PDA

View Full Version : Big East teams

wildstangs
09-15-2007, 11:23 AM
Scenario - If West Virginia, Rutgers, or Louisville makes it through the season undefeated, do they get the nod to go to the BCS championship over a one loss team like Texas, OU, USC, or LSU?

Gobbla2001
09-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Scenario - If West Virginia, Rutgers, or Louisville makes it through the season undefeated, do they get the nod to go to the BCS championship over a one loss team like Texas, OU, USC, or LSU?

I think if WVU makes it through undefeated they will make it over any one loss team... they've started out so high in the rankings it would take a loss to keep them out of the National Championship (if two of the big three at this time, LSU, USC and OU have one loss)...

Rutgers? I don't know about that... #1 I don't think they're going undefeated and #2, I don't think they're going undefeated...

Lou? they may upset WVU, and if they go undefeated maybe...

BUT WVU going undefeated? They're in the Nat'l Championship...

Gobbla2001
09-15-2007, 11:42 AM
we REALLY need some playoffs though...

WVU has been a program on the rise for a very long time... they have an awesome backfield but really that's it... their defense isn't close to top knotch, but they could still squeeze out of this season undefeated and make the title game, shafted a few very good teams....

I'm not saying they couldn't win it all, but they're ranked so highly they're almost a lock in the title game if LSU, OU, USC etc... have losses...

we just need to battle it out in a playoff... somehow...