PDA

View Full Version : Michael Crabtree

JR2004
09-16-2007, 02:49 PM
38 Catches
538 Yards
8 Touchdowns
179.3 Yards Per Game

While he isn't going to keep this ridiculous pace up, if those numbers projected over 12 regular season games he'd have 152 catches for 2152 yards and 32 touchdowns. Now obviously he won't come anywhere close to that(just one of those fun things to project), but it's not out of the realm of possibility that a kid as talented as this is going to have somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 catches for 1500 yards and 16 touchdowns by the end of the regular season.

In my opinion, he's the best player right now on any of the college teams in Texas and might be the best wide receiver in the nation by season's end. I'm glad to see a former David W. Carter Cowboy playing as good as he has thus far. You just don't see receivers as big as Crabtree (6'3" 222) that have blazing speed like he does. This kid is going to be something special. When we were watching the game yesterday I was just amazed at some of the catches he was able to make. Hard to believe he's just a redshirt freshman.

GWOOD
09-16-2007, 04:01 PM
He is a good one. It's not just that he catches a lot of passes but what he did after the catch against Rice was what was most impressive.

necks_c/09
09-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
He is a good one. It's not just that he catches a lot of passes but what he did after the catch against Rice was what was most impressive. him and flannel will make a deadly duo, that is, if they ever run the ball....