively and physically resisting. Weird. Guess I am not the only one that thought it was excessive.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He wasn't physically resisting? Did you see the same video I saw? It looks to me like they followed the procedure you laid out. They told him time was up...he kept going. They told him again...he kept going. They tried to grab him...he pulled away. They tried to cuff him...he actively and physically resisted. That's when the Tasers came out. I'm not always a fan of the police but it looks to me, based on what you said, like they followed procedure. The only thing I would question is why they didn't Taser him sooner.

rockdale80
09-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
He wasn't physically resisting? Did you see the same video I saw? It looks to me like they followed the procedure you laid out. They told him time was up...he kept going. They told him again...he kept going. They tried to grab him...he pulled away. They tried to cuff him...he actively and physically resisted. That's when the Tasers came out. I'm not always a fan of the police but it looks to me, based on what you said, like they followed procedure. The only thing I would question is why they didn't Taser him sooner.

He was walking away. He never struck or acted aggressive towards the officers. That would be active physical resistance. Huge difference.

Johnny 5
09-20-2007, 11:22 AM
He was not walking. The cops had to drag him out.

And the officer followed the steps outlined.

So what is the big deal?

Why should they be fired?

scott Wilson
09-20-2007, 11:32 AM
He lost his rights when told by the LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS to leave. He threw his hands up and did NOT obey their commands. Whatever your beliefs, this country has LAWS. You don`t abide by them, you suffer the consequences. Why could he just not have said his peace, and let himself be escorted out? Why make the stink? Why resist the police? When our forefathers wrote the constitution, they didn`t have people like this in mind. They are rolling in their graves at the way "Freedom of Speech" is distorted and thrown around when someone wants to get air time or get their "cause" heard. I bet if they were alive today, they`d rip up the original constitution and start over. Saying "We have the right to freedom of speech, just don`t try and use it as a crutch for your cause, and don`t be a blooming idiot and try and abuse the right."

sotxrat
09-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Well said, Scott!!!!!

rockdale80
09-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Wrong. :crazy: :crazy:

And sometimes what you believe in is worth standing up for. Maybe one day you can be passionate for a cause and willing to do whatever it takes to convey your enthusiasm. besides this isnt a freedom of speech issue. its a police brutality issue.

pirate4state
09-20-2007, 11:57 AM
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/banghead.gif

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2007, 12:03 PM
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/banghead.gif
Can I get an Amen? ;)

shankbear
09-20-2007, 12:05 PM
When all the layers of monkey doo doo are peeled away, I bet that this was all a prank by this guy. He went in there and had another person video him with his own camcorder. Not sure if the guy had a lawsuit on his mind but only he would know that. He plainly resisted but I think it was off the chain deploying the taser in this situation. Should have simply dragged him out of there.