PDA

View Full Version : All you "non-coaches"....

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Here's your chance. (Coaches can answer too. :p ) I've seen some discussion around lately from both players and adults and wondered what you consider to be the best offensive plan and why.

Do you change your offensive scheme to match the players you have at the time? Or do you find the best players to fit into the offense you always run?

JT44
09-17-2007, 07:13 PM
put your best players into the scheme you know best and tweak it to your players advantages, for football at least

for basketball,(my personal favorite) you adapt to your players skills and always preach defense,rebounding, and passing

Buckeye80
09-17-2007, 07:27 PM
In a good program, you have players adapted to your system when they are still young.
It's like a mother cheetah who teaches her young to hunt in their environment. She can't just turn them loose without teaching them and have them attacked by leopards and hyenas, so that they lay in the middle of the savannah, intestines spilling out, waiting for vultures to bring a merciful end to their suffering.

JR2004
09-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Here's your chance. (Coaches can answer too. :p ) I've seen some discussion around lately from both players and adults and wondered what you consider to be the best offensive plan and why.

Do you change your offensive scheme to match the players you have at the time? Or do you find the best players to fit into the offense you always run?

Whatever brings home a state title. :)

bobcat1
09-17-2007, 07:28 PM
You can't fit square pegs in round holes or vice versa. You have to at least tweak if not change altogether. If you have all skill kids and no size to your line you can't 3 yards and a cloud of dust 'em all night. You gotta spread it out and give the skill kids a chance. Vice versa is true. No skill kids and a huge line, ground and pound. JMHO :D

TheDOCTORdre
09-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by JT44

and always preach defense,rebounding, and passing

AMEN brotha! Preach it Glory Glory Hallelujiah! thats what im gonna do with my girls team this year

slpybear the bullfan
09-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Make your boys mean, run the Power I, and throw a screen pass on third and long.

:p

BILLYFRED0000
09-17-2007, 08:06 PM
I always believed learn to play defense. If the other team can't score your offense gets lots of opportunities to score.
See 83 Daingerfield for reference.
Or 2005 Bobcats.
803 PF 75 PA with most of the PA in garbage time resting the troops.

But you have to play with what you got not what you wish you had.

luvhoops34
09-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
AMEN brotha! Preach it Glory Glory Hallelujiah! thats what im gonna do with my girls team this year

Defense wins championships! Ask the Poth girls basketball team!:D

MarginalTalent
09-17-2007, 08:15 PM
You can't teach speed. Fit the scheme to the kids. It may be based on your philosophy, but if my kids are slow, I ain't runnin' the sweep.

Fish's mom
09-17-2007, 08:28 PM
IMHO, change plays to fit around what talent you have.Otherwise you have wasted talent and the same old boring routine game plan. Living it up alittle:)

Fal44
09-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Fit to your players, don't change your style, but simply tweak it... thats what I feel you should, but I'm only in highschool...

NDFootball
09-18-2007, 02:40 AM
In high school it's easier to mold them into your schemes, but in college and above it's better to adjust to the players. In high school you can get them to start to adjust through pee wee, junior high, and sub-varsity football.

Adidas410s
09-18-2007, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Whatever brings home a state title. :)

If only it were that easy... ;)

burnet44
09-18-2007, 07:57 AM
Its the Jimmy and Joe's
not the X's and O's