PDA

View Full Version : Canyon vs Sweetwater

PurplePride2006
09-17-2007, 04:03 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on this game??????

Sweetwater Red
09-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by PurplePride2006
What are everyone's thoughts on this game??????

Sweetwater by 1 point only because ya'll get to make the long
road trip this time.:D

sweetwater07
09-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Canyon 31
Sweetwater 14

have fun driving 4 hours...i almost died last year

PurplePride2006
09-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Should be a great game, both teams are finally starting to play well. Sweetwater looked good against Decatur, while Canyon blew out supposed #15 Seminole

MarginalTalent
09-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Canyon by 14

Snyder_TigerFan
09-17-2007, 04:13 PM
I'll take Canyon by 21, although I hear Mosley may be back this week, is that right?

Sweetwater Red
09-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by PurplePride2006
Should be a great game, both teams are finally starting to play well. Sweetwater looked good against Decatur, while Canyon blew out supposed #15 Seminole

Yeah a web site I paid $79 to subscribe to had Seminole picked
by 1 point. I wonder if I can get my money back.:thinking:

sweetwater07
09-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I'll take Canyon by 21, although I hear Mosley may be back this week, is that right?

Holsey***...hes damn good...but not much around him

Snyder_TigerFan
09-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
Holsey

I knew Mosley didn't sound right.:)

DaHop72
09-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Holsey***...hes damn good...but not much around him They didn't look too bad Saturday. It looks like they have alot of underclassmen who are learning as they go.

Sweetwater Red
09-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
They didn't look too back Saturday. It looks like they have alot of underclassmen who are learning as they go.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

sweetwater07
09-17-2007, 04:44 PM
They didn't look too bad Saturday. It looks like they have alot of underclassmen who are learning as they go.

a lot of youngins from what i've heard....looking forward to next year...will be better for sure

Chunkthepill
09-17-2007, 04:47 PM
so what is the word on holsey? will he be back for this game. heard he is a player

Sweetwater Red
09-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Chunkthepill
so what is the word on holsey? will he be back for this game. heard he is a player

A few weeks ago it said on here by a poster that he would be
back for the Canyon game. He was suited up for Decatur.

Sweetwater Red
09-17-2007, 04:52 PM
What's up with the three Decatur players I saw take off their
pads and pick up intruments at half time? I have never seen
that before.

DU_stud04
09-17-2007, 04:58 PM
They didn't look too bad Saturday. It looks like they have alot of underclassmen who are learning as they go. 33 didnt look too shabby, new kid that just moved up. rufus was looking good, that one hand interception was pretty sweet. the red head kid(i never remember his name) has good talent at running the ball but seems injure prone, both times ive seen him get the ball he goes for 15-20 yards and then gets hurt. holsey is very exciting to watch, he is a play maker. kefer(spelling?) is a good target as well as kiki wallace. o line and secondary knowledge is the biggest weaknesses for them right now. saw alot more pass attempts than i am used to, it was nice seeing the ball in the air(even though the throws were sometimes short and looked like they were shot putted out there)

DU_stud04
09-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
What's up with the three Decatur players I saw take off their
pads and pick up intruments at half time? I have never seen
that before. dont pay attention to halftime much? i see it alot, i think i counted 5-6 players for marlin that did the same. no reason a player cant do both :)

DU_stud04
09-17-2007, 05:03 PM
back for the Canyon game. He was suited up for Decatur. and did nothing more than carry the towel around and kept his leadership going from the sideline. funny comment from him when auston davis came off after losing his liquids on the field.

as they said, he will be back against canyon :)

sweetwater07
09-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
and did nothing more than carry the towel around and kept his leadership going from the sideline. funny comment from him when auston davis came off after losing his liquids on the field.

as they said, he will be back against canyon :)

he will make a difference at QB..i think keke wallace would be nice at that spot also...his bro could run a mean option attack..no reason he can't do the same..just as fast if not faster and can throw a deep bomb on the money everytime....talent we have...just experience we don't

DU_stud04
09-17-2007, 05:18 PM
he will make a difference at QB..i think keke wallace would be nice at that spot also...his bro could run a mean option attack..no reason he can't do the same..just as fast if not faster and can throw a deep bomb on the money everytime....talent we have...just experience we don't ive seen the experimentation of keke as qb.... it wasnt pretty hahahaha

sweetwater07
09-17-2007, 05:23 PM
ive seen the experimentation of keke as qb.... it wasnt pretty hahahaha

really..i've seen him throw thew ball and it was pretty....but i'm just assuming after watching his bro play qb he would be just as good...maybe i'm wrong??? haha

DU_stud04
09-17-2007, 05:26 PM
really..i've seen him throw thew ball and it was pretty....but i'm just assuming after watching his bro play qb he would be just as good...maybe i'm wrong??? haha throwing is one thing, i have an awesome arm, but im no qb, takes much more than that.

expecially when you a wishbone/option qb.

Stangs325
09-17-2007, 09:31 PM
back for the Canyon game. He was suited up for Decatur.

he had a Dr.'s app. this morning and he is cleared to go. so its up to the coaches. so holsey should be back friday night for canyon. but in my opinion he is needed more on defense than offence. and as far as SWEETWATER07..have you not seen the past 3 games?? and did you not see the scrimmages??

sweetwater07
09-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Stangs325
he had a Dr.'s app. this morning and he is cleared to go. so its up to the coaches. so holsey should be back friday night for canyon. but in my opinion he is needed more on defense than offence. and as far as SWEETWATER07..have you not seen the past 3 games?? and did you not see the scrimmages??

i haven't made it to any of the games or scrimmages why do you ask??

with the youngins making most of the team...i'm looking for them to be a lot better next year...once the guys get comfortable with each other and they are all seniors..watch out...

Stangs325
09-17-2007, 10:09 PM
i haven't made it to any of the games or scrimmages why do you ask??

with the youngins making most of the team...i'm looking for them to be a lot better next year...once the guys get comfortable with each other and they are all seniors..watch out...

i ask because of the comment you made about keke wallace but because you just said you havent been i can see why you said that. and i definitly i agree that they wil be very strong next year and i think they will make a deep playoff run

sweetwater07
09-17-2007, 10:22 PM
i ask because of the comment you made about keke wallace but because you just said you havent been i can see why you said that. and i definitly i agree that they wil be very strong next year and i think they will make a deep playoff run

i have been hearing that he is a skilled player....is he not??...i might make it home for homecoming..but its doubtful

unless theres a party..:D

Mustangpride09
09-17-2007, 10:42 PM
i have been hearing that he is a skilled player....is he not??...i might make it home for homecoming..but its doubtful

unless theres a party..:D

I hear ya on that one.

Mustangpride09
09-17-2007, 11:25 PM
The way I see it on this game is, Canyon has to drive way too far, plus they wont have that much fan support, and when you dont have that much fan support in the bowl, its a pretty intimidating atmosphere to see and hear. Sweetwater by 2-3 TD's.

sweetwater07
09-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
The way I see it on this game is, Canyon has to drive way too far, plus they wont have that much fan support, and when you dont have that much fan support in the bowl, its a pretty intimidating atmosphere to see and hear. Sweetwater by 2-3 TD's.

idk about all that

Stownhorse
09-17-2007, 11:43 PM
idk about all that

I do... Very rarely do we lose in the bowl....knock on wood

sweetwater07
09-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
I do... Very rarely do we lose in the bowl....knock on wood

lol...yeah i better...Canyon any good this year?

Stownhorse
09-18-2007, 12:09 AM
They always put up a fight.

NDFootball
09-18-2007, 02:59 AM
It will be a close game but I'm going to pick Sweetwater

Don't ask me why it's just a guy feeling...I thought Canyon would struggle with that QB gone but I was wrong. This should be interesting to see where both teams really are.

football4life
09-18-2007, 07:56 AM
canyon struggled a little bit early on from the bits and pieces i have seen of the first 3 games, but from what i heard about this past saturday, sweetwater will have their hands more than full on defense. church has all kinds of yards throwing the ball, and there is tons of big play ability at receiver as usual. if the defense can control the ground game a bit, canyon should win this one as long as they stay turnover free.

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2007, 08:28 AM
dont pay attention to halftime much? i see it alot, i think i counted 5-6 players for marlin that did the same. no reason a player cant do both :)

When I was in school football and band were both full time
extra-curricular activities. If those kids are able to do both and
get the grades hats off to them. I'm impressed. I didn't know
any schools would let you do both.

Black_Magic
09-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Its good to see that there are still sweetwater fans around the downlow. they were non existent with only a couple of people posting until this week. Wonder what changed:thinking: :clap:

DU_stud04
09-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Its good to see that there are still sweetwater fans around the downlow. they were non existent with only a couple of people posting until this week. Wonder what changed:thinking: :clap: sweetwater won. hahaha

for being a saturday game this past weekend, i expected to see a big crowd on home side, fans showed up after kickoff, the student section was almost non existant....idk, id like to think sweetwater fans were better than that and followed the team through thick and thin.

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Its good to see that there are still sweetwater fans around the downlow. they were non existent with only a couple of people posting until this week. Wonder what changed:thinking: :clap:

Then you have someone from Snyder that was hardly posting for
the first couple of weeks....then Snyder's defense finally shows
up....wonder what changed????:thinking:

Black_Magic
09-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Then you have someone from Snyder that was hardly posting for
the first couple of weeks....then Snyder's defense finally shows
up....wonder what changed????:thinking: dont think anyone has come out of the wood work who had not posted before. Same old snyder folks posting. But Now all of a sudden you have sweetwater folks comming Alive. thats good. but I have a feeling it ends this week. enjoy ;)

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2007, 12:08 PM
But Now all of a sudden you have sweetwater folks comming Alive. thats good.

I the words of Brad Pitt to James Gandolfini in True Romance.

"Don't condescend me man...."

sectionCwannabe
09-18-2007, 01:53 PM
yes Canyon is good....... they have the skill and talent to beat the Mustangs, the key to this win is shutting down Canyons recievers. if the Mustang secondary can do this a make a few picks, that will swing the game to the Mustang side, if the Eagles recievers beat the Mustangs secondary, it could be a long night for the mustangs. Canyon has a awesome recieving core. I look for Holsey's best plays to come on defense, the defense will need his leadership on that side of the ball more than on O on this Friday night.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by sectionCwannabe
yes Canyon is good....... they have the skill and talent to beat the Mustangs, the key to this win is shutting down Canyons recievers. if the Mustang secondary can do this a make a few picks, that will swing the game to the Mustang side, if the Eagles recievers beat the Mustangs secondary, it could be a long night for the mustangs. Canyon has a awesome recieving core. I look for Holsey's best plays to come on defense, the defense will need his leadership on that side of the ball more than on O on this Friday night.

If the secondary is the key for shutting down Canyon, it doesn't look good for Sweetwater - they've given up 406, 167 and 216 yards of passing in the prior 3 games. Can one kid (Hosley) make that big of a difference?

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2007, 02:03 PM
If the secondary is the key for shutting down Canyon, it doesn't look good for Sweetwater - they've given up 406, 167 and 216 yards of passing in the prior 3 games. Can one kid (Hosley) make that big of a difference?

A kid who started at FS last year vs. a sophomore playing in his
fourth varsity game?:thinking:

DaHop72
09-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Heck, after the 1st quarter I thought the Mustangs played pretty good overall defense. You sure can't blame them for the last touchdown.

sectionCwannabe
09-18-2007, 02:11 PM

well the Dline and Lbackers will need a few sacks! pressure on the QB could swing the game if the Dline can get to him, Canyon runs the spread. A weak secondary is not good vs the eagles. those numbers scare me.

DU_stud04
09-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by sectionCwannabe
well the Dline and Lbackers will need a few sacks! pressure on the QB could swing the game if the Dline can get to him, Canyon runs the spread. A weak secondary is not good vs the eagles. those numbers scare me. puttin pressure would mean bringing more than the front three, and if they played like last week, it looks like canyon will have all day to throw the ball.

Ranger Mom
09-18-2007, 02:18 PM
When I was in school football and band were both full time
extra-curricular activities. If those kids are able to do both and
get the grades hats off to them. I'm impressed. I didn't know
any schools would let you do both.

You need to get out more!! :) For the past few years Greenwood has had several starters that also played in the band.

Granted, they didn't play at halftime, but they excelled in band AND football!

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2007, 02:28 PM
puttin pressure would mean bringing more than the front three, and if they played like last week, it looks like canyon will have all day to throw the ball.

Talk about two people seeing the game from two different
perspectives. I saw Josh Trant continually get dropped at or
behind the line of scrimmage. I saw the QB get sacked and
hurried on several plays. You saw us playing the prevent
defense the whole game.:thinking:

its_n_D_water
09-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Sweetwater in a close one

Mustangpride09
09-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09

:-)

Mustangpride09
09-22-2007, 12:49 AM

Just for the record BTW, Holsey had 3 TD's in the first QUARTER. So, yeah, pretty big difference id say.

Stangs325
09-22-2007, 01:26 AM
any ideas on why sweetwater secondary looked so strong tonight?? did they make any changes?? cause from what i saw in wichita falls and brownood i didnt know how wed stack up to canyons passing attack. but they stepped up and got the job done. and thomas holsey had a great game. or should i say half since the mustangs did put up 47 in the first half

STANG RED
09-22-2007, 09:03 AM
any ideas on why sweetwater secondary looked so strong tonight?? did they make any changes?? cause from what i saw in wichita falls and brownood i didnt know how wed stack up to canyons passing attack. but they stepped up and got the job done. and thomas holsey had a great game. or should i say half since the mustangs did put up 47 in the first half

Sweetwater had only 3 downlinemen on D all night. 2 LB's would be in coverage many times, or blitzing the QB (7 sacks). With as many as 8 people in coverage much of the time, Swater took away all medium and deep passes and was gang tackeling on the little dinks and dunks. It was a very impressive defensive sceam I thought. If canyon would just develop a decent running game you couldnt get away with that type D. In fact they did start running the ball more in the second 1/2, and it was somewhat effective. But by then they were so deep in a whole they couldn't stick with it. I will never understand why some coaches cant see the value of a balanced offensive attack.
The Mustangs were very impressive last night. If Jackson hadn't called off the dogs at 1/2, this game could have gotten much uglier than it did for Canyon.
Great game Mustangs!