PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Baugh Classic Updates

GetRDoneStangs
09-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Gane 1: Roscoe vs. Christoval

Not too pretty.....unless you where in the purple of the Plowboys!

Roscoe 63
Christoval 3

Roscoe has to be one of the best 1A (currently #2) in the state. I mean they are good! They have great size and Loads of skill players.They may not be chalanged to WAY down the road.

There was a really nice crowd (Lots of Sweetwater folks!) as expected.
The wireless internet was not working too well at the Bowl tonight...may have to rely on the "Downlowers" to text the updates tomorrow!!

Everyone drive safe and we will see you tomorrow!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

GetRDoneStangs
09-15-2007, 12:15 AM
What a Second...Broadcasting the Youth League Game..on radio????

It wil happen for the locals that can tune in 96.7 or 1240.

How many YFL games are on the raio?? This one will be....it is for the kids!!!

Great PR from the Abilene TV stations...About tomorrows games...lets go with they have to say....

West Texas..Big Country...the games to se are in Mustang Bowl...see ya there!!

Cameron Crazy
09-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Good win for roscoe!

DU_stud04
09-15-2007, 12:53 AM
id be very suprised if they dont go deep(all the way) this year. theyve been playing young for the past 3 years on varsity now and now theyre all aged and experienced. good group of seniors that want nothing less than a state championship this year and they finally have all the right parts to get the there.

GetRDoneStangs
09-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Satuurdays Results:

Sweerwater Jr PeeWee 12
Abilene Raiders 8

This was a really good game to watch!! This bunch of kids (5th graders I think) are really talented and play very well for their age. (Both teams) I look forward to wach these kids grow up!!

Sweetwater 44
Decatur 28

Wow!! It was great to see the Mustangs get on track!! Just a great performance all around, way to go Stangs! Decatur was a class act all around and enjoyed having them as a part of the Classic.

They did have 2 players taken to the hopital..one by car and one by ambulance. I visited with the coaches and recieved information but was asked not to release it.

Please keep the Decatur players in your prayers!!!

Snyder 28
Marlin 12

Snyder's Clay is a hoss..period! He may not have ran up as many yards as his first 2 games, none the less a steller performance.

A Marlin player was taken to the hopital (from the sidelines)...not sure of the extent of his injuries.

Lets keep the Marlin folks in our prayers as well.

For all these players to be injured and taken to the hopital is one thing..being a long ways from home makes it a bit tougher.

jmcgee
09-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Satuurdays Results:

Sweerwater Jr PeeWee 12
Abilene Raiders 8

This was a really good game to watch!! This bunch of kids (5th graders I think) are really talented and play very well for their age. (Both teams) I look forward to wach these kids grow up!!

that game is a rematch of the yfl championship in abilene 2 years ago. both teams have awesome D.

TheDOCTORdre
09-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by jmcgee
that game is a rematch of the yfl championship in abilene 2 years ago. both teams have awesome D.
whats up joe

GetRDoneStangs
09-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by jmcgee

Thats right...These kids really know football very well...Good coaching as well to teach these kids. That is why we make them a part of the Sammy Baugh, it is a tribute to young players and coaches that are dedicated to the sport!

DaHop72
09-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Satuurdays Results:

Sweerwater Jr PeeWee 12
Abilene Raiders 8

Sweetwater 44
Decatur 28

Wow!! It was great to see the Mustangs get on track!! Just a great performance all around, way to go Stangs! Decatur was a class act all around and enjoyed having them as a part of the Classic.

They did have 2 players taken to the hopital..one by car and one by ambulance. I visited with the coaches and recieved information but was asked not to release it.

Please keep the Decatur players in your prayers!!!

Snyder 28
Marlin 12

Snyder's Clay is a hoss..period! He may not have ran up as many yards as his first 2 games, none the less a steller performance.

A Marlin player was taken to the hopital (from the sidelines)...not sure of the extent of his injuries.

Lets keep the Marlin folks in our prayers as well.

For all these players to be injured and taken to the hopital is one thing..being a long ways from home makes it a bit tougher. We found out from a MarlinFan that the player had an asthma attack.

Actually, the BRAT found out for us.:D

GetRDoneStangs
09-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
We found out from a MarlinFan that the player had an asthma attack.

Actually, the BRAT found out for us.:D

Thanks for the update...Good to see ya at the Sweetwater game, sorry I missed everyone at the Snyder game!!!
Good to se everyone, Hope the picture turned out ok???

Matthew328
09-15-2007, 11:48 PM
It was great to meet everyone!

pirate4state
09-15-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
It was great to meet everyone!

but especially ME :p

jmcgee
09-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
whats up joe
what up drew

pirate4state
09-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Good to se everyone, Hope the picture turned out ok???

d_bird is suppose to get the pictures to us.

Matthew328
09-16-2007, 08:35 PM
it may be time for some new turf also in Sweetwater...the end zones are pink instead of red..LOL

wildstangs
09-16-2007, 08:42 PM
it may be time for some new turf also in Sweetwater...the end zones are pink instead of red..LOL

Yeah, that does look bad. I wonder if they can paint that stuff. Might be a good idea to cover the end zones up when the stadium isn't in use.

Matthew328
09-16-2007, 09:48 PM
It used to be red right?

DaHop72
09-16-2007, 09:54 PM
It used to be red right? Bright red.

cr180t
09-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Bright red.

So was Da Hop at one time