PDA

View Full Version : Finally

burnet44
09-17-2007, 10:56 AM
http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/09/ojarrested.jpg

lol

luvhoops34
09-17-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm confused, I don't understand why he was arrested. I'm not upset about it now mind you...:D

burnet44
09-17-2007, 11:01 AM
from Deadspin

Like most people, we took a certain satisfaction in watching O.J. Simpson taken away in handcuffs yesterday after being arrested for armed robbery , assault, burglary and conspiracy. We never even had the satisfaction of seeing him carted off when he was arrested the first time, before we knew he was guilty (or before, say, he wrote a book about it), so this one had a nice kick to it. It was like watching the bully who terrorized you in high school and gotten away with it get his comeuppance, if that bully had sliced two people to death.

We weren't sure how tightly these charges were going to stick ... until we heard that TMZ audio this morning, which is pretty amazing. We also wonder if the Las Vegas police are getting the same sense of satisfaction that we are; we also are stunned that Simpson, facing serious charges, delivers a "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" line like he gave the Los Angeles Times. We really shouldn't be surprised O.J. is in trouble again. As we showed you in his pay-per-view video a while back, he's been reckless and flippant for years -- certainly not a man who has been humbled. These charges might not hold, but it speaks strongly to how despised this man is, to this day, that we revel in seeing him taken away, justice served, if just for a few hours.

88bobcats
09-17-2007, 12:56 PM
How different he is than when he was running through airports in commercials.

Man, that cocaine will do some bad stuff to the brain.....

Bull Butter
09-17-2007, 02:09 PM
Is that Simon from "American Idol" with him?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/09/ojarrested.jpg

lol

I'll be saying the same thing when you become a read-only member.

burnet44
09-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Is that Simon from "American Idol" with him?

no thats Joey from Full House

zebrablue2
09-17-2007, 02:47 PM
OJ seems to have a smile on his face, maybe thinking they got me again, for the short term.

Sweetwater Red
09-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
OJ seems to have a smile on his face, maybe thinking they got me again, for the short term.

Actually he's probably thinking "I wonder if my jury panel will
be composed of the twelve stupidest people on the planet again?":thinking:

luvhoops34
09-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Actually he's probably thinking "I wonder if my jury panel will
be composed of the twelve stupidest people on the planet again?":thinking:

Remember, there ARE actually people out there who still believe that OJ is innocent.:doh:

Bull Butter
09-17-2007, 03:24 PM
And that the world is flat

burnet44
09-17-2007, 03:30 PM
and the Sun revolves around the Earth.

luvhoops34
09-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

Have more time to post since your on the practice only squad?:D

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-17-2007, 09:37 PM

HAHA

Old Tiger
09-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Have more time to post since your on the practice only squad?:D Nobody wants you here.

DaHop72
09-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Have more time to post since your on the practice only squad?:D :rolleyes: Wow, a young man aspires to continue a dream and work hard to try and accomplish it and you post this. Sure there is a smilie beside it, but that doesn't take away from the message of the reply.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-18-2007, 08:35 AM

I find it sad when a grown man can't defend himself and you have to play mom for him. Yes, I'm on the practice squad, but that's what I do and I'm not ashamed of that. I have no problem telling anyone that I am a walk-on who doesn't play and plays scout defense, but when Yemi or Cody or Stephen or any of the guys who play offense thank me for their win that says something for what I do. Everyone starts somewhere, and at least I have the tenacity to live my dream, even if that means starting at the very bottom and working my way up. There are literally thousands of guys on this campus alone who would die to be doing what I do, and I'm damn proud of myself and I'm not going to stop where I'm at, either.

rockdale80
09-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:rolleyes: Wow, a young man aspires to continue a dream and work hard to try and accomplish it and you post this. Sure there is a smilie beside it, but that doesn't take away from the message of the reply.

Why should she be accountable for what she says? It only matters if someone take a stab at her or B44. Not when she does it to someone else. She will even try to run down a family because their son has the common sense to ask for respect in return for giving respect. Its actually pretty lame. I am sure once I post this though, she will start whining to a mod and have it erased as usual. Guess someone that takes stabs like her and B44 dont have the thick skin they should. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:rolleyes: Wow, a young man aspires to continue a dream and work hard to try and accomplish it and you post this. Sure there is a smilie beside it, but that doesn't take away from the message of the reply.

Thanks Hops, you're the man. :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
09-18-2007, 08:55 AM

WOW!! That was harsh!!

To Gary......I am extremely proud of you!!!

pirate4state
09-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Yes, I'm on the practice squad, but that's what I do and I'm not ashamed of that. I have no problem telling anyone that I am a walk-on who doesn't play and plays scout defense, but when Yemi or Cody or Stephen or any of the guys who play offense thank me for their win that says something for what I do. Everyone starts somewhere, and at least I have the tenacity to live my dream, even if that means starting at the very bottom and working my way up. There are literally thousands of guys on this campus alone who would die to be doing what I do, and I'm damn proud of myself and I'm not going to stop where I'm at, either.

You keep on keeping on Gary!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

AP Panther Fan
09-18-2007, 09:16 AM

Extremely harsh!:dispntd:

I don't think I would be looking for any pardons when he becomes President.

pirate4state
09-18-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I don't think I would be looking for any pardons when he becomes President.

ROFL! I completely forgot about that!! :doh:

burnet44
09-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
How different he is than when he was running through airports in commercials.

He was also on USC's relay teams
he was a good track runner

DaHop72
09-18-2007, 10:08 AM
He also was a "cough" actor.:D

burnet44
09-18-2007, 10:49 AM
At USC he teamed up wih...

Earl McCullouch...world class hurdler/Detroit Lions receiver
Fred Kuller...held the JC 100yd record at 9.3
Lennox Miller...(Jamaica)..two time Olympic 100m medalist (68/72)

...they would set a WR in the 4x1. So Simpson was a WR holder in a track event. In case you're wondering, he ran a 9.4.

That SF City team was the fastest in the state and O.J.wasn't the star. That was a cat named Byron Stone.

World Record

4 X 110 Relay (yards)
38.6 USC 17 Jun 1967 Provo
(McCullough, Kuller, Simpson, Miller)

NCAA Champions

4 X 100 RELAY
1967 E. McCullough, F. Kuller, 38.6y
O.J. Simpson, L. Miller

1968 E. McCullough, F. Kuller, 39.5y
O.J. Simpson, L. Miller

burnet44
09-18-2007, 10:52 AM