PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the Aggies go Fran

burnet44
09-15-2007, 11:17 PM
You never know how life is going to turn out. Fran and the Aggies really helped me out tonight. You ask how? Well about 8:30 I get a call from an old coaching buddy of mine. He is at Brenham. I saw him and his family at the All-Star game this summer. His daughter is a junior at the other Aggie school @ Stephenville aka Tarleton State. He says his daughter is going home from Brenham as was in Robinson with a flat tire. Would I go and change it. Sure no problem. She is just a few blocks down the road at the Subway. I get in the truck go down and get the tire off and put on the doughnut tire. (I hate those). Well we figure she doesn’t need to drive to Stephenville on the doughnut. She needs a regular tire. I figured she could just stay with us for the night and get it fixed in the morning. I get her back to my house and call around to see who is open on a Sat. night to fix a flat. Yeah I know 2 people NO and BODY. We call 3 places. Prices range from 150 to 95 an hour with a 2 hour minimum. Ouch. Well a guy on Franklin, Waco Tire Center, (please go by there and buy a tire) said come on down he would fix it. I take it down there, beating the Baylor-SWT traffic. Guy is a real nice guy. We shoot the breeze while he fixes it. Talk fb ect. I said I used to coach and am out now to see my kids play. He said I was lucky the Aggies were killing La-Monroe or who ever they played. Guy is a big Aggie fan. He said I wouldn’t even come down if the game was close. Thanks Fran for scheduling someone the Aggies can kill. He fixes the tire and ask him how much. Guy said It’s on him. I said no way. He said forget it. I said look charge me something. He won’t. I had a 10 in my pocket and said look got get some beer or DP on me. He took the 10 and I went home to get my buddies daughter on her way back to Stephenville. So thanks Fran for winning big tonight. You helped me get a tire fixed and my buddy’s daughter home safe. Go figure

and yes I wrote this
ok
I figured you lmNop lmNop would like it better that way

JR2004
09-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Pretty good story there. Fran is a very generous guy to help you out like that...lol.

44INAROW
09-15-2007, 11:24 PM
Makes you feel good to help others, doesn't it? We always try to help others in case we or our loved ones are in a situation needing help. I hope I never need to get a flat fixed in Waco, but if I ever do, I'll remember this guy's place of business :p I am sure Fran would be pleased as punch to know he was able to help you out tonight :D

luvhoops34
09-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
You never know how life is going to turn out. Fran and the Aggies really helped me out tonight. You ask how? Well about 8:30 I get a call from an old coaching buddy of mine. He is at Brenham. I saw him and his family at the All-Star game this summer. His daughter is a junior at the other Aggie school @ Stephenville aka Tarleton State. He says his daughter is going home from Brenham as was in Robinson with a flat tire. Would I go and change it. Sure no problem. She is just a few blocks down the road at the Subway. I get in the truck go down and get the tire off and put on the doughnut tire. (I hate those). Well we figure she doesn’t need to drive to Stephenville on the doughnut. She needs a regular tire. I figured she could just stay with us for the night and get it fixed in the morning. I get her back to my house and call around to see who is open on a Sat. night to fix a flat. Yeah I know 2 people NO and BODY. We call 3 places. Prices range from 150 to 95 an hour with a 2 hour minimum. Ouch. Well a guy on Franklin, Waco Tire Center, (please go by there and buy a tire) said come on down he would fix it. I take it down there, beating the Baylor-SWT traffic. Guy is a real nice guy. We shoot the breeze while he fixes it. Talk fb ect. I said I used to coach and am out now to see my kids play. He said I was lucky the Aggies were killing La-Monroe or who ever they played. Guy is a big Aggie fan. He said I wouldn’t even come down if the game was close. Thanks Fran for scheduling someone the Aggies can kill. He fixes the tire and ask him how much. Guy said It’s on him. I said no way. He said forget it. I said look charge me something. He won’t. I had a 10 in my pocket and said look got get some beer or DP on me. He took the 10 and I went home to get my buddies daughter on her way back to Stephenville. So thanks Fran for winning big tonight. You helped me get a tire fixed and my buddy’s daughter home safe. Go figure

and yes I wrote this
ok
I figured you lmNop lmNop would like it better that way

I understood the whole thing.....scarey...:eek:

burnet44
09-15-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34

yeah no kidding

zebrablue2
09-16-2007, 02:14 AM
good story. great to see there still are people in the world with a heart.

GoStafford
09-16-2007, 08:43 AM
i guess mack didn't feel like helping anyone out yesterday

AP Panther Fan
09-16-2007, 11:14 AM

me too...scarier. :eek:

well everything but the ImNop part:thinking:

luvhoops34
09-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
me too...scarier. :eek:

well everything but the ImNop part:thinking:

That was his lame attempt to cover up NN...:D

burnet44
09-16-2007, 11:22 AM
That was his lame attempt to cover up NN...:D

Thanks
over on the dark side huh
thanks

luvhoops34
09-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
Thanks
over on the dark side huh
thanks

NO I AM NOT ON THE DARKSIDE .

I was trying to explain what you were doing, so you wouldn't look so damn strange. :(

Phil C
09-16-2007, 11:43 AM
I am a UT fan as you know but I did have a niece and nephew who went to A&M and my parents had a My Neice Goes to A&M bumper sticker. One day coming back home on the road to Kingsville they needed a new battery and could only write a check for the amount. The attendant was reluctant to take the check but the owner saw the bumper sticker and said "Go ahead and take the check. They are Aggies and Aggies are honest."

:) (The check was good of course.)

luvhoops34
09-16-2007, 11:54 AM
burnet44: Thanks to the Aggies go Fran

I bet it damn near broke your finger to have to type "Aggies".:D

AP Panther Fan
09-16-2007, 11:56 AM
I was trying to explain what you were doing, so you wouldn't look so damn strange. :(

hahahaha:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

the darkside, huh?:cool:

luvhoops34
09-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
hahahaha:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

the darkside, huh?:cool:

Yeah, I'm not going to live that one down anytime soon.;)

burnet44
09-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I am a UT fan as you know but I did have a niece and nephew who went to A&M and my parents had a My Neice Goes to A&M bumper sticker. One day coming back home on the road to Kingsville they needed a new battery and could only write a check for the amount. The attendant was reluctant to take the check but the owner saw the bumper sticker and said "Go ahead and take the check. They are Aggies and Aggies are honest."

:) (The check was good of course.)

about killed ya to type that huh lol

burnet44
09-16-2007, 12:30 PM
I bet it damn near broke your finger to have to type "Aggies".:D

yeah