PDA

View Full Version : Snyder Folks

Matthew328
09-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Nice to meet some of ya, I think I may have run into SnyderTigersRule

Good lord that town has a lot of good looking ladies...I need to find a way to come up there and cover a game!

DaHop72
09-16-2007, 09:53 PM
It was nice to have met you as well Matt. Come up our way sometime and see us.

Matthew328
09-16-2007, 10:46 PM
I may have to do that...especially if I can snag me a single lady while up there...LOL LOL

Whatever they put in the water in Snyder is working

Snyder_TigerFan
09-17-2007, 08:17 AM
I'm curious as to what Matthew328 and G2 thought about Snyder.

Gsquared
09-17-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I'm curious as to what Matthew328 and G2 thought about Snyder.
I think Snyder looked really solid on both sides of the ball.

SUPERMANN5107
09-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Offense stalled but came alive in the second half...the defense is still missing alot of tackles though.

One thing I loved seeing was all of the Marlin players getting up a little slower after every hit. Physical play has been a Snyder trademark over the past couple of years and thats something they should really take pride in.

TripleH
09-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Well, looks like there were changes in the defense from the Monahans game to Saturday. It appears the defense was faster and wanting to hit someone instead of letting them go by and trying to grab them from behind and then trying to chase them down when that happened. Team speed for this game was nothing short of phenomenal. both times that Marlin broke big plays that would have been touchdowns early in the year were only long runs that were chased down and allowed the defense to regroup and cause the Marlin offense to stall. Great defensive stand at the end of the half that could have swung the entire contest.

Offensively the Tigers need to fully understand that teams are going to gear up more and more to stop Will Clay. I know that Marlin did just that and even though it only slowed him down I don't think that he can stand up to that kind of beating for a full year. Every time the ball was pitched or motion went his way the Marlin defense pursued hard that way. It would seem that some kind of counter, reverse or play action of off a fake hand off would gain big yards and make the defense play a little more honest.

Good overall game by the Tigers and more of the team that experts had ranked highly at the first of the year.

Kudos to the coaching staff for the continuing changes and not just sitting back and hoping that things will fix themselves.

Gsquared
09-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by SUPERMANN5107
Offense stalled but came alive in the second half...the defense is still missing alot of tackles though.

One thing I loved seeing was all of the Marlin players getting up a little slower after every hit. Physical play has been a Snyder trademark over the past couple of years and thats something they should really take pride in.
Marlin was getting up slow mostly because of most of them playing both ways. They got worn out and worn down in the second half.

Fotbol
09-18-2007, 08:17 AM
6 1/2 hour drive 5 to a room @ 130.00 a pop, hell I would've gotten up slowly also! I say we play some local talent around Centex next realignment, traveling to Brownwood, and Sweetwater is out the question, I understand the Ennis Games, but Snyder, :confused: