PDA

View Full Version : GJ Kinne

PlayaJBiehl20
09-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Do yall think he'll ever get a shot, with harris and chiles in front of him?

coach
09-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20

If colt keeps playing like he is gj might play this year

neck_06
09-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by coach
If colt keeps playing like he is gj might play this year

ya right

DU_stud04
09-17-2007, 09:35 AM
i dont think gj is ready just yet, give him another year or so and i see him a very good candidate for the starting spot.

coach
09-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
ya right

i was only kidding

Adidas410s
09-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i dont think gj is ready just yet, give him another year or so and i see him a very good candidate for the starting spot.

Not if they stick to the same offensive system they're using now. They want to keep the spread option look...but without a mobile QB it loses it's effectiveness. Yes it worked with VY...but now you either have to go with Harris/Chiles or change up the system to fit the spread passing attack that is better suited to McCoy.

waterboy
09-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Not if they stick to the same offensive system they're using now. They want to keep the spread option look...but without a mobile QB it loses it's effectiveness. Yes it worked with VY...but now you either have to go with Harris/Chiles or change up the system to fit the spread passing attack that is better suited to McCoy.
I think G.J. Kinne would be good under the present system at UT. He is very mobile and played out of the spread at Canton and Gilmer. Although he is a better passer than runner, I think he would also be a double threat. I watched G.J. play at Gilmer for 11 games and he never ran much, but when he did he was alot quicker than I thought. He actually runs a 4.6 in the 40. His passing is awesome....he makes good decisions. He had 48 touchdown passes (I think) and only 1 interception (his first pass attempt as a Buckeye) in 11 games his senior season. So I think he COULD make the transition if given the opportunity.

Old Tiger
09-17-2007, 05:08 PM
I doubt it. I think he made the wrong decision to not go to Baylor.

eagles_victory
09-17-2007, 05:22 PM
is he not redshirted this year?

buff4life
09-17-2007, 06:34 PM
yea i thought he was redshirted this year..when is harris getting healthy?...i think they should redshirt chiles also...

sahen
09-17-2007, 06:47 PM
If Kinne was really worried about playing he wouldve went to Baylor where he wouldve started for 4 years....we will see what happens at UT but I would be shocked if he played QB for the Horns, I think they will try to turn him into a linebacker before its over....

Txbroadcaster
09-17-2007, 06:47 PM
I think because he was not asked to run as much at Gilmer that people forget that Kinne runs like a 4.4

Rushed for over 1,000 yards twice at Canton

KTA
09-17-2007, 08:04 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Txbroadcaster
09-17-2007, 10:31 PM

Again though Kinne COULD be the mobile Qb..no, not VY, but he has some wheels and finished with like 2500 career rushing yards

westcoast54
09-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Jiles will be the starter sooner rather than later. Think Brown is very high on him. He's also better than Mccoy.

waterboy
09-18-2007, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I doubt it. I think he made the wrong decision to not go to Baylor.
I'll have to agree with that. He would've had a much better chance to play at Baylor.

Adidas410s
09-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
yea i thought he was redshirted this year..when is harris getting healthy?...i think they should redshirt chiles also...

If they redshirt Chiles...and Kinne...and Harris is hurt...who is the backup QB??? :doh:

PlayaJBiehl20
09-18-2007, 09:32 AM
If they redshirt Chiles...and Kinne...and Harris is hurt...who is the backup QB??? :doh:

MAJOR APPLEWHITE!!

redfish961
09-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20

Yeah, as chief clipboard holder. If he's really good, they may put him in charge of the Sharpies, as well.

Old Tiger
09-18-2007, 02:42 PM
If they redshirt Chiles...and Kinne...and Harris is hurt...who is the backup QB??? :doh: Chiles is the backup now but he has yet to see the field so he can still redshirt. I heard that Harris is healthy and will be back against rice.

texasjeremy
09-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Just imagine what he could do starting 4 years running the "Bear Raid" Offense. He would have had the opportunity to break most NCAA career passing records.

Old Tiger
09-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Just imagine what he could do starting 4 years running the "Bear Raid" Offense. He would have had the opportunity to break most NCAA career passing records. He wouldn't break any of Colt Brennan's

sweetwater07
09-18-2007, 04:51 PM
He wouldn't break any of Colt Brennan's

dang your all about this Colt Brennan...he sucks..haha

Old Tiger
09-18-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
dang your all about this Colt Brennan...he sucks..haha You're crazy

buff4life
09-18-2007, 07:52 PM
You're crazy

product of the system...

PlayaJBiehl20
09-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
product of the system...

Colt Brennan is another Kliff Kingsbury, but at least Kliff was in the Big-12, not the wac, if colt Brennan is so good then he'll do well in the NFL, he'll be another, Kliff, Sonny, and whatever his name was that was at hawaii before colt

JR2004
09-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Just imagine what he could do starting 4 years running the "Bear Raid" Offense.

He could've been the QB that would've taken them from laughingstock to mediocre. I'm sure he regrets not going to Baylor everyday for that very reason.

28OptionOn2
09-19-2007, 08:21 AM

How many times have the 'Horns ran a designed QB run with McCoy? As I said on another threatd, I'm willing to bet you could count the number of times on one hand that Greg Davis called a designed run for McCoy. I'm sure they really want to do that considering they don't have a 2nd QB with any game experience. The offense the 'Horns are running now does not revolve around a running QB. They're running more of a West Coast type offense except they are putting McCoy in the shotgun formation more so than a true west coast offense normally would. Just because they line up in the shotgun doesn't mean that they're running the zone read, or as you put it, "the spread option look."