PDA

View Full Version : Glen Rose

RedWhiteBlue
09-18-2007, 12:15 PM
I am a new poster- but have been a 'spy' for a long time. Can anyone tell me anything about Glen Rose? Heard they could be a little rough. We just came off of a big win and may be a little cocky..... anybody have any news about them?

VWG
09-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Tigers led by their QB, Thompson, who is a very good athlete.
Offense is a two headed machine with Thompson and Harris.
They spanked Crandall their first game, got by Ranchview, but a pretty good China Spring club beat them down last week.
I think it was like 40-14 China Spring.
If Thompson has time he can pick you apart, but what good HS QB can't do that with time in the pocket.

marlin fan
09-18-2007, 09:25 PM
GO GLEN ROSE!!!

JR2004
09-18-2007, 09:58 PM
They did just get spanked by China last week 41-13, but Bell is putting together the beginning of what could be a pretty good run for China over the next 2 or 3 years.

KTA
09-18-2007, 10:12 PM
GO GRAHAM!!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-18-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I am a new poster- but have been a 'spy' for a long time. Can anyone tell me anything about Glen Rose? Heard they could be a little rough. We just came off of a big win and may be a little cocky..... anybody have any news about them?

Welcome to the board.

I don't know anything about Glen Rose though.

RedWhiteBlue
09-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the information- alot more than I knew before.

BILLYFRED0000
09-19-2007, 07:26 AM
Graham should win this one. Easily IMHO but don't tell the boys.

Texasfootball2
09-19-2007, 08:08 AM
Where is this game being played?

Gsquared
09-19-2007, 08:24 AM
Glen Rose is not very good.

RedWhiteBlue
09-19-2007, 08:43 AM
At Glen Rose and no after the win last week- hopefully our boys have their heads on straight........
GO STEERS!!!

Texasfootball2
09-19-2007, 08:50 AM
At Glen Rose and no after the win last week- hopefully our boys have their heads on straight........
GO STEERS!!!

Congrats on the big win last week. Was a very entertaining game. Even though both teams turn the ball over than you would want good football teams to do. Graham just made a couple more plays than Wylie did when they had to, especially in the red zone and came away with a great victory.

Maybe they learned something from two years ago when Graham pulled off the same kind of victory against Wylie and then had a hangover for the next 2 ro 3 games, and didn't play well.

Don't know much about Glen Rose, but some have said they have a great QB, which sometimes can be the ultimate equalizer. If Grahams DL plays this week the way they played last week, they should win.

Gsquared
09-19-2007, 08:50 AM
GO STEERS!!!
Trust me, if Graham struggles with Glenn Rose then Graham is in deep doo doo. I saw Graham zero week so I doubt that will happen.

VWG
09-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Steers defense is playing solid football.
I read online (WF Times/Record News) that if Graham didn't give up the long reverse play to Wylie last week, then Wylie's avg. rush would have been like 1.9 yards per carry.
Glen Rose won't try and run the ball though...

RedWhiteBlue
09-19-2007, 09:06 AM
We are struggling offensively and not to make excuses or to knock Casey AT ALL, but our QB make look like more than a sophomore, but he still makes some sophomore mistakes and we are still growing offensively. Our defense has been HUGE- they have saved our rear ends over and over.
Being from the Bulldog area, beating them is always nice - both Clyde and Wylie, I don't care by how much or how little.
GO STEERS!!!

Texasfootball2
09-19-2007, 10:18 AM
We are struggling offensively and not to make excuses or to knock Casey AT ALL, but our QB make look like more than a sophomore, but he still makes some sophomore mistakes and we are still growing offensively. Our defense has been HUGE- they have saved our rear ends over and over.
Being from the Bulldog area, beating them is always nice - both Clyde and Wylie, I don't care by how much or how little.
GO STEERS!!!

He did throw four interceptions last Friday and had several other misthrows, but the throw on 3&12 from their own 15 yardline that resulted in an 85 yard TD pass was a great throw and was the play that completely swong the momemtum in Grahams favor and change the whole game, even though they were still down by 2 points after that.

RedWhiteBlue
09-19-2007, 10:30 AM
You are correct. Please understand, I wouldn't have anyone else in that position right now- but it is a position that you 'grow' in to. And part of that growth is making mistakes.

RedWhiteBlue
09-19-2007, 10:31 AM
By the way, I am glad you got off the McCoy downer wagon Texas!

Texasfootball2
09-19-2007, 10:44 AM
After watching Graham play in person last Friday, I was very impressed with their front four. This team will go as far as this group will take them. LB's do a great job of making plays, but their usually totally unblocked because of the great job their DL are doing.

If a team can run the ball on them and slow those four guys down a little they will be in trouble. I don't think their offense will be consistant enough to carry them, but their defense may.

RedWhiteBlue
09-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the props! You are right about our Defense for sure. They will definitely be carrying us anywhere we go. I am glad 99 and 8 have come around. I hope they play as well this week.