PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys flog the Dolphins

Pudlugger
09-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Big win for the 'Boys. :D

Cameron Crazy
09-16-2007, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't say big, they played well though. This wasn't a huge game for them to win.

Pudlugger
09-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Flogged none the less:D

Old Tiger
09-16-2007, 07:42 PM
a 17 point win is a big win :D

Especially against a defense like Miami.

3afan
09-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Romo was very good today - not great numbers but very good!

Angeleyes
09-16-2007, 08:09 PM
i just got my slurpee and was driving home and as soon as i took a drink of my slurpee i read the title of the thread. . . im cleaning my windows in my car now. Lmao. . .i needed a good laugh, thanks:D

Sportsman
09-16-2007, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't say the cowboys are playing great football, but the are playing well enough to win. I still don't think they are clicking on all 8 cylinders just yet. Let's see how they are doing in 4-6 more games and see how well they are doing through the first half of the season.

Keep on rolling Coyboys.

sinton66
09-16-2007, 08:40 PM
The "Boys defense is lagging behind, but they do have starters out. They looked better in this game. 2 picks and almost a third by the same guy.

BILLYFRED0000
09-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
I wouldn't say big, they played well though. This wasn't a huge game for them to win.

I agree. They did what they were supposed to do. Beat an inferior team on their home turf. Miami lacks a little in the offense department. Their Defense is very good however and can keep them in games. But in the end the D wears down and the O has to make some plays. Postive ones preferably.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-16-2007, 10:18 PM
In the NFL, its JUST WIN that counts.

Did Aaron Glenn play bad in preseason to get cut or was it just to be younger in the secondary?

Txbroadcaster
09-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin

Did Aaron Glenn play bad in preseason to get cut or was it just to be younger in the secondary?

It was a situation that they did not feel Glenn was playing well enough compared to Reeves, or Jones to pay him the amount they were paying him when they could save cap room and let the younger players play

NDFootball
09-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin

From DallasCowboys.com

"Phillips would not say why, basically pointing out the criteria for keeping players by saying you judge guys by "if they can start, next if we think they will be an eventual starter, next would be a special teams value and also whether he has a special thing he can do - play nickel, nickel rusher, third-down receiver, all those things. There is a lot of criteria."

So cryptically, Phillips is saying, since Newman is considered the starter, and he's still holding out hope of T-New being ready for the opener, and if not then likely for the second game, Glenn is not a starter. Didn't sound as if he considered him an emergency starter and obviously not a potential starter down the line. And since he's not a special teams player, basically the Cowboys would be paying $1.7 million for a nickel back, a guy who might play 35 percent of the snaps.

That, they deemed, was too high a price to pay for what they would be getting. "

TheDOCTORdre
09-17-2007, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy

it is a big win because without this win, the hope of an undefeated Super Bowl season is lost