PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Next Year?

sinfan75
12-08-2002, 03:22 PM
Who will be the players to look for next year?Will they be a senior laden ball club again or will there be several underclassmen stepping in?

District303aPastPlayer
12-08-2002, 06:26 PM
From what i can tell, Trujillo will be the QB, and Franco will be the go to guy in the backfield. The flaw i see in Franco is he doesnt tuck the ball, technique in the Sinton Varsity squad will change that. THe Line should be mostly underclassmen.

Sinton_Playa 70
12-10-2002, 08:50 PM
Look for Travis Franco to play a big role in the our Sinton offense...the quarterback position is not really for sure, Matt Trujillo and P.J. Salone are the candidates for that position. You have other backs that can certainly back up Franco when needed to such as Rudy Reyna, Matt Bess, and Martin Mares. The O Line looks to be mainly juniors except for Ben Lamb. Key targets for the quarterback look to be Andrew Villareal, Clint Threadgill if he goes both ways, Marshall Kastner, Jordan Lamb and Franco when coming out of the backfield. Key defensive players look to be Clint Threadgill at inside linebacker, Andrew Villareal at safety, P.J. Salone at outside linebacker, James Villareal as the protege to Curt Jones, Rudy Hernandez and Danny Coy at the defensive tackles. Cornerbacks look to be Tomas Ortiz and Marshall Kastner. Next year you will be seeing alot of players going both ways and alot of players stepping up to do what they can to help the team. It's hard to replace a senior laden varsity team as this past year was. I think that we can get the job done. Look for us in the State Playoffs because we are coming back!!

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!!

sinton66
12-10-2002, 09:45 PM
There's something about your attitude that I LIKE!

turbostud
12-11-2002, 07:49 AM
Whats up Sinton Fans, I had the privledge of seeing the Sinton vs. La Feria area game in Weslaco. I must say that Sinton is one class act. Not once did I hear any booing or stuff like that. You guys have great community support. I think ya'll had more fans than La Feria and La Feria is only 10 miles from Weslaco. My brother inlaw is a Weslaco ISD employee so we got to watch the game from the Sinton sideline. Who is the guy that ran in a 60+ yard touchdown right down the Sinton sideline? If I remember right I think he was #11. That guy is a player. It looked like he tiptoed the whole way in front of the Sinton bench making defenders miss. After seeing that game I thought there was no way ya'll would be beaten. Good luck next year and I hope I can see ya'll whoop up on another Valley team.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-11-2002, 01:11 PM
Except Port Isabel, of course. :D

turbostud
12-11-2002, 01:29 PM
Sorry TarponFanin, of course not P.I. I will be on the P.I. bandwagon next year. Ya'll are in a different division anyway. Is P.I. going to play Sinton next year. That would be a game to see.

Sinton_Playa 70
12-11-2002, 06:59 PM
Unfortunately Port Isabel is not playing us next year, but yes that would be an awesome game. Yes, you were right it was #11 that ran that 60 yard touchdown and his name is Bubba Heard. He graduates this year unfortunately, but we'll be back don't worry. It may not seem like it to some people but I can guarantee that we will be back where we know we can be...and that is District Champions and back in the State Playoffs.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!!

sntnpirate1316
12-11-2002, 07:05 PM
well be up there
dont worry
yeah bubba heard is kind of fast...
he can run his 400 in 49.4....kinda fast :)