View Full Version : The Good LORD -

Football GOD
12-10-2003, 10:04 AM
has the final say,just TRUST and BELIEVE
in HIM...Keep it going TARPONS!!!
Just play football the way you know...

Phil C
12-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Good post of faith Football. I have a different belief and it is personal and yours is probably as good as mine but I feel when it comes to sports the Good Lord is impartial. For example if one team has a chance to win or lose the game with a thirty yard field goal in the last 3 seconds and one side is praying for him to make it and the other side is praying for him to not make it I believe that the Good Lord will just let the kick take it's course and not intervene. What I mean is I don't think he will take sides because there are christians on both sides of the teams so it wouldn't be right for him to take sides and be partial to anyone or any team and he is a just God as you said.

vet93
12-10-2003, 10:42 AM
I agree Phil C...I don't think that the Good Lord is in any way interested in who wins a football game (or any other sport) unless a victory or defeat in some way serves His purposes to teach, train, equip or change the heart of a believer or non-believer. Just my opinion.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Football GOD:
has the final say,just TRUST and BELIEVE
in HIM...Keep it going TARPONS!!!
Just play football the way you know...AMEN to that!!!!

JasperDog94
12-10-2003, 11:28 AM
vet93:
I agree Phil C...I don't think that the Good Lord is in any way interested in who wins a football game (or any other sport) unless a victory or defeat in some way serves His purposes to teach, train, equip or change the heart of a believer or non-believer. Just my opinion.This may be just an opinion to you, but I happen to share that opinion with you. :)

Buccaneer
12-10-2003, 11:28 AM
I thought they left the hole in Texas Stadium so GOD could watch his favorite team- The Burnett Bulldogs.

JasperDog94
12-10-2003, 11:29 AM
Buccaneer:
I thought they left the hole in Texas Stadium so GOD could watch his favorite team- The Burnett Bulldogs.lol

poncho
12-10-2003, 02:21 PM
Buccaneer:
I thought they left the hole in Texas Stadium so GOD could watch his favorite team- The Burnett Bulldogs.:rolleyes: Thats not funny. I don't mind the Burnet part. eek!

SINTON81
12-10-2003, 02:23 PM
poncho:

Buccaneer:
I thought they left the hole in Texas Stadium so GOD could watch his favorite team- The Burnett Bulldogs.:rolleyes: Thats not funny. I don't mind the Burnet part. eek! I don't know Poncho, I almost broke a rib laughing so hard. :D :D

espn1
12-10-2003, 03:08 PM
Buccaneer:
I thought they left the hole in Texas Stadium so GOD could watch his favorite team- The Burnett Bulldogs.You are 100% correct. God loves all of his children, but is partial to the Burnet Bulldogs. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/engel/angel-smiley-008.gif

<small>[ December 10, 2003, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: espn1 ]</small>

olddawggreen
12-10-2003, 07:57 PM
My pregame standard prayer is to ask that all the players on all the teams be able to play an injury free game and to play to the best of their ability and that all the players and every one else who is involved, fans, officials, band, ect...., return home safely. Normaly I dont pray for a win, except during the 3rd quarter of the Burnet Jasper game. Sorry, I couldnt help myself.

olddawggreen
12-11-2003, 10:02 AM
wink

Buccaneer
12-14-2003, 12:41 AM
Buccaneer:
I thought they left the hole in Texas Stadium so GOD could watch his favorite team- The Burnett Bulldogs.Er... I meant the Gainesville Leopards

shinigdam
12-14-2003, 12:43 AM
lol

SINTON81
12-14-2003, 03:08 AM
Buccaneer:

Buccaneer:
I thought they left the hole in Texas Stadium so GOD could watch his favorite team- The Burnett Bulldogs.Er... I meant the Gainesville LeopardsGood one Buccaneer. :D :D

husker_football_fan
12-14-2003, 11:53 AM
They put a hole in the roof of Texas Stadium so God had a toliet on Sunday. And out came the Cowboys!

slpybear the bullfan
12-14-2003, 11:59 AM
husker_football_fan:
They put a hole in the roof of Texas Stadium so God had a toliet on Sunday. And out came the Cowboys!tsk.. tsk...

J-E-A-L-O-U-S-Y