PDA

View Full Version : Naming My Unborn Child..(NF)

IHStangFan
09-17-2007, 10:37 PM
so we've decided on a boy's name and a girl's name. We find out here in the next couple of weeks if its a boy or girl.

For a boy: Faron Colt
For a girl: Jetta Grace

I'm still open to ideas though..hence this thread. Let's hear some good names.

DaHop72
09-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
so we've decided on a boy's name and a girl's name. We find out here in the next couple of weeks if its a boy or girl.

Old Tiger
09-17-2007, 10:39 PM
What's your last name?

IHStangFan
Originally posted by DaHop72
I thing Rick for a boy is good. :) LOL...hey hop...Rick is a good name, but there are already too many Ricks in the family.

IHStangFan
Originally posted by Go Blue
What's your last name? StangFan

DaHop72
09-17-2007, 10:40 PM
LOL...hey hop...Rick is a good name, but there are already too many Ricks in the family. :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

:D :D

rockdale80
09-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

:D :D

You can never have too many Rick's in the family.

Old Tiger
StangFan You should name him/her Ivana

sweetwater07
i always thought Brynn Elizabeth was a good name for a girl

IHStangFan
09-17-2007, 10:44 PM
What's your last name? Blue...to answer your question seriously ....Clanton

Old Tiger
09-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Blue...to answer your question seriously ....Clanton If it's a boy you gotta name him something that would make an awesome name for a football player like....Brice Clanton

IHStangFan
09-17-2007, 10:46 PM
We joked about Faron Ulysses Clanton.....tell what those initials spell? :D

JR2004
09-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Hmm...Well I've already gotten my fiance to agree to letting me name the first boy we have Vincent. I told her the next day after the Rose Bowl that that had to be his first name and she finally relented after A LOT of convincing. She was dead set on Marquise, but finally relented if I'd agree for Marquise to at least be the middle name...lol.

You have some unique choices on your names StangFan so go with em!

88bobcats
09-17-2007, 10:47 PM

Why not just go with Young McCoy or Volkswagen Prayer?

IHStangFan
09-17-2007, 10:51 PM
LOL...alright...I can see I need to do some 'splainin.

Faron=Faron Young...one of my favorite singers. Colt=Colt firearms NOT Colt McCoy. (and I like the way it sounds coming after Faron)

Jetta=Anglo-Saxon name meaing dark-haired. (Mama has dark hair and I'm hoping the kid looks like mama, LOL). Grace=mama's grandmother's name and mama's mother's middle name...and we liked the way it sounded w/ Jetta. The Volkswagen had NO influence in the name picked. :D

Old Tiger
09-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Name him McLovin!!!!!

IHStangFan
09-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Name him McLovin!!!!! I'm gonna smack you. LOL.

JR2004
09-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Name him McLovin!!!!!

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

IHStangFan
09-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! Can't be any worse than the people that named their kid Espn. :confused:

88bobcats
09-17-2007, 10:56 PM
LOL...alright...I can see I need to do some 'splainin.

Faron=Faron Young...one of my favorite singers. Colt=Colt firearms NOT Colt McCoy. (and I like the way it sounds coming after Faron)

Jetta=Anglo-Saxon name meaing dark-haired. (Mama has dark hair and I'm hoping the kid looks like mama, LOL). Grace=mama's grandmother's name and mama's mother's middle name...and we liked the way it sounded w/ Jetta. The Volkswagen had NO influence in the name picked. :D

Excellent! I'm glad you have reasons behind the names.....Congratulations.

IHStangFan
09-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
Excellent! I'm glad you have reasons behind the names.....Congratulations. thanks! My cousin and his wife just had twins...they named them Waylon and Wyatt. I asked him "don't you think w/ the last name Clanton that naming one of your boys Wyatt is a bit ironic" He looks at me and says "thats exactly why I did it" LOL.

88bobcats
09-17-2007, 11:02 PM
I forgot to add that you should consider Adelaida Clydemnestra Clanton for a daughter.

Adelaida: George Strait's "purty little Cajun queen"

Clydemnestra: greek literature

IHStangFan
09-17-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
I forgot to add that you should consider Adelaida Clydemnestra Clanton for a daughter.

Adelaida: George Strait's "purty little Cajun queen"

Clydemnestra: greek literature hell, I'd have to learn how to spell if I went w/ that name! :p

eta....back when I was in basic training...we had a kid w/ a last name of like Kovlejizek or something like that....and they just called him Private Alphabet. LOL...I couldn't do that to a child.

Bull19
09-17-2007, 11:07 PM

ive got a cousin who's name is jenna grace......

but for a boy's name ive always thought "slaid" was pretty kool

88bobcats
09-17-2007, 11:11 PM
hell, I'd have to learn how to spell if I went w/ that name! :p

eta....back when I was in basic training...we had a kid w/ a last name of like Kovlejizek or something like that....and they just called him Private Alphabet. LOL...I couldn't do that to a child.

:D Yeah, my wife wouldn't go for Adelaida Clydemnestra for similar reasons.....she also said somethin' 'bout me "...bein' a freakin' idiot"......Ha!

DDBooger
09-17-2007, 11:17 PM

Thanks :) no way, go with Tyrone or Lil NUGG NUGG, Pojo, or Nato jenkins! lmao

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm gonna smack you. LOL.
Please do! Can I watch? :D

IHStangFan
09-17-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
no way, go with Tyrone or Lil NUGG NUGG, Pojo, or Nato jenkins! lmao LOL I was in the army w/ a guy named Asa Jenkins. We also had a kid in basic whos name was Job Handcock :doh:

Phantom Stang
09-17-2007, 11:31 PM
LOL I was in the army w/ a guy named Asa Jenkins. We also had a kid in basic whos name was Job Handcock :doh:
I'm glad I read that between sips.:D

pirate4state
09-17-2007, 11:32 PM
:doh:

Seriously....

wow :D

Buckeye80
09-17-2007, 11:36 PM
I was in the military with a guy named Matrix.

But I think GJ Kinne Clanton has a nice ring.:D

BobcatBenny
09-17-2007, 11:48 PM

That girl has got farfegnugen! :D

big daddy russ
09-17-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
That girl has got farfegnugen! :D
Where's the potpurri?

big daddy russ
09-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Barrett, I love the name Faron Colt. It's different and old-school, but still sounds better than some of the other old school names I've heard.

If you wanted to do an homage to ol' Mel, you could name him "Vernon" (his middle name and a town in N. Texas). If you want to get slightly crazier, name his after my grandma, Idalia. If you want to go off the deep end, my grandpa's name was Vermer.

Some interesting choices from the residents of rural Mississippi and Alabama.

IHStangFan
09-18-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Barrett, I love the name Faron Colt. It's different and old-school, but still sounds better than some of the other old school names I've heard.

If you wanted to do an homage to ol' Mel, you could name him "Vernon" (his middle name and a town in N. Texas). If you want to get slightly crazier, name his after my grandma, Idalia. If you want to go off the deep end, my grandpa's name was Vermer.

Some interesting choices from the residents of rural Mississippi and Alabama. Thanks man. Yup..those are some unique names alright, LOL.

S_Tex_3A_Fan
09-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Just take the name and try to find every way possible to make fun of it. Even get your friends to play. Pick a name that is hard to make fun of, it will make your childs life a lot easier.

carter08
09-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
ive got a cousin who's name is jenna grace......

but for a boy's name ive always thought "slaid" was pretty kool

Slaid Cleaves Clanton.

luvhoops34
09-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by S_Tex_3A_Fan
Just take the name and try to find every way possible to make fun of it. Even get your friends to play. Pick a name that is hard to make fun of, it will make your childs life a lot easier.

W O R D

If it can be made fun of, shortened or in some other way screwed up, it will happen....:(

My daughters first name is Mignon, which is French for dainty or the best part. Friends didn't like it and wanted to call her "minnie", "mo", "mo-nee".

Emerson1
09-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Blue...to answer your question seriously ....Clanton
Kyle Emerson Clanton