PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale vs. Mexia

Milk That Cow
09-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Who is favored in this matchup?

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2007, 09:25 PM
JMO, but it could go either way. Rockdale is certainly capable of coming out on top. They've got my vote!

rockdale80
09-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Rockdale needs to gel. If they start to click, get healthy, and stop getting penalized, they will be ok. Hope it happens this week.

Old Tiger
09-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Rockdale needs to gel. If they start to click, get healthy, and stop getting penalized, they will be ok. Hope it happens this week. Hard to gel when they can't even figure out a starting QB or let one have enough time to get in a rythem.

rockdale80
09-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Hard to gel when they can't even figure out a starting QB or let one have enough time to get in a rythem.

Why do you care? You said last week you gave up on Rockdale. Dont you have another team to support. :thinking: :thinking:

Old Tiger
09-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Why do you care? You said last week you gave up on Rockdale. Dont you have another team to support. :thinking: :thinking: Just giving an opinion

rockdale80
09-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Just giving an opinion

Opinions from fair weather fans dont hold water 'round here son. Either you support your school, or you dont.

Old Tiger
09-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Opinions from fair weather fans dont hold water 'round here son. Either you support your school, or you dont. Sorry I'm giving my opinion on a message board which is 95% opinionated. But that is true. Neither of those QB's can get into a rythem because if they make one little bitty mistake they get taken out and the other put in. IMO that is hurting their team more than helping.

rockdale80
09-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Sorry I'm giving my opinion on a message board which is 95% opinionated. But that is true. Neither of those QB's can get into a rythem because if they make one little bitty mistake they get taken out and the other put in. IMO that is hurting their team more than helping.

I am just giving you a hard time. I havent been to a game this year so I dont know. Now that you and my brother graduated I dont have any insider scoop either. I hope they get it together. Lots of booster support, and the talent is there....atleast marginally. Soon the schemes the coaches installed will take root and grow. The coaching turmoil of the past didnt help. Big stall on the growth of the program, but they will bounce back. And if they dont, I will still support them.

Old Tiger
09-17-2007, 09:40 PM
I am just giving you a hard time. I havent been to a game this year so I dont know. Now that you and my brother graduated I dont have any insider scoop either. I hope they get it together. Lots of booster support, and the talent is there....atleast marginally. Soon the schemes the coaches installed will take root and grow. The coaching turmoil of the past didnt help. Big stall on the growth of the program, but they will bounce back. And if they dont, I will still support them. Honestly they seem SLOW! They should work on speed more than strenght this upcoming off-season.

rockdale80
09-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Honestly they seem SLOW! They should work on speed more than strenght this upcoming off-season.

Terry Pope would have fixed that. He used to run us like dogs.

Old Tiger
09-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Terry Pope would have fixed that. He used to run us like dogs. I remember Joel telling us a story of how he told some team about a guy fallin in the three hundred hurdles on the last hurdle and got up and won by the hair on his tit.....THE HAIR ON HIS TIT!

rockdale80
09-17-2007, 09:51 PM
I remember Joel telling us a story of how he told some team about a guy fallin in the three hundred hurdles on the last hurdle and got up and won by the hair on his tit.....THE HAIR ON HIS TIT!

Coming from Pope it doesnt surprise me. I could do a 50 second run and finish the quarter. Thats no joke. We didnt cramp up. And if a team was hanging around past halftime, we would turn it up a notch. It was crazy. I think I could have ran cross country.

burnet44
09-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
JMO, but it could go either way. Rockdale is certainly capable of coming out on top. They've got my vote!

7-6 somebody in a thriller

wookinpanub
09-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Rockdale 13, Mexia 9

Better days are ahead in Tigerland. Stick with the QB.

Old Tiger
09-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by wookinpanub
Rockdale 13, Mexia 9

Better days are ahead in Tigerland. Stick with the QB. which QB?

wookinpanub
09-17-2007, 10:40 PM
which QB?

Either

eagles_victory
09-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Mexia has to be the most overrated team on the region 3 section of 3adownlows district pages i dont know who picked them to win 19 3A lol

wookinpanub
09-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Mexia has to be the most overrated team on the region 3 section of 3adownlows district pages i dont know who picked them to win 19 3A lol

Weak district. It was a toss-up, I'm sure.

eagles_victory
09-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by wookinpanub
Weak district. It was a toss-up, I'm sure. not that weak

Johnny Utah
09-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Terry Pope!!! One of the best coaches ever!!! Would tell you like it is and shower you with spit at the same time, classic!!! Coached hard, never once played favorites. Great person!!! Kids really respected him, and feared him!!!

rockdale80
09-18-2007, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Terry Pope!!! One of the best coaches ever!!! Would tell you like it is and shower you with spit at the same time, classic!!! Coached hard, never once played favorites. Great person!!! Kids really respected him, and feared him!!!

I loved that guy. He made you want to work harder.

Johnny Utah
09-18-2007, 08:56 AM
I wanna be like him!!! I can still hear him yelling!!! Quick story, teachers would come and get him if athletes were sleeping in class, he walked in one day and KICKED the bottom of the desk!!! Unnamed athlete popped right up from his slumber and got to work in an instant!!! Never had any more problems with kids sleeping class!!!

rockdale80
09-18-2007, 09:02 AM
I wanna be like him!!! I can still hear him yelling!!! Quick story, teachers would come and get him if athletes were sleeping in class, he walked in one day and KICKED the bottom of the desk!!! Unnamed athlete popped right up from his slumber and got to work in an instant!!! Never had any more problems with kids sleeping class!!!

He was a coach that truly cared. Not only about the lessons on the field, but the lessons off the field. He is remarried and retired now. I remember when I sat in the front row of his government class(right in front of the podium), and I pulled out an umbrella. He was so pissed. I didnt think he would ever let me stop running. I lost a bet and had to do it as part of the bet. Pretty funny stuff.

rockdale80
09-18-2007, 09:02 AM

He was a coach that truly cared. Not only about the lessons on the field, but the lessons off the field. He is remarried and retired now. I remember when I sat in the front row of his government class(right in front of the podium), and I pulled out an umbrella. He was so pissed. I didnt think he would ever let me stop running. I lost a bet and had to do it as part of the bet. Pretty funny stuff.

Johnny Utah
09-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Now that is CLASSIC!!! You should have included a rain slicker!!! LOL!!!

rockdale80
09-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Now that is CLASSIC!!! You should have included a rain slicker!!! LOL!!!

I dont think I could have kept a straight face for that long. Actually, I dont know how I kept a straight face when I pulled out the umbrella. I didnt laugh at all though. His face was so red.

Johnny Utah
09-18-2007, 09:32 AM
I guarantee you deep down inside, HE LOVED IT!!!

rockdale80
09-18-2007, 09:40 AM
I guarantee you deep down inside, HE LOVED IT!!!

I am sure he was not laughing then, nor when I was running. So if it was deep down, it was so deep he didnt show it. I literally have never ran that much for punishment before. But atleast I can say that I did something that memorable to Terry Pope. I had to run the snake on the football field. Except he would meet me at the yard line and tell me how to cover the width and back. Back pedal, shuffle, etc. We went back and forth, up and down the field. :D

Johnny Utah
09-18-2007, 09:47 AM
You are a better person for it. Took a lot of guts to do that!!!

buff4life
09-18-2007, 11:32 PM
rockdale with the upset representing milam county neighbor to lee

Swarm 51
09-18-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm pulling for Rockdale, but have seen Mexia play. They are lacking in some areas, but have lots of speed, especially on their offensive sweep plays. If the defensive ends and corners can't match that speed, Mexia can score. They also have an "all over the field" linebacker. Number 44, I think, and he is very good.