PDA

View Full Version : So about Fresno State...

JR2004
09-15-2007, 11:22 PM
52-21...Umm yeah either they aren't all that good OR Oregon is REALLY good. I think it's a mix of both to be honest.

Emerson1
09-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Fresno State isn't that good

wookinpanub
09-16-2007, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Fresno State isn't that good

Yea, kinda like Central Florida.

charlesrixey
09-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by wookinpanub
Yea, kinda like Central Florida.

At least Central Florida was opening a new stadium

fresno state lost in triple overtime in college station

wookinpanub
09-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
At least Central Florida was opening a new stadium

fresno state lost in triple overtime in college station

Still two near-misses against no names

Cameron Crazy
09-16-2007, 12:28 AM
Your right. I wish A&M would have lost to Fresno that would have been a good one!

wookinpanub
09-16-2007, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Your right. I wish A&M would have lost to Fresno that would have been a good one!

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, but they didn't

GoStafford
09-16-2007, 08:45 AM
oregon is better than most people think

necks_c/09
09-16-2007, 08:53 AM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, but they didn't kinda like texas huh?

you cant sit here and rag on texas for barely winning when a/m did the same thing against fresno state.....

texas showed up when they played a real team.... tcu...

they may not be playin their best football ever but theyre at least finding ways to win.....

thats alot more than other teams can say:)

wookinpanub
09-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
kinda like texas huh?

you cant sit here and rag on texas for barely winning when a/m did the same thing against fresno state.....

they may not be playin their best football ever but theyre at least finding ways to win.....

thats alot more than other teams can say:)

You sit there and say others are ragging on Texas?
You need to review the digs about A&M by your beloved Longhorn comrades over the past several months.

Truthfully, I think there's some jitters going on about playing at Kyle Field this year.

.... and rightfully so.

Emerson1
09-16-2007, 09:35 AM
You sit there and say others are ragging on Texas?
You need to review the digs about A&M by your beloved Longhorn comrades over the past several months.

Truthfully, I think there's some jitters going on about playing at Kyle Field this year.

.... and rightfully so.
Why would there be? It will be 75% full like all the rest of a&ms games. UCF was probably louder then what kyle field will be

wookinpanub
09-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Why would there be? It will be 75% full like all the rest of a&ms games. UCF was probably louder then what kyle field will be

You start filling the stands with 100,000 every week and then talk. The Statesman is just one example of how the moment UT loses a game, Kirk Bohls rants and whines about how its time to get a new coach.

To fill a stadium with even a half of what Kyle Field's capacity holds is pretty damn impressive in a town the size of Bryan-College Station (130,000), so for a city the size of Austin (750,000) - whether alums or locals - to not fill its stadium for some games, I think, speaks volumes about fair-weather fans versus faithful ones.

injuredinmelee
09-16-2007, 09:49 AM
You start filling the stands with 100,000 every week and then talk. The Statesman is just one example of how the moment UT loses a game, Kirk Bohls rants and whines about how its time to get a new coach.

To fill a stadium with even a half of what Kyle Field's capacity holds is pretty damn impressive in a town the size of Bryan-College Station (130,000), so for a city the size of Austin (750,000) - whether alums or locals - to not fill its stadium for some games, I think, speaks volumes about fair-weather fans versus faithful ones.

when was the last time DKR wasnt full? You seem to be the biggest whiner with their panties in a wad on this entire post.

wookinpanub
09-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
when was the last time DKR wasnt full? You seem to be the biggest whiner with their panties in a wad on this entire post.

kinda like texas huh?

thats alot more than other teams can say

I think it's fair to say several panties are in a wad (see above)

injuredinmelee
09-16-2007, 11:36 AM
kinda like texas huh?

thats alot more than other teams can say

I think it's fair to say several panties are in a wad (see above)

what side are you defending there? UT looked like crap yesterday as they have every game of the season so far. There is no put em away mentality. To see Mack clapping on the sidelines after giving up a huge paly to the other team is making me sick to my stomach. Watching zone read run after zone read run fail miserably I am disgusted. Is that what you wanted to hear?
But by the way Fresno really isnt that good. Just like TCU wasnt that good and UCF isnt all that good.

BreckTxLonghorn
09-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Attendance (all #s from 2006, no 2007 numbers yet)

Per Wikipedia (cited from each team's official websites) and this link
http://www.ncaa.org/stats/football/attendance/2006/2006_football_attendance.pdf

Kyle Field:
Capacity: 82,600
Avg Attendance: 75,985
Avg % to capacity: 91.99%

DKR:
Capacity: 85,123
Avg Attendance: 88, 505
Avg % to capacity: 103.97%

GoStafford
09-16-2007, 12:09 PM
kinda like texas huh?

thats alot more than other teams can say:) can we save this till the week before the annual game

wookinpanub
09-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Attendance (all #s from 2006, no 2007 numbers yet)

Per Wikipedia (cited from each team's official websites) and this link
http://www.ncaa.org/stats/football/attendance/2006/2006_football_attendance.pdf

Kyle Field:
Capacity: 82,600
Avg Attendance: 75,985
Avg % to capacity: 91.99%

DKR:
Capacity: 85,123
Avg Attendance: 88, 505
Avg % to capacity: 103.97%

... and which university has a larger enrollment AND is in a larger city. That's my point.

Old Tiger
09-16-2007, 01:45 PM
... and which university has a larger enrollment AND is in a larger city. That's my point. You're home of the "twelth man." yall have the best fans! Come on excuses are like butt holes dude

wookinpanub
09-16-2007, 01:51 PM
I just wish we had as many automobile dealerships to cooperate with alumni.

c-town_balla
09-16-2007, 02:04 PM
is that a shot at billy pittman there?

cause that would just be you speaking without knowing

Emerson1
09-16-2007, 02:47 PM
I think a&m has been on probation more times then Texas, and alot more recent to.

VanKampen
09-16-2007, 03:08 PM
you guys are forgetting that ucf doesnt suck. they beat alabama who just beat arkansas. texas was playing in a somewhat hostile environment. tamu was playing in their backyard against a team that has proven that they suck

necks_c/09
09-16-2007, 04:41 PM
... and which university has a larger enrollment AND is in a larger city. That's my point. no, you clearly stated that your point was that texas didnt fill their stadium like a/m does.....

once the facts were put out there, you felt stupid so now youre trying to back out of it......

and why copy mine, my panties are not in a wad......

it was just ironic that you were talking about how texas barely won and how great a/m is when they barely won against fresno state

i was just putting my thoughts out there, and how come wookinpanub is always the center of controversy on here?:thinking:

wookinpanub
09-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by VanKampen
you guys are forgetting that ucf doesnt suck. they beat alabama who just beat arkansas. texas was playing in a somewhat hostile environment. tamu was playing in their backyard against a team that has proven that they suck

Yea, you're right:

UT 103
A&M 0

There ---- are you satisfied?

wookinpanub
09-16-2007, 04:49 PM
no, you clearly stated that your point was that texas didnt fill their stadium like a/m does.....

once the facts were put out there, you felt stupid so now youre trying to back out of it......

and why copy mine, my panties are not in a wad......

it was just ironic that you were talking about how texas barely won and how great a/m is when they barely won against fresno state

i was just putting my thoughts out there, and how come wookinpanub is always the center of controversy on here?:thinking:

Let's talk about how badly West Columbia sucks this year :clap:

necks_c/09
09-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Let's talk about how badly West Columbia sucks this year :clap: once again, when you have no answer you say stupid crap like this

just ROM this idiot please

wookinpanub
09-16-2007, 04:53 PM
once again, when you have no answer you say stupid crap like this

just ROM this idiot please

I was talking about percentages of filling stands earlier and you won't even try to understand. I would hope when you win a national title you'd fill the stands and schedule slightly stronger teams.

Seems like perfectly good logic to me.

wookinpanub
09-16-2007, 04:56 PM
The Cameron guy spoke up about the automobile dealership remark without even a mention of Pittman, and then it lights a fire.

You people can dish it out, but you can't take it in.

necks_c/09
09-16-2007, 04:57 PM
I was talking about percentages of filling stands earlier and you won't even try to understand. I would hope when you win a national title you'd fill the stands and schedule slightly stronger teams.

Seems like perfectly good logic to me. no i understand perfectly......

you were talking about percentages and texas fills them 12% more......

so you felt stupid then tried to change the point of your arguement

and nobody goes to texas' games NOW because they won a title in 2005.....

thats some more crap.....

the people who go to the games go to them just to go...

they dont go b/c VY won a title 2 years ago.... that has little to do with why the stands are full every week

wookinpanub
09-16-2007, 04:58 PM
no i understand perfectly......

you were talking about percentages and texas fills them 12% more......

so you felt stupid then tried to change the point of your arguement

and nobody goes to texas' games NOW because they won a title in 2005.....

thats some more crap.....

the people who go to the games go to them just to go...

they dont go b/c VY won a title 2 years ago.... that has little to do with why the stands are full every week

Speaking of statistics, you sure love the word crap

wookinpanub
09-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Typing your next dissertation?

necks_c/09
09-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Speaking of statistics, you sure love the word crap avoiding the point again, hmmm maybe becuz you cant rebound with a logical answer:hand:

necks_c/09
09-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Typing your next dissertation? typing your next idiotic statement that has no point?

pirate4state
09-16-2007, 07:10 PM
i thought this thread was suppose to be about fresno state? :doh:

if you can't stay away from the same ut/a&m arguement, it will go away. i believe there was a sticky a week or so ago informing you all of this!