PDA

View Full Version : Did you see the end of the Connecticut vs Temple Game?

Phil C
09-16-2007, 08:31 AM
Temple had 4th and goal in the last few seconds of the game trailing Connecticut 23 to 17 (I think). ESPN showed the last part of the game. Temple threw a pass into the endzone which was deflected and caught by another Temple player in the end zone but was ruled out of bounds. From what I saw I thought it was out of bounds.
But a replay showed that when he caught it his foot looked like it was barely in bounds. The angle wasn't very good and unfortunately they would have had a perfect few from the end zone if some old fat guy hadn't been in the way of the camera.
The Temple Coaches in the booth had evidently seen the replay and when the review officials said he was out of bounds there was much protesting and it seemed justified.
Of course the game would have been tied and Temple would have had to kick the extra point to win.

Come on Officials! The replay was intended to get things right!

:mad: :mad:

VanKampen
09-16-2007, 11:16 AM
touchdowns count for 6 points not 5. final score was 22-17

Phil C
09-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by VanKampen
touchdowns count for 6 points not 5. final score was 22-17

Thank you Van. I thought it was 23 to 17 so the td would have given Temple the lead and probably the game.

VAMike
09-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Remember, the replay guy has to have conclusive evidence to overturn a call. Just because replay does not overturn does not mean replay is agreeing with call on teh field, just taht they do not have enough to overturn. I did not see play so cannot say but sounds like you are saying the best camera shot was blocked by a strap hanger.

VanKampen
09-16-2007, 03:02 PM
it was partially blocked but you could still clearly see he had his foot in bounds and tapped it in bounds again for good measure and had complete control of the ball. the replay officials totally blew the call