PDA

View Full Version : If Notre Dame

Old Tiger
09-16-2007, 02:10 AM
Manages to win 6 games do they get a bowl bid? I don't think they should! They are dead last in 4 offensive categories.

injuredinmelee
09-16-2007, 02:12 AM
They will simply because they are Notre Dame. They will finish the year with a 500 or worse record and still begin the year next season in the top 15.

injuredinmelee
09-16-2007, 02:13 AM
plus their fans are loyal (esp the voting sports writers) and they pack any house they play in

NDFootball
09-16-2007, 04:17 PM
This season is seriously depressing...

:(

I stand behind my Irish though

going for 1-3 next Saturday;)

Old Tiger
09-16-2007, 04:19 PM
who is their next opponent?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
They will simply because they are Notre Dame. They will finish the year with a 500 or worse record and still begin the year next season in the top 15.

Cry me a river about being overrated. Look at your precious Longhorns. I'm not trying to start a UT vs. A&M thread, but it's completely obvious that they're ranked way too high for the close results against really weak competition.

Old Tiger
09-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Cry me a river about being overrated. Look at your precious Longhorns. I'm not trying to start a UT vs. A&M thread, but it's completely obvious that they're ranked way too high for the close results against really weak competition. You're not trying to but you are :)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
You're not trying to but you are :)

Only to those who have poor/non-existent reading and comprehension skills.

Old Tiger
09-16-2007, 04:22 PM
back to the topic.

ND bowl game if they win 6?

who do they play next?

NDFootball
09-16-2007, 04:24 PM
back to the topic.

ND bowl game if they win 6?

who do they play next?

Michigan State is next, followed by Purdue if I'm not mistaken.

Old Tiger
09-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Michigan State is next, followed by Purdue if I'm not mistaken. Honestly they could be in a dog fight with Purdue. Michigan State should beat ND.

1-4 or 0-5 could be their record

Txbroadcaster
09-16-2007, 04:27 PM
My question...Ole Wiess is doing same thing Tyrone Willingham did..win first couple of years then hitting the skids...Will the pressure be on him like it was Tyrone

NDFootball
And yes they'll get in if they win 6, ND brings in too much money to be ignored. (See their last two BCS bowls) It hurts to say it but winning 6 games might be a steep hill to climb as of now =\

charlesrixey
it's hard to tell how good the rest of the big 12 is, too

Oklahoma is destroying people but hasn't played anyone (yes, including miami)

Nebraska just got schooled by USC

Texas A&M hasn't played anyone, and i won't bring up fresno state since texas has arkansas state for reference

but at least texas beat TCU

honestly, oklahoma LOOKS the best right now, but their QB hasn't faced a defense yet (i just hope the longhorns can handle OU and Nebraska(at home)).

NDFootball
09-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Honestly they could be in a dog fight with Purdue. Michigan State should beat ND.

1-4 or 0-5 could be their record

Doubt it he signed a pretty hardcore extension after the famous ND/USC game in '05

NDFootball
09-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Sorry wrong quote...see post below yours

Old Tiger
09-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
My question...Ole Wiess is doing same thing Tyrone Willingham did..win first couple of years then hitting the skids...Will the pressure be on him like it was Tyrone No because he is an alumni of ND and white

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-16-2007, 04:31 PM
No because he is an alumni of ND and white

You're an idiot. Bringing race into anything in nonsense.

Old Tiger
09-16-2007, 04:32 PM
You're an idiot. Bringing race into anything in nonsense. Truth makes someone an idiot?

Txbroadcaster
09-16-2007, 04:32 PM
You're an idiot. Bringing race into anything in nonsense.

While I agree it is nonsense..Sadly some felt that was some of the reason Ty was fired

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Truth makes someone an idiot?

What does he being white have to do with job security? That's opinion, not truth in any form, thus why I said you are dumb.

Old Tiger
09-16-2007, 04:34 PM
What does he being white have to do with job security? That's opinion, not truth in any form, thus why I said you are dumb. Nah...it's the truth at a place like ND. Same could be said for Alabama or South Carolina if they had a black coach. They would have shorter leashes.

NDFootball
09-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Nah...it's the truth at a place like ND. Same could be said for Alabama or South Carolina if they had a black coach. They would have shorter leashes.

I disagree. That's like saying the Michael Vick situation was because he is black. He won't get fired because of his huge contract and that's too much of a hit to swallow as of now. Plus look at the talent he's got brewing. Willingham wasn't much of a recruiter so there wasn't much upside to his skid.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Nah...it's the truth at a place like ND. Same could be said for Alabama or South Carolina if they had a black coach. They would have shorter leashes.

You are an idiot.

Old Tiger
09-16-2007, 04:45 PM
So Weiss recruited; Maurice Stovall, Brady Quinn, Rhema McKnight, Anthony Fasano, Ryan Harris? No

necks_c/09
09-16-2007, 04:49 PM
ok back to the point again......

First off, ND will not win 6 games....

they will most likely be 0-8 through their first 8 games.....

tough schedule.... not so great of ateam.....

not a good season...

although i agree with bbde about texas looking overrated because of their recent play, but they are talented enough to be #6 in the country so if they ever play to their potential they will be that good...... so in a sense not really overrated

and i would not call them overrated anyway until they lose.....

thats the mark of elite teams...... when your not blowing the opponent out, you find ways to win the close games....
(not saying texas is elite either)

just mho

NDFootball
09-16-2007, 04:51 PM
So Weiss recruited; Maurice Stovall, Brady Quinn, Rhema McKnight, Anthony Fasano, Ryan Harris? No

They were average recruits (for top D1 standards) who stepped up under Weis with the exception of Brady Quinn. Even Quinn was only a 50% completion passer before Charlie came. Most of those recruits were around 3-stars.

NDFootball
09-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Coach Weis said they are going back into "training camp" mode. I hope it works. The main problem with the Irish is the offensive line. They will get things patched up eventually. It seems like they don't have a sense of pride or attention to detail.

Txbroadcaster
09-16-2007, 05:19 PM
It seems like they don't have a sense of pride or attention to detail.

the mark of a young team is not having that attention to the small details.

NDFootball
09-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
the mark of a young team is not having that attention to the small details.

True...there can't be any excuses though at a school with those kind of expectations.

Old Tiger
09-16-2007, 05:35 PM
True...there can't be any excuses though at a school with those kind of expectations. That's your schools biggest fault IMO. They expect to much. They didn't deserve either of those BCS births

NDFootball
09-16-2007, 05:44 PM
That's your schools biggest fault IMO. They expect to much. They didn't deserve either of those BCS births

I think they did deserve it in 2005, 2006 was different. I'm not saying it's right, but it's hard to deny a team that brings a country-wide fan base to the table, which means big revenue for whatever bowl they play in. It's always going to be that way just because it is Notre Dame, whether people like it or not.

burnet44
09-16-2007, 06:44 PM
academic requirements are killing em

WTF-82
09-16-2007, 10:56 PM
WHAT is everyone talking about Notre Dame first game is next week vs Michigan St. The first 3 games did not count.

LOL !!! let me robb one from tiger fans
Notre Dame the best 0-3 team in the nation.

GO IRISH

HEY THEY ARE STRUGGLING BUT THEY WILL GET BETTER THEY HAVE BEEN IN THIS SITUATION BEFORE VS PENN ST. TO ME IT SEEMED THEY WERE SATISFIED WITH THAT. THEN MICHIGAN REALLY PUT IT ON THEM NO EXCUSES THEY JUST PLAYED TERRIBLE NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE HARD TO BEAT MICHIGAN IN THERE HOUSE TURNING THE BALL OVER COULD NOT EVEN GET THE SNAP OFF NOT GOOD.

NOW /// ABOUT ND IF THEY WIN 6 GAMES DO THEY DESERVE A BOWL BID FRIENDS IF ND CAN WIN 6 OUT OF THERE LAST 9 GAMES COMING FRIENDS THEY WOULD DESERVE A BOWL BID.
THERE ARE NO WEAK TEAMS IN ND SCHEDULE .
USC,UCLA,BOSTON COLLEGE,PURDUE,MICHIGAN ST,AIR FORCE,STANFORD ONLY WEAK TEAMS DUKE, AND NAVY BUT NAVY CAN PLAY / AIR FORCE WELL ASK TCU ABOUT THEM.

IHStangFan
09-16-2007, 10:58 PM
I heard that ND ihas scheduled the Ingleside Ponies 7th Grade B team for next year. Ponies are a 14 point fav. :D

NDFootball
09-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I heard that ND ihas scheduled the Ingleside Ponies 7th Grade B team for next year. Ponies are a 14 point fav. :D

...you are cold as ice sir. :p

JR2004
09-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
academic requirements are killing em

This, probably more than anything else, is what has killed Notre Dame. They just aren't going to be able to load up like they used to and have NFL draft picks all over the field due to the stringent academic requirements.

WTF-82
09-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

buddy ND dont schedule creams those game are what big 12 schools look for.

Gobbla2001
09-16-2007, 11:10 PM
I've always respected the Notre Dame program, but I don't anymore... got rid of a man who is turning around a Pac 10 school right now and gave the job to a man who is turning ND into a sunbelt confrence doormat...

They are not the best 0-3 team in the nation, they're really not that good...

I hope they can make better decisions in the future...

Weiss is a great coach, just not built for this school I don't believe...

JR2004
09-16-2007, 11:10 PM
And they won't be going to a bowl this season. I'll be shocked if they win 3 games the rest of the way. Weis should get coach of the year if he can get this team to a bowl game after how completely awful they've looked the first three games. Never have seen a worse Notre Dame team in my lifetime.

NDFootball
09-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
This, probably more than anything else, is what has killed Notre Dame. They just aren't going to be able to load up like they used to and have NFL draft picks all over the field due to the stringent academic requirements.

They seem to be going to some loopholes then this cycle b/c the 2008 class already looks monstrous

WTF-82
09-16-2007, 11:18 PM
friend they got rid of willingham for a reason Brady Quinns class was it for ty friend he could not get kids to commit after brady/s class it was terrible big reason his era was worse than weiss era

On Weiss I agree with he is having to adjust to coaching young kids not professional athletes he was blessed to have a mature Brady Quinn there already last couple of years.

but man the TY era was terrible man listen the best thing that ever happened to this man is going back to the pac10 so he can recruit his kind of kids.

Gobbla2001
09-16-2007, 11:21 PM
his era was worse than the weiss era? up until 74 total yards against a sub-par Michigan D, ya...

JR2004
09-16-2007, 11:23 PM
They seem to be going to some loopholes then this cycle b/c the 2008 class already looks monstrous

I'll be interested to see how many of them they get in. Remember this is the school that denied Randy Moss entry.

WTF-82
09-16-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
his era was worse than the weiss era? up until 74 total yards against a sub-par Michigan D, ya...

Look up Ty game vesus Michigan in the big House 38-0 also and stats were not pretty

JR2004
09-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
Look up Ty game vesus Michigan in the big House 38-0 also and stats were not pretty

The end of the Willingham era was awful. Not quite as bad as these first three games, but they were a joke by the end of his reign in South Bend.

WTF-82
09-16-2007, 11:35 PM
I will say this Weiss is doing the right thing this week about getting his team ready first 3 games gone. No more x's and o's
They are starting training camp today like if its the first day going to work seriously could be a big move serious work ahead for ND this week deph chart is gone will be interesting this week now we have something to talk about. What would you do if you are in his sittuation I have all faith in the world in him something different will happen this week. I dont know if they will win but
I do expect him to find guys who want to fight.

NDFootball
09-17-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
I will say this Weiss is doing the right thing this week about getting his team ready first 3 games gone. No more x's and o's
They are starting training camp today like if its the first day going to work seriously could be a big move serious work ahead for ND this week deph chart is gone will be interesting this week now we have something to talk about. What would you do if you are in his sittuation I have all faith in the world in him something different will happen this week. I dont know if they will win but
I do expect him to find guys who want to fight.

they better start by finding some offensive linemen who aren't scared to block or it won't matter much who gets a starting job.
too bad for demetrius jones though...little punk transferred to NIU, and another opportunity just opened up after he left. Serves him right.