PDA

View Full Version : 02 Everman...03 Gainesville

rholl
12-26-2003, 11:41 AM
I thought Gainesville had a very similar football team to what Everman had last yr and I wasn't surprised to see them beat Burnet in Championship. Now I know they have many returning basketball players also. Any chances of them pulling both titles like Everman last yr? I also hear they are down a player now....is this a big loss for their title chances in bball.

Keith7
12-26-2003, 01:31 PM
Gainesville is gonna be good at basketball, they have everyone coming back, but i'm not for sure if they are a state championship type team because we have no Big man downlow...

And yes terrius quit the team to concentrate on football, but the leopards should not suffer too badly.. Last year when Terrius was out, we actually played better..

There are the answers to your questions.. if u wanna know anything else just ask

kaorder1999
12-26-2003, 03:51 PM
hmmm..shouldnt have come out to play...i hate that excuse from athletes...

kaorder1999
12-26-2003, 03:58 PM
no disrespect to g-ville but it hink the 2001 and 2002 everman teams were better....

Keith7
12-26-2003, 06:00 PM
kaorder1999:
hmmm..shouldnt have come out to play...i hate that excuse from athletes...Terrius came into high school as a top ranked Basketball Player.. he started his freshman year on the state championship team.. but after the coaches changed and Terrius joined football, it became more clear that he has a brighter future in football.. and from how he talks, it seems like he did not really realize that until the last couple of weeks.. You'll see him again in Powerlifting and Track

lobo12
12-26-2003, 09:34 PM
we played everman last year in the quarter finals. they were beating us 50-0 at halftime, we played bad but they were killing us too. the refs told us and our coaches that that was the best high school football team they had ever seen in any class

Keith7
12-26-2003, 11:18 PM
lobo12:
we played everman last year in the quarter finals. they were beating us 50-0 at halftime, we played bad but they were killing us too. the refs told us and our coaches that that was the best high school football team they had ever seen in any classI didnt know they had inexperienced refs in the playoffs

lobo12
12-26-2003, 11:52 PM
i meant that out of the games that they had called

rholl
12-29-2003, 10:53 AM
Keith...why do they have to be inexperienced refs to say Everman was a great team???????
I'm sure you made it to several of the Everman games right????????

shinigdam
12-29-2003, 04:55 PM
I would like to know how those teams compared? I saw EHS play, but have not seen GHS play, so I can not make a comparison. How about somebody from Forney and / or Burnet making a comparison on the '02 EHS team v the '03 GHS team?????

Cowtown
12-29-2003, 07:25 PM
Keith,
I thought the Gainesville paper reported that Terrius was dismissed from the team. The coach said he wasn't going to have a player cussing him.
You mentioned he was going to concentrate on running track and power lifting this spring. Why didn't he run track last spring? I know G-ville already had plenty of speed without him, but surely he would have fit in somewhere.

Keith7
12-30-2003, 03:06 AM
Cowtown:
Keith,
I thought the Gainesville paper reported that Terrius was dismissed from the team. The coach said he wasn't going to have a player cussing him.
You mentioned he was going to concentrate on running track and power lifting this spring. Why didn't he run track last spring? I know G-ville already had plenty of speed without him, but surely he would have fit in somewhere.He was not dismissed for cussing at the coach, that was exagerated by the sports editor.. but he did quit during a game..

and Terrius is a alrigth friend of mine, but he didnt really have his mind strait this past year because of alot of incidents.. but trust me he has realized what he has and wont screw things up again

Jacket2000
12-30-2003, 04:46 AM
While G'ville had a great team in '03, I dont think you can compare them at all to the Everman teams, especially the 2001 team. Ive never seen a team dominate an entire season like they did.
J2K