PDA

View Full Version : My Take on Royse City

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2007, 12:59 AM
Morrison is a GOOD QB..This kid has got a big league arm..sometimes tries to do to much, but when he lets the game come to him, he can dominate.

The OL protects well, the wr run good routes and for the most part make the catches...Good combo of speed and athleticism, and route running

The defense is solid, secondary covers pretty good.have some hitters.

Lack of a running game has to be a concerned...They never stopped throwing..even when up 49-9..I think the lack of a ground game wil hurt in the play-offs

This team has a shot, the talent and the coaching is there, as long as Morrison stays healthy.

All in all, I think they are very worthy of being a top 5 team

rangerjoe33
09-15-2007, 01:08 AM
I agree, didn't understand the passing late in the game...

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2007, 01:11 AM
I still like that Morrison turns two bad snaps into a TD and a first and goal..he lost 25 yards each time to gain 40 lol

rangerjoe33
09-15-2007, 01:15 AM
no doubt...the most impressive throw I saw tonight was the roll to the right stand flat footed and gun it to the endzone from 50 yrds to Gallegos...incredible arm strength...

The defense covered very well. I know you said good, but they covered really well in second half.

dogdad
09-15-2007, 10:16 AM
the offense that RC ran against Canton was a no-back set so there was no intention of running in this game. RC can and will run the ball when they are faced with a team that makes them run if you go back to last season, there was criticism that RC didnt run much, then when they faced Kennnedale in 2nd round, they ran for 400 yds. because thats what Kennedale gave them
this is the Tech offense and part of that philosophy is to use a short pass game at times to replace a rushing attack.......but bottom-line the RC coaching staff has an over-all plan to take whatever the defense gives them and since Canton gave them 500 yds. in the air, I think they are doing ok. especially when you consider that Canton was stealing RC's offensive signals and knew what play was coming all night long.

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by dogdad
the offense that RC ran against Canton was a no-back set so there was no intention of running in this game. RC can and will run the ball when they are faced with a team that makes them run if you go back to last season, there was criticism that RC didnt run much, then when they faced Kennnedale in 2nd round, they ran for 400 yds. because thats what Kennedale gave them
this is the Tech offense and part of that philosophy is to use a short pass game at times to replace a rushing attack.......but bottom-line the RC coaching staff has an over-all plan to take whatever the defense gives them and since Canton gave them 500 yds. in the air, I think they are doing ok. especially when you consider that Canton was stealing RC's offensive signals and knew what play was coming all night long.

I meant more like..why was RC still passing when game was no longer in doubt..Seems like to me that would have been a good time to work on the ground game

rangerjoe33
09-15-2007, 01:26 PM
I love the coaching staff at RC, all of them. I wasn't questioning the offensive game plan...but like braodcaster said...the game was over, Morrison stayed in until 4:00 minutes left.

Just wondering if there was something else going in that had the coaches keep him in the game.

dogdad
09-15-2007, 02:38 PM
yes

Buckeye80
09-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Not to sound prematurely confident, but the possible 3rd round matchup between Gilmer and Royse City is going to be sick (should it occur). Speed vs speed is always fun to watch. :D