PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Vs. Orangefield

j-dub05
11-11-2002, 10:29 PM
My prediction- Liberty by 21. Orangefield is a decent team, but that wont do against Liberty. A Moss & S Havard will shut Sauceda down like they did to Carrington and the RB from Coldsprings, Cleveland, and Splendora. No, they didnt beat Coldsprings or BH, the beat theirselves. they had BH on the ropes for 3 quarters but killed themselves on turnovers. same thing with coldsprings. they are a much more mature team and will go deep in the playoffs. E Moss will have 200 yards, A moss & S havard will both have over 15 tackles and s smart will have 150 passing. He is mature for a sophomore and will not be afraid of the inferior wildcats.
Orangefield is way over-rated.

-The other #10

BigRed01
11-11-2002, 10:55 PM
Goodness, ya'll sound like ya'll got a powerhouse over in Liberty, like OF is just so far beneath the mighty Panther's. Is this the same liberty that was crushed by Bridge City and Barber's Hill. I think you are really going to get a shock. Orangefield, my bet is they really do beat ya'll by 14 points. 21 points! Liberty is no BH or BC, and that's probably the only teams that can put up those kinda numbers on OF. I know you are Bias and want your team to win, but 21 over an 8-2 OF team is a little much.

FBmania
11-11-2002, 11:24 PM
BigRed01, I personally am pulling for Liberty but it just blows my mind why someone would post something like that. From my experience this past season with Liberty fans, the people doing the smack talking are not the players. There are a few fans who just can't help themselves. I mean why would you give your opponent bulletin board material.

I know every town has a few fans like that! But people!, don't disrespect your opponents.

I think all three match-ups between these two districts are going to be good games. So strap it on and then Let's get it on!! Go 22-3A

AP_OLB_1
11-11-2002, 11:47 PM
im gonna have to pull for orangefield on this one... when we played them, they started slow and we got ahead by 10... but in the second half.. there offense became too overwelming (expecially sauceda #44). they came out with a powerfull running game that #44 ran for at least 300 in the 2nd half.. havnt got to see liberty that much but im predicting OF over Liberty 28-14

trojandad
11-11-2002, 11:54 PM
Well said FBMania. We need to pull for our teams and let sleepin dogs lie.

I just watched a tape of Hardin-Orangefield and it does appear that Orangefield outlasted Hardin in the 3rd and 4th qtr, soaked field and all. I still think that Liberty has the line to be tough with Sauceda all night.

I still think Liberty holds the edge with home field, but I will be very surprised if either team wins by 14 or more. But am rooting for Liberty to go to the second round.

FBmania
11-12-2002, 12:05 AM
trojandad:
Well said FBMania. We need to pull for our teams and let sleepin dogs lie.

I just watched a tape of Hardin-Orangefield and it does appear that Orangefield outlasted Hardin in the 3rd and 4th qtr, soaked field and all. I still think that Liberty has the line to be tough with Sauceda all night.

I still think Liberty holds the edge with home field, but I will be very surprised if either team wins by 14 or more. But am rooting for Liberty to go to the second round.TrojanDad, I plan on attending your game with Hardin, I hope to see a good game with CTs coming out victorious!!

<small>[ November 11, 2002, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

AggieJohn
11-12-2002, 12:40 AM
AP_OLB_1:
im gonna have to pull for orangefield on this one... when we played them, they started slow and we got ahead by 10... but in the second half.. there offense became too overwelming (expecially sauceda #44). they came out with a powerfull running game that #44 ran for at least 300 in the 2nd half.. havnt got to see liberty that much but im predicting OF over Liberty 28-14ya hear that borfmen...that makes the official count

An Orangefield win-34

A Liberty win - 2

Don't worry..just come ready to do dat dance after the panther win

BigRed01
11-12-2002, 05:09 AM
FBMania, I am not talking smack, I just think it is very arrogant for someone to say Orangefield is "way overrated" and a "decent team, but no match for Liberty". That is truely insane to me. I still pick OF over Liberty by 14. Not out of bias, because I am a Cardinal fan. I think Liberty has come a long way, but to pick them 21 points over an 8-2 bobcat team, that has just as many weapons as Liberty if not more is not only bias, but is the definition of smack talking. Maybe the Liberty fans are right, and you may well be, but my hunch is the bobcats will give ya'll all you can handle and maybe a little more.

FBmania
11-12-2002, 11:42 AM
BigRed01:
FBMania, I am not talking smack, I just think it is very arrogant for someone to say Orangefield is "way overrated" and a "decent team, but no match for Liberty". That is truely insane to me. I still pick OF over Liberty by 14. Not out of bias, because I am a Cardinal fan. I think Liberty has come a long way, but to pick them 21 points over an 8-2 bobcat team, that has just as many weapons as Liberty if not more is not only bias, but is the definition of smack talking. Maybe the Liberty fans are right, and you may well be, but my hunch is the bobcats will give ya'll all you can handle and maybe a little more.To BigRed01, I was actually referring to the same poster you were. I didn't mean that you were talking smack. I would have responded in the same way. Hope to see some real good battles this weekend!

AP_OLB_1
11-12-2002, 11:49 AM
when, where, and what time is the game gonna be??? would really like to watch this game also i think it will be a good one.. hoping that it isnt the same day as barbers hill and bridge city.. planning to watch that one too

LP-DB
11-12-2002, 09:12 PM
Listen before anymore remarks are made about that first post by J-DUB..I don't know who that is but hope to soon find out..don't listen to him, he for sure don't play Varsity ball noone on our team would predict such numbers..i am predicting a liberty win of course..but not with them stats..i believe this game will be a very hard fought matchup..hopefully injury free.

Lets Go liberty!

AggieJohn
11-13-2002, 01:45 PM
blaine...hey jdub is joel w...and dude..he's pulling for ya all the way..he's happy to be a panther and want's to defend you all the way....don't knock him....

ej2525
11-13-2002, 02:08 PM
I am going ot have to go with Orangefield on this one. OF has had a great season thus far and quite surprising to me personally. Liberty's record and past outcome of games against BC & BH make me believe they do not have what it takes to win this one. But, they do have home field advantage which may have a factor in the outcome. I still think the Kats will prevail.

<small>[ November 13, 2002, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: ej2525 ]</small>

trojandad
11-13-2002, 02:49 PM
Thanks FBMania, come eat some bbq with us before the game, we'll have the grill going. We'll be in Baytown on Saturday as well, rooting for you guys.

And as for the game, if Orangefield does win, its not because of Liberty's efforts against BH or BC, Orangefield is a tough team, but I don't believe anyone outside of Orangefield thinks they are in a league with BC or BH. If anyone wins, more than a touchdown spread would be surprising. Both teams are tough. I'm still believing the homefield advantage is going to be tough to overcome on 2 equally matched teams.

I gotta root for district buds. Go Cats!!

trojandad
11-13-2002, 02:50 PM
Cats as in Panthers, my bad. LOL

LP-DB
11-13-2002, 07:31 PM
hey i wasn't talkin down on joel w. I was just sayin stop postin outrageous stats..but its all cool we will see the outcome friday night..

# 80

AggieJohn
11-13-2002, 08:45 PM
LP-DB:
hey i wasn't talkin down on joel w. I was just sayin stop postin outrageous stats..but its all cool we will see the outcome friday night..

# 80okay..dude..it's cool....but think about it...ideally they should get these stats though...it's reasonable...200 yards for moss....it's not too far out there...it'll be a challenge..and i can see havard and moss getting fifteen tackles together....havard had 15 alone last week..and if you think about shane getting 150 yrds passing that should make you happy...means you'll be getting the ball....haha...anyway...stay Krunk or crunk..whatever it is...and focused..and let me record a good game...come talk to my tail before the game if you see me on the field..i'll get you on somehow...later...

AggieJohn
11-13-2002, 08:48 PM
LP-DB:

# 80okay..dude..it's cool....but think about it...ideally they should get these stats though...it's reasonable...200 yards for moss....it's not too far out there...it'll be a challenge..and i can see havard and moss getting fifteen tackles together....havard had 15 alone last week..and if you think about shane getting 150 yrds passing that should make you happy...means you'll be getting the ball....haha...anyway...stay Krunk or crunk..whatever it is...and focused..and let me record a good game...come talk to my tail before the game if you see me on the field..i'll get you on somehow...later...

redneckplayer010
11-13-2002, 09:56 PM
if i were to predict this game of how i dream it will be liberty will win by 50 MILLIONS!!!... orangefield -10 Millions, Liberty 40 MILLIONS...

hehe.. but that is just a dream of course... i think this game will be close, and we've had some very physical practices and i wish luck to both teams to be "crunk and focused" so that the action will be exciting for both teams...

on a personal note... the BO-camotive is steaming and he wishes me to tell you that he is all too capable of demolishing all weaklings in his path of destruction... just a thought

ha... but seriously... this friday is going to be exciting!!!!

Brahma73
11-13-2002, 10:57 PM
I love the "spirited" exchange between you 2 schools and your fans. You're obviously both rich in fan support and tradition. If Bellville plays like it should Friday, I'll be in the stands next week across from one of you. Sounds like it'll be a blast! Wish I could see your war.
Good luck and good health to you both.

AggieJohn
11-13-2002, 11:50 PM
Brahma73:
I love the "spirited" exchange between you 2 schools and your fans. You're obviously both rich in fan support and tradition. If Bellville plays like it should Friday, I'll be in the stands next week across from one of you. Sounds like it'll be a blast! Wish I could see your war.
Good luck and good health to you both.hey how did your opponent get in the playoffs with a 3-7 record

Brahma73
11-14-2002, 12:07 AM
Hey EP2001! 3-7 gets you there these days if 3 were in district. Personally not a big fan of the 3 teams go deal. (Not sure if Buffs were 2nd or 3rd.) Then a lot of these 3-7's stay home. Word is they played "tough" pre-district (so did we and you) and the games were all close. If they kick our tails, then we'll both look stupid, huh? Hope to see you next week!

exbccards76'smom
11-14-2002, 02:43 PM
Orangefield may be a small school, but there support is trememdouse. Good luck to Orangefield!! http://ubb.trianglefootball.net/ubb/ubbgobigred.gif

AggieJohn
11-14-2002, 03:04 PM
exbccards76'smom:
Orangefield may be a small school, but there support is trememdouse. Good luck to Orangefield!! Why no love towards Liberty!!!

BigRed01
11-14-2002, 04:20 PM
Bobcats by 14........Orangefield 31 Liberty 17

I think Liberty has a good team, but OF is definitely rolling right now

L.P #72-BRUNO-
11-14-2002, 07:00 PM
--2--&gt; Orangefield and all other doubters that think Liberty isnt going to win:
I have to break it down to ya'll, but Liberty has a way better O-line and better backs than OF and our Defense is awesome too, and they can surely stop any back that ya'll have. Especially #44 (Sauceda) he's ya'll only key player, but he can surely be stopped from all of that running by the Bo-camotive #32 and Moss #20 "da linebackers" and the D-line . Sauceda might of ran all over other teams that ya'll have played but tomorrow night i guarantee that the defense is going to put that to a stop and to the rest of ya'lls offense. so to all the other doubters just come out and see us Liberty Panthers beat up on some Orangefield Bobcats!

AggieJohn
11-14-2002, 07:38 PM
L.P #72-BRUNO-:
--2--&gt; Orangefield and all other doubters that think Liberty isnt going to win:
I have to break it down to ya'll, but Liberty has a way better O-line and better backs than OF and our Defense is awesome too, and they can surely stop any back that ya'll have. Especially #44 (Sauceda) he's ya'll only key player, but he can surely be stopped from all of that running by the Bo-camotive #32 and Moss #20 "da linebackers" and the D-line . Sauceda might of ran all over other teams that ya'll have played but tomorrow night i guarantee that the defense is going to put that to a stop and to the rest of ya'lls offense. so to all the other doubters just come out and see us Liberty Panthers beat up on some Orangefield Bobcats!Nothing but love...but it sounds like a mafia threat...like john is part of the mob....and then it's ironic because his last name is bruno!

RBARKER
11-14-2002, 10:16 PM
I will give liberty credit their Defense is good. When they played BH they shut Perry C. down. BH had to come out after the half and make some adjustments or that game could have been lost. If Liberty hangs on to the ball and plays the D they showed BH, Orangfield will be sitting home the rest of the season. Good luck liberty by 14.

redneckplayer010
11-14-2002, 10:20 PM
maybe these bc people wouldn't diss us so bad if they knew my grannie lives in orange, and that town is like a second home to me, but apparently i shouldn't stray to far down 87 or the adults in that town will swoop and peck my eyes out... get it... cardinals, peck- ehh, not so funny, but i'm just trying to maybe have the bridge city people at least say that they might one day like liberty

AggieJohn
11-14-2002, 10:29 PM
redneckplayer010:
maybe these bc people wouldn't diss us so bad if they knew my grannie lives in orange, and that town is like a second home to me, but apparently i shouldn't stray to far down 87 or the adults in that town will swoop and peck my eyes out... get it... cardinals, peck- ehh, not so funny, but i'm just trying to maybe have the bridge city people at least say that they might one day like libertytheir mad because they know that we always beat their math team!!!...hahaha..

AggieJohn
11-14-2002, 10:31 PM
RBARKER:
I will give liberty credit their Defense is good. When they played BH they shut Perry C. down. BH had to come out after the half and make some adjustments or that game could have been lost. If Liberty hangs on to the ball and plays the D they showed BH, Orangfield will be sitting home the rest of the season. Good luck liberty by 14.dude your a class act...i respect your opinion....thanks

Birdman
11-14-2002, 10:37 PM
Yeah, that's it, the math team wink BC doesn't dislike Liberty. The last 4 times we played, you have been very nice to us. :D

redneckplayer010
11-14-2002, 10:38 PM
rbarker is one of the truly class acts on this board and he speaks the truth, but again... bh did play us during our turnaround and respects what we were beginning to do with our game

AggieJohn
11-14-2002, 11:03 PM
Birdman:
Yeah, that's it, the math team wink BC doesn't dislike Liberty. The last 4 times we played, you have been very nice to us. :D uhh...how could we have not been nice to you...yall won!!!

AggieJohn
11-14-2002, 11:04 PM
redneckplayer010:
rbarker is one of the truly class acts on this board and he speaks the truth, but again... bh did play us during our turnaround and respects what we were beginning to do with our gamea-flippin-men

3ABirdMan
11-15-2002, 12:17 AM
explayer2001:

exbccards76'smom:
Orangefield may be a small school, but there support is trememdouse. Good luck to Orangefield!! Why no love towards Liberty!!!I only speak for myself, but.............. :mad:

IT'S BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SEEM TO REPLY TO ANYTHING WITHOUT A QUOTE!

DUDE...LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE WEB PAGE, THERE'S THIS THING NAMED 'POST REPLY'. WHEN YOU CLICK THAT
-IT LET'S YOU TYPE WITHOUT HAVING TO QUOTE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE TYPED
-WHICH MAKES THE THREAD SHORTER
-WHICH MAKES FOR EASIER READING
-WHICH KEEPS DOWN THE EYE STRAIN AND STRESS LEVEL
-SO NO-ONE GETS TIRED OF SEEING YOUR 3 PANTHERS TROT ACROSS THE SCREEN
-AND START NOT LOVING LIBERTY! :D

(OK, I'm joking about everything but the quote part - I really do find it tiring) :p

bheagledad22
11-15-2002, 12:31 AM
orangefield will not beat liberty. moss and that strong offensive line will be to much for orangefield. good luck to all dis-22-3A playoff teams.bheagledad22

trojandad
11-15-2002, 12:34 AM
3ABirdman, I gotta root for BH and Liberty, district brothers in spite of some of their posts.

But I gotta tell ya, yours is the funniest post I've read in years. Spit coke thru my nose when I read it. Laughed my butt off. While supporting the panthers, cudos to you, my friend. I owe you for the best laugh in a while. Good luck to your bunch.

FBmania
11-15-2002, 11:24 AM
:D

HoHoHo
11-15-2002, 11:55 AM
Orangefield in this one by 20 points. Liberty can't hang with the OF offense.

Brahma73
11-15-2002, 05:20 PM
Finally, you guys are gonna settle this thing! It's been a blast watching the "game before the game," but you're down to the nut cuttin' now. Play hard, stay healthy, and I can't wait to see who does the deed. Sounds like you fans are in for a classic! What a trememdous night for football!!

With any luck, the Brahmas get the winner next week. Look forward to seeing one of you. Good luck to both of you.