PDA

View Full Version : Anybody seen Superbad?

JT44
09-17-2007, 11:42 AM
I though it was hilarious......I'm 28, and I thought that it was still a little far fetched for high schoolers.

It was supposed to be semi-autobiographical, the two cops are the writers

briefcase
09-17-2007, 12:17 PM
i thought it was hilarious as well.

Txbroadcaster
09-17-2007, 12:20 PM
I thought it had its moments, plenty of good one liners

BUT it was not as good as I thought it would be...I am a huge Apatow and Rogen fan, but this movie IMO did not redefine the teen comedy as some had said

Most of the plot was retreaded from plenty of other Teen movies

the I want to get some before college has been done many many times, as has the Got to get to the last big party of our senior year

What saved the movie was the actors and how funny they were, but overall this movie IMO is not close to 40 year old and Knocked Up in terms of pure classic funny movie

BILLYFRED0000
09-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Yeah UT against UCF this week.

JT44
09-17-2007, 12:27 PM
I thought McLovin stole the movie....he was great

I will agree, it was supposed to be the next American Pie or better, it was just as good as AP, the shock about the same

burnet44
09-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Yeah UT against UCF this week.

No Miochigone vs Nothing Dame

necks_c/09
09-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Just look at the sig

Emerson1
09-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I thought it had its moments, plenty of good one liners

BUT it was not as good as I thought it would be...I am a huge Apatow and Rogen fan, but this movie IMO did not redefine the teen comedy as some had said

Most of the plot was retreaded from plenty of other Teen movies

the I want to get some before college has been done many many times, as has the Got to get to the last big party of our senior year

What saved the movie was the actors and how funny they were, but overall this movie IMO is not close to 40 year old and Knocked Up in terms of pure classic funny movie
I thought it was better then Knocked Up, but both movies were WAY overhyped. Neither were the funniest movie ever like I saw people saying.

eagles_victory
09-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I thought it was better then Knocked Up, but both movies were WAY overhyped. Neither were the funniest movie ever like I saw people saying. i thought knocked up was way overrated but i havent seen superbad yet

carter08
09-17-2007, 05:40 PM
I really really really really liked Superbad

Pmoney
09-17-2007, 06:56 PM
i thought it was hilarious one of the funnier movies ive seen in awhile...i also liked Knocked Up(getting it on the 25th)

Txbroadcaster
09-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
i thought it was hilarious one of the funnier movies ive seen in awhile...i also liked Knocked Up(getting it on the 25th)

Wow did not know u planned to get knocked up on 25th..and did not know ur a woman..but congrates on impending baby:D

Pmoney
09-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Wow did not know u planned to get knocked up on 25th..and did not know ur a woman..but congrates on impending baby:D
haha your hilarious:mad:....good joke though

rockdale80
09-17-2007, 09:24 PM
watched it right here.

MOVIE LINKS (http://www.tv-links.co.uk/)

NDFootball
09-18-2007, 02:56 AM
Superbad pretty much made my year when I saw that movie...it really is going to be a classic along with Knocked Up IMO. When it comes down to it though...I think Superbad beats it.

KingRob
09-24-2007, 05:04 AM
My 17 year old actually went to the movies with me last night. The movie theater here in town plays a few English speaking movies a week, and SuperBad just arrived. I thought it was really good. My son was laughing a lot, and we enjoyed ourselves. I think the short scenes when Seth wants to steal booze were hilarious. The little old lady telling him to have fun later, and the security guard slicing his throat with the broken bottle.

We enjoyed it!

I Love you. I Love you. When you went away to Easter camp, I missed you! I Love you! Why don't we say it more often?:D

Old Tiger
09-24-2007, 06:24 AM
"We could be blood brothers"