PDA

View Full Version : Burnet vs Refs

greendawgfan
12-15-2002, 12:19 PM
Tell me if I am wrong. So this is what I hear, that the refs were from Everman or from around them. If you have heard any about that post a reply back. please

greendawgfan
12-15-2002, 12:20 PM
I am sorry from around there. not Them

bd0707
12-15-2002, 12:58 PM
The refs were from a chapter located in Galveston, it was announced at the game. It saddens me that even one of my fellow Burnet fans would even make an attempt at putting any blame whatsoever on the refs. I could go on about my feelings on this subject but I would very much like to see any topics regarding this matter to fade ASAP.

bd62
12-15-2002, 01:16 PM
my goodness where is all this coming from. everman had 2 t.d. called back and one long run called back. this is crazy stuff.there was no doubt who the better team was saturday.

Da Mules
12-15-2002, 01:22 PM
Will you Burnett posters puh-leeze please get some self-respect and quit blaming it on the refs.. you have a fine football team, a great town, and deserve congratulations for a great season!! There are about 250+ 3A teams that would love to trade places with you this year! Now don't muck it up with a bunch of whining about the refs! Give Everman the respect they deserve, they were clearly the better team...and get your team and fans ready for next year! Life goes on!

Jason1725
12-15-2002, 01:25 PM
How can this come as a suprise to anyone? After having seen them post just as much trash as Jasper only for them to label Jasper as arrogant. Then last week having to hear how they are all the second coming of Mother Theresa. Now they lost because of the refs, please these people on here are nothing but obnoxious hypocrites. We all see the true colors of Burnet and their "great" fans. All they had to do was show up. Congrats Everman for shutting these people up.

sinton66
12-15-2002, 01:39 PM
Jason1725:
How can this come as a suprise to anyone? After having seen them post just as much trash as Jasper only for them to label Jasper as arrogant. Then last week having to hear how they are all the second coming of Mother Theresa. Now they lost because of the refs, please these people on here are nothing but obnoxious hypocrites. We all see the true colors of Burnet and their "great" fans. All they had to do was show up. Congrats Everman for shutting these people up."Et tu, Brute?" Man, I don't know what we would do without you continually pointing out how classless some posters have been this year. We ALL have eyes, and we ALL know how to read. How about we ALL eat our crow and learn from the experience? It's NEVER too late to start showing some class. wink

20StephDawg05
12-15-2002, 02:13 PM
Really...yo all the people from Burnet need to stop blaming the refs..ITS THEIR JOB TO CALL STUFF! dont get mad over it geeze. You have to face the facts that maybe there is a better team out there. but in my mind the Burnet Bulldogs are still number one. i love you all! and theres another year..2003 baby!

espn1
12-15-2002, 03:13 PM
The refs were from Beaumont not Galveston and had it not been for the refs, Everman would have scored 50. Burnet got destroyed in every dept. That's speaking strictly from a football perspective. True! Burnet would have scored more if they weren't injured, but the defense couldn't stop them.

SintonFan
12-15-2002, 03:25 PM
greendawgfan, get a grip. You are disrespecting your town! Please represent them just a tad better. The game is over. Let it go.

Burnet_Dawg
12-15-2002, 04:10 PM
I would say that the refs were OK, but the way we played last night was the reason why we didnt win. It wasn't the refs that kept us from winning,it was ourselves. I think Everman had a very good team and very well coached. they had the momentum after their teamate was carried off the field and i hope and pray that he is going to be fine. I think the 2 big things that kept us from winning the game was injuries and mental mistakes on both sides of the ball. Everman just capitalized and took advantage of the game. I'd like to say thank you to you seniors who worked your butt off to get there and setting a good example for the years to come. And to the coaches that got us there...COACH SHIPLEY DESERVES COACH OF THE YEAR!!!

WE'LL BE BACK FOR IT ALL NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!

Bulldawg98
12-15-2002, 04:12 PM
I agree that the refs were not very good but...they were bad both ways. Everman had a good team and so did Burnet but they played better last night. Congratulations to both teams on a great season and good luck next year.

BURNET WILL BE BACK!

Jason1725
12-15-2002, 04:37 PM
sinton66

Donating Member
Member # 546

Member Rated:
posted December 15, 2002 12:39 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Jason1725:
How can this come as a suprise to anyone? After having seen them post just as much trash as Jasper only for them to label Jasper as arrogant. Then last week having to hear how they are all the second coming of Mother Theresa. Now they lost because of the refs, please these people on here are nothing but obnoxious hypocrites. We all see the true colors of Burnet and their "great" fans. All they had to do was show up. Congrats Everman for shutting these people up.

"Et tu, Brute?" Man, I don't know what we would do without you continually pointing out how classless some posters have been this year. We ALL have eyes, and we ALL know how to read. How about we ALL eat our crow and learn from the experience? It's NEVER too late to start showing some class.
Posts: 1957 | From: Magnolia, Texas | Registered: Dec 2001 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

You know what, what comes around goes around. These people made it a point to rub it in that they beat Jasper last week. Most even trying to start stuff that never happened. After having to hear their lies all week it had to be thrown back at them. I have nothing but respect for the kids on the team they were class acts and were willing to talk after the game. But there are some who deserve to be bashed a little. I have no idea what your problem is this has nothing to do with Sinton so you should chill a little.

sinton66
12-15-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Jason1275:
You know what, what comes around goes around. These people made it a point to rub it in that they beat Jasper last week. Most even trying to start stuff that never happened. After having to hear their lies all week it had to be thrown back at them. How many times Jason? You made your point on SEVERAL threads. I don't mean to offend you, but it's getting a little BORING. Can't you be the bigger person and let it slide?

turbostud
12-15-2002, 04:54 PM
Sinton 66 you are almost over 2000 posts, wow.

Jason1725
12-15-2002, 05:03 PM
Sinton, you're right I will let it go. It's time to move on it's over and done with. Hope you and yours have a happy holiday season.

sinton66
12-15-2002, 05:04 PM
turbostud:
Sinton 66 you are almost over 2000 posts, wow.I guess I have an opinion on just about EVERYTHING(or at least it SEEMS that way). Oh well, I usually mean well.

Jason1725
12-15-2002, 05:05 PM
Sinton66, you've must have been here forever. Almost to 2000 posts, I don't think I can ever reach that one.

sinton66
12-15-2002, 05:15 PM
Jason1725:
Sinton66, you've must have been here forever. Almost to 2000 posts, I don't think I can ever reach that one.Sure you can, and it can be with class too if you choose to do so. Merry Christmas to you and yours, and best of luck next season.

olddog73
12-15-2002, 05:49 PM
Congratulations Everman, You have a great team and a great coaching staff! I have a son in the Burnet football program and was present at the game. I think this talk of bad refs needs to stop right here. From what I have read, there was only one poster that started this and a lot of other posters who have been sore losers for the past week are trying to capitalize on it to keep things stirred up. I would like to see all of this mess stoped. This is a football web site, not the Jerry Springer Show! As far as the Everman-Burnet game went, both teams had great players and great coachs and both teams have reason to be extreemly proud. I watched most of the Burnet games,and Everman was outstanding. As far as the refs go, Im know Everman would have loved to have had some different calls, as would Burnet. This is High School Football at its best and these things happen. The refs may have made some bad calls, but they were definatly not slanted in any one direction. As far as whether or not Burnet seemed to lose their momentum after the injury to Everman's Corey Fullbright,who knows, maybe. One thing I know for sure is that when Fullbright went down, his team had the greatest reason of all to win the game, to win for a fallen team mate. And they did an excelent job of it. For this, my hat goes off to all of the Everman Team and Coaches. I also want to thank all of the Burnet Players and Coaches for an unforgetable year, its been great, and we will be back next year! Lets all keep Corey Fullbright and his family in our prayers and hope for a full and speedy recovery.

HotDawg89
12-15-2002, 06:48 PM
Jason1725:

Originally posted by Jason1725

You know what, what comes around goes around. These people made it a point to rub it in that they beat Jasper last week. Most even trying to start stuff that never happened. After having to hear their lies all week it had to be thrown back at them. I have nothing but respect for the kids on the team they were class acts and were willing to talk after the game. But there are some who deserve to be bashed a little. [/QB]Jason, I've had nothing but respect for Everman- yes, I thought Burnet would win, but I said it wouldn't be easy for them. I think your remarks are very unfair. Yes, there are some really cocky people on this site from Burnet, but I have seen equally outrageous posts from several other fans of different teams and towns. These people did not get what they deserved. Our kids are devastated, and so are their families for a number of things that happened last night- not just our loss.

In regard to the refs- that is crap. The refs were very good. Refs pulled for state games are highly respected and assigned by the UIL. They are the best of the best.

You Burnet people who are griping about the refs need to see that stats. Everman had more penalties called on them then we did on us. We had only 4 penalties called for 30 yards. Everman had 10 for 57. There was one time when Burnet fans got mad and booed for NO REASON. Shipley and his coverage got tangled up in the endzone, and Shipley was unable to cath the ball. BUT THE BALL WAS UNCATCHABLE- it was way over his head. Get real- Everman was the better team, and we lost.

As far as Burnet and their great fans, Burnet said a very PUBLIC prayer during the 1st quarter and after the game was over- they also were very congratulatory and humble of the Everman players. We had over 10,000 fans their last night who were very courteous and proud of and for Everman. Yeah- when we show up, we show up in a big way. Don't bash us for nothing, especially when we showed so much respect for the other team.

Jason- get off everyones case. I know I have not been arrogant, and I don't want to be grouped among those you are attacking. Thanks! :)

<small>[ December 15, 2002, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

Burnet Dawg06
12-15-2002, 07:13 PM
Way to say it Hotdawg89, Burnet was not trying to rub it to Jasper. The refs were good, and so was Everman. And nobody will ever be able to shut Burnet people up b/c we are proud of our kids and what they all have accomplished. Like you said our kids are devastated b/c they lost and b/c of what happened to the Everman player, and it hurts to see them that way. It was hard to be good losers last night and to have as much respect for Everman as we did. During the time the Everman player was hurt, the Burnet players and fans said prayers for him and showed as much respect for the other team as possible. Anyways Everman was a good winner and they didn't rub it into Burnet's faces, but they were also devastated about their hurt player. Good job Burnet and Great job Everman on you victory. Hope to see ya next season!

BurnetDawg
12-15-2002, 08:21 PM
Come On People...I think we should all STOP with the Better Team Stuff. Both teams must be awesome to make it all the way to the State Championships. Everyone needs to stop haten and start being grateful. I'm sick of seeing all this better team and would be pleased if everyone would just stop. We have bigger thans to Worry about right now in life with both teams players. So all I have to really say about the game is Congrats to the Everman Bulldogs, and Good Job Burnet. Both teams have NOTHING AT ALL to be ashamed of and hopefully next year we can meet each other again.

fred grunden
12-15-2002, 09:23 PM
Can we just call a truce here? If any Burnet fans need to eat crow, I am sure there is still enough left over around Jasper to share with you. It might be fun to have a big BBQ party and meet in Forney, because the caterers are better there. :D

spaniard
12-15-2002, 09:56 PM
fred grunden:
Can we just call a truce here? If any Burnet fans need to eat crow, I am sure there is still enough left over around Jasper to share with you. It might be fun to have a big BBQ party and meet in Forney, because the caterers are better there. :D hehe :D

olddawggreen
12-15-2002, 10:17 PM
WAY TO GO FRED, I CAN BRING THE HOT SAUCE!

pirate4state
12-16-2002, 10:59 AM
Burnet Dawg06:
During the time the Everman player was hurt, the Burnet players and fans said prayers for him and showed as much respect for the other team as possible. I know of one dumbass fan that was not praying! I hate to bring this up, BUT I have to! This idiot thought he was being cute by saying, "1,2,3--your out!" It was clear to everyone in the stands that as soon as that young man went down he was seriously injured and it made me so mad that this parent (who had 3 young girls with him would act like this). I KNOW that he does not represent all Burnet fans, but his behavior was totally unacceptable! Shame on you!

Burnet had a fine season & will be back next year with an equally or better team and I wish them all of the luck in the world! (Except against Sinton [if Sinton makes it that deep in the playoffs :D ] )

Congrats to the Everman Bulldogs on a great season & Sinton fans are keeping Corey in our prayers.

<small>[ December 16, 2002, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

olddawggreen
12-16-2002, 11:18 AM
Pirate, lets try not to stir any more of this up. The world is full of stupid, inconsiderate people. They do not represent the majority of their communities. I was at the game and for 15 or 20 minutes the silence was so overwelming that all you could hear where the babys crying in the stands. I have never experienced anything like it. It was a sign of true concern and respect for the fallen player. Im sorry you heard the remark that you did, but I bet the person who made it felt pretty bad after he realized how serious it was. Some people are a little slower to catch on than others and we have all been quilty at one time or another of letting our mouth speak before our brain is engaged. Lets not waste any more time on things like this. We need to all pull together and spend our time thinking and praying for Corey Fullbright and his family. They need all the help and prayers they can get right now.

pirate4state
12-16-2002, 11:26 AM
I'm not trying to "stir" anything up---I just had to get that off my chest. (I was just a little slow getting back to the board after a long weekend.) I know he felt stupid afterwards...it still did not excuse his behavior & I KNOW he does not represent the entire community (I mentioned that in my post).

I'm off my soapbox now. :p

olddawggreen
12-16-2002, 11:32 AM
I understand how you feel pirate, take care and I hope we see you next year around this time of year.

whtfbplaya
12-16-2002, 02:44 PM
The only bad call I saw was the int. in the endzone his foot clearly came down out of bounds.