PDA

View Full Version : NBA reinstates Joey Crawford

luvhoops34
09-17-2007, 02:55 PM
NBA reinstates suspended referee Joey Crawford

September 17, 2007
NEW YORK (TICKER) -- The NBA on Monday reinstated referee Joey Crawford, who had been suspended indefinitely by the league this past spring.

Monday's announcement came exactly five months after Crawford was suspended for his "improper conduct and lack of professionalism" during a game between the San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks on April 15.

In the contest, Crawford assessed two technical fouls on Spurs superstar center Tim Duncan during a 76-second span of the third quarter.

NBA commissioner David Stern lowered the boom on Crawford two days later, suspending the 31-year veteran for the remainder of the season - including the NBA Playoffs and Finals.

However, Stern said in a statement Monday that Crawford is ready to return to the game.

"Based on my meeting with Joey Crawford, his commitment to an ongoing counseling program and a favorable professional evaluation that was performed at my direction, I am satisfied that Joey understands the standards of game management and professionalism the NBA expects from him and that he will be able to conduct himself in accordance with those standards," Stern said.

During his stellar career, Crawford's 266 playoff and 38 Finals games are the most among active officials. He also is one five officials to have worked at least 2,000 regular-season games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txcrawfordreinstated&prov=st&type=lgns

Updated on Monday, Sep 17, 2007 2:19 pm, EDT

Sweetwater Red
09-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Obviously he won't be officiating any Spurs games I would think.

JR2004
09-17-2007, 03:12 PM
And once again that arrogant idiot of a commissioner has screwed up. This guy should NEVER referee another NBA game EVER. Not a Spurs game or any other game for that matter.

Sweetwater Red
09-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
And once again that arrogant idiot of a commissioner has screwed up. This guy should NEVER referee another NBA game EVER. Not a Spurs game or any other game for that matter.

I think it will be funny if he gets linked to the point shaving
official. Talk about egg on Stern's face.

burnet44
09-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
This guy should NEVER referee another NBA game EVER.

I agree

luvhoops34
09-17-2007, 03:20 PM
I hope he doesn't officiate any more Spurs games. I don't see how he could possibly be un-biased.:(

Butkus
09-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I hope he doesn't officiate any more Spurs games. I don't see how he could possibly be un-biased.:( Sounds like 2 or 3 posters on this board lately.:rolleyes:

luvhoops34
09-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Sounds like 2 or 3 posters on this board lately.:rolleyes:

I didn't think being un-biased was a requirement for posters, just for mods...:D

Butkus
09-17-2007, 03:53 PM
I didn't think being un-biased was a requirement for posters, just for mods...:D Like i wuz sayin refer to above post. :rolleyes:

luvhoops34
09-17-2007, 03:56 PM
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/cow.gif

Butkus
09-17-2007, 04:00 PM
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/cow.gif Picture of ya self.:devil:

Old Tiger
09-17-2007, 04:02 PM
I think after this whole referee scandal is done with he will be looking to hire a whole new crop of referee's

Phil C
09-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Come on everyone!

FORGIVE AND FORGET!!

:mad:

zebrablue2
09-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Come on everyone!

FORGIVE AND FORGET!!

:mad:

crawford is by far a very good official, but age and a BAD temper seem to have caught up with the old boy. if I were him, I would retire. if he does come back, he will get boo's by the thousands. he must realize, people come to the games to see the players, not the officials. do yourself a favor joey, retire with only a little egg on your face.

luvhoops34
09-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
crawford is by far a very good official, but age and a BAD temper seem to have caught up with the old boy. if I were him, I would retire. if he does come back, he will get boo's by the thousands. he must realize, people come to the games to see the players, not the officials. do yourself a favor joey, retire with only a little egg on your face.

WORD