Originally posted by Go Blue
You guys are gullbile. I don't know the score :D

noted!

hhsgrad06
09-14-2007, 10:26 PM
37-16 hutto with a min. left.

HipposGitErDun
09-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Just got home from the game. Hutto played OK tonight. The final score was 37-18. Our pass defense gave up about 10 big plays including all of their scores. We ran the ball well tonight as usual. No major injuries to report.

Cameron Crazy
09-15-2007, 12:55 AM
The hippos come out with a BIG win!

Lombardi
09-15-2007, 02:20 AM
I saw the game too.. Gonzales had 3 TD's called back.....Should have been closer..

ILS1
09-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Lombardi
I saw the game too.. Gonzales had 3 TD's called back.....Should have been closer..

3?? I remember maybe ONE!!! How many holding penalties did the Gonzales LT have around 8?? He should've had around 30!!! He tackled,dragged to the ground,mugged and tried to dance with the Hutto DE all night. The Gonzales coaches eventually pulled him out of the game!! If Hutto's Swiss Cheese of a pass defense doesn't improve, some team with a great QB is gonna eat them alive!! They need to get a better pass rush on the QB. They made the Gonzales QB look like an All-Stater. He probably had over 300 yards passing. Don't get me wrong. He was very tough and had a good arm. He found holes in the Hutto's pourous Zone coverage defense. He took a couple of good licks as well. He threw over the top of the defense alot and got a couple of huge plays. Hutto had alot of chances but give Gonzales D some credit they played tough. #12 Burton from Gonzales is a special athlete!!! Very fast and good hands!! Good luck to the Apaches the rest of the year.

:D :D

hutex04
09-15-2007, 10:14 AM
lucky for hutto, Liberty Hill and Giddings arnt much of a passing threat

52madmidget
09-15-2007, 10:22 AM
LH had 3 touchdown passes of 90+,50+, 30+ yards last night against gatesville. I know that wasnt a tough team, but dont count LH out in the passing game. They will do what they do best and that is the running game, but the minute you fall into believing that they are one dimensional, they will eat you alive.

HipposGitErDun
09-15-2007, 11:20 AM
I attempt to be unbiased in the observation of games and my posts on this and other boards. With that said, Gonzales O-Line held blantantly on 90% of the pass plays. It is very easy to pick apart a pass defense when the rushing defensive lineman are doing the tango with the opposing O-Line.

Hutto does have some coverage issues, but without the holds by the O-Line for Gonzales, the QB would have been running for his life instead of taking 5 or 6 unhurried seconds to wait for a receiver to come open.

Gonzales does have some nice players, their fans are great and we enjoyed the trip down 183. I do not want to take anything away from them, but their O-Line could use some technique training on pass blocking.

As to the comment that it should have been closer, Hutto failed to score in the red zone a few times and the second team offense drove down the field in the last 4 minutes and took a knee to end the game.

ILS1
09-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by HipposGitErDun
I attempt to be unbiased in the observation of games and my posts on this and other boards. With that said, Gonzales O-Line held blantantly on 90% of the pass plays. It is very easy to pick apart a pass defense when the rushing defensive lineman are doing the tango with the opposing O-Line.

Hutto does have some coverage issues, but without the holds by the O-Line for Gonzales, the QB would have been running for his life instead of taking 5 or 6 unhurried seconds to wait for a receiver to come open.

Gonzales does have some nice players, their fans are great and we enjoyed the trip down 183. I do not want to take anything away from them, but their O-Line could use some technique training on pass blocking.

As to the comment that it should have been closer, Hutto failed to score in the red zone a few times and the second team offense drove down the field in the last 4 minutes and took a knee to end the game.

Great input GetErDun!!! :clap: :clap:

HippoBaseball05
09-15-2007, 11:51 AM

I really don't know where to start....

First of all, as it has been stated ad nauseum, their LT #62 was a holding machine. We had some grandmothers yelling to the nearside linejudge to watch him it was so blatant.

Next I guess we could address the actions of the Hastings brothers.... Why would you start bobbing your head when you make a tackle for no gain? For future reference, it looks kinda stupid when you're down by 20 and the defense in general is getting run over.

Third, whomever plays Gonzalez the rest of the season needs to keep their heads up. Some of their kids don't know that the whistle signifies the end of a play. In addition, defensive lines may want to really pay attention when pass rushing... If you aren't getting held, you are most likely going to get your knees dove at or worse, chop blocked.

ILS1
09-15-2007, 01:01 PM
I didn't realize it until last night that Hutto has a new Defensive Coordinator. Maybe because it looked like alot of the same schemes and strategies as last year. The old DC is now the new AD/HC @ 1A Bartlett. Hopefully, it's just a learning curve or adjustment period they are going thru right now!!

ILS1
09-15-2007, 01:04 PM
If you aren't getting held, you are most likely going to get your knees dove at or worse, chop blocked.

How could I forget all the chop block penalties as well???

hutex04
09-15-2007, 09:08 PM
coach bujanou is at bartlette now?! how are they doing this year?

JT44
09-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
I really don't know where to start....

First of all, as it has been stated ad nauseum, their LT #62 was a holding machine. We had some grandmothers yelling to the nearside linejudge to watch him it was so blatant.

Next I guess we could address the actions of the Hastings brothers.... Why would you start bobbing your head when you make a tackle for no gain? For future reference, it looks kinda stupid when you're down by 20 and the defense in general is getting run over.

Third, whomever plays Gonzalez the rest of the season needs to keep their heads up. Some of their kids don't know that the whistle signifies the end of a play. In addition, defensive lines may want to really pay attention when pass rushing... If you aren't getting held, you are most likely going to get your knees dove at or worse, chop blocked.

Your preaching to the choir when you talk about the head bobbing of those two brother and one cousin....cuero's been seeing that for three years on the b-ball court, last year only one of them played football, this year the new coach got the other two to play

As far as the game goes, Bird has racked up 300 plus yards passing every game this year.....so maybe he is good and the holding might just be "frustration" b/c gonzales put up a fight.

ILS1
09-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
coach bujanou is at bartlette now?! how are they doing this year?

Bartlett is 0-3 but they have been in rebuilding mode for about 5 years now. This is Coach Bujnoch 1st year. Games have been close tho:

Date Opponent Site Score
08/31/2007 @ Florence (25-2A) lost: 12-21
09/07/2007 @ Valley Mills (13-1A) lost: 17-24
09/14/2007 Rogers (25-2A) lost: 6-14

hutex04
09-15-2007, 11:32 PM
id say that Rogers came would be impressive but I know Rogers has been down the last few years

Lombardi
09-16-2007, 09:23 AM
early in the third quarter the Gonzales coach took 62 out of the game and did not play him the rest of the night.He held, no question about it, and it really hurt the gonzales team, He cost them some big plays.As far the game, hutto scored on the first play of the game with a toss pass and than blocked a punt and received the ball on gonzales 1 yard line.It was 14 -0 and Hutto had ran 2 offensive plays... Gonzales responded twice after being down 24-6 at the half. Cut the lead to to 24-12 and 30-18...The gonzales team never quit playing. They dug themselves a big hole and the Hippos didn't let them out of it. Hutto won and has a good team The Hippos do not make many mistakes...Good luck to both Teams....