PDA

View Full Version : Dang... IP Hawks get donkey stomped by 2A school

VWG
09-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Childress 32 Iowa Park 0

Cameron Crazy
09-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Dang, I hate to see that. IP was allways a good game with us.

From the looks of it they are not to strong this year.

IP vs Childress o the days of 5-3a football. :D

GoStafford
09-15-2007, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Dang, I hate to see that. IP was allways a good game with us.

From the looks of it they are not to strong this year.

IP vs Childress o the days of 5-3a football. :D

Sad loss, but you know sometimes those 2A schools are good if not gigantically better than some 3A schools. Numbers don't mean a thing. All you need is a 11, ask Newton.

Highschoolfan78
09-15-2007, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Childress 32 Iowa Park 0

haha you said donkey stomped.. idk why that's so funny... maybe because it's 2 am... idk

Da Mules
09-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
haha you said donkey stomped.. idk why that's so funny... maybe because it's 2 am... idk

well, it was whole lotta funny when Muleshoe mule-stomped Childress 52-36 in week 0. :D

Emerson1
09-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by GoStafford
Sad loss, but you know sometimes those 2A schools are good if not gigantically better than some 3A schools. Numbers don't mean a thing. All you need is a 11, ask Newton.
The difference between 2a and 3a isn't nearly as drastic as the 3a and 4a either.

lion75
09-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The difference between 2a and 3a isn't nearly as drastic as the 3a and 4a either. 3a Vernon donkey stomped 4a Mineral Wells AND 5a Altus, OK.

BILLYFRED0000
09-17-2007, 10:04 PM
That 2a school has nearly beaten IP each of the last 3 years.
They are good. Childress made it to the semi's in 05 and did well last year. Sounds like they may still be good. I am pulling for those Childress Bobcats.

Da Mules
09-17-2007, 10:08 PM
the main difference we see as a former small 3A school is equality in numbers. In 2A, most of the players have to play both sides of the ball, like Muleshoe has had to do for years. That makes a big difference and levels the field.
Quality players? Higher the numbers, better the odds of sifting out 11 superstars. The 4A schools obviously have better odds; when you get up around 1000 students, there just has to be 22 highly talented athletes there.
But luck of the draw hits anywhere. Look at Bo Helm from Childress; he could play on any team in the state, the Buckles kid from tiny Stratford is a fine QB.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Da Mules
the main difference we see as a former small 3A school is equality in numbers. In 2A, most of the players have to play both sides of the ball, like Muleshoe has had to do for years. That makes a big difference and levels the field.
Quality players? Higher the numbers, better the odds of sifting out 11 superstars. The 4A schools obviously have better odds; when you get up around 1000 students, there just has to be 22 highly talented athletes there.
But luck of the draw hits anywhere. Look at Bo Helm from Childress; he could play on any team in the state, the Buckles kid from tiny Stratford is a fine QB.

In the past, Childress has been in the same district with IP. So these two teams playing each other is nothing new. Childress has won a lot of games over the course of the history between these two teams and I believe that their previous head coach was one of the most successful coaches in Texas. (wining games that is)

Da Mules
09-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
In the past, Childress has been in the same district with IP. So these two teams playing each other is nothing new. Childress has won a lot of games over the course of the history between these two teams and I believe that their previous head coach was one of the most successful coaches in Texas. (wining games that is)

Charlie Johnson was up there close to Gordon Wood. He retired in 2001. He lost his last game, a round 1 playoff game down-to-the-wire-nail-biter to.... da Muleshoe Mules. :clap: :clap:

VWG
09-18-2007, 09:05 PM
I am not saying that 2A can't compete with 3A, etc... but for the Hawks to get beat by Childress 32-0 is a shock to me.
That is a total of 5 pts in two games for Iowa Park.
Jared Lytle, Dusty Ross, Brown, those kids are good players that bust their tails... what is going on?

Da Mules
09-18-2007, 09:20 PM
dunno what's going on at IP, but that's a heck of a fall-off from last year.
Childress on the other hand is a very good team and I believe they will beat Stratford in the Division II bi-district round playoffs this year, and make a deep DII run.

VWG
09-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
dunno what's going on at IP, but that's a heck of a fall-off from last year.
Childress on the other hand is a very good team and I believe they will beat Stratford in the Division II bi-district round playoffs this year, and make a deep DII run.

Look out for Taylor's Wildcats down in Idalou. Pretty good win for them over Littlefield last week. If Idalou can get Reagan to throw with more accuracy they could be a team to watch in Region 1.

westcoast54
09-18-2007, 09:29 PM
IP needs to start developing QB's in the Junior High.

Da Mules
09-18-2007, 09:33 PM
they were dang strong last year, and didn't lose very much to graduation. They will of course try to punish the receivers and pressure the QB. We expect a tough game, and I guarantee you da Mules will be fired up!:) They didn't appreciate getting their tails whipped last year :mad:

Da Mules
09-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
IP needs to start developing QB's in the Junior High.

Muleshoe is always weak in kicking. Most years we're lucky if we can kickoff to the opponent's 20-yard line. I don't know why they don't work harder on that :doh: