PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny at BPort

JDOG
09-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Any predictions? BPort seems pretty good this year!

pololdb
09-14-2007, 12:27 PM
dogs by 6

JDOG
09-14-2007, 02:34 PM
I'd like to go with that but I'm afraid their speed is too much. I saw them play WC and I think the big plays will hurt.

BPort by 14

necks_c/09
09-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by JDOG
I'd like to go with that but I'm afraid their speed is too much. I saw them play WC and I think the big plays will hurt.

BPort by 14 i agree, b'port is definitely no pushover but i do think this game will be closer....

ill say b'port by 7-10

gato 76
09-14-2007, 07:58 PM
I take the ships in this one 28-14.

tigerpride_08
09-14-2007, 11:06 PM
any updates?:confused:

gato 76
09-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
any updates?:confused:

I know that B-Port won i think something like 20-7.

JDOG
09-15-2007, 07:58 AM
BPort 21-3. Sweeny had 3 oppurtunities early inside their 5 yard line and got 3 points. Sweeny was movng the ball well until some injuries to the offensive line. The y could not run then and Bport started bringing everybody and had no time to throw. The defense did a good job and kept White contained for the most part but BPort has great speed at Tb and QB. Just hope the injuries aren't too bad. We'll need those kids for District and we got a lot of them banged up.

pololdb
09-15-2007, 11:38 AM
the injury to the lineman was key in the demise of sweeny's offense but it was not the key. The quaterback was not totally at fault neither. The offensive coaching staff did about as good a job as lloyd carr. If you know your quaterback is not fast at all, and doesn't have a very strong arm, why would you keep trying to run the bootleg. the defense started sitting on the out route because it was the only one he could get the ball to. Bport coaches did a much better job adjusting than than the Bulldogs. Congrats to the exporters, and good luck next week Dogs.

P.S.

I was told earlier that my comments ruffled feathers in the community. That is great. Maybe now everyone won't be afraid to speak out about the obvious. Personally I have nothing agianst any of the coaches. But looking at the facts and watching the team play personally, they have let the team down. The team motto is, "One heartbeat, one team." It seams that everyone is believing, except the offensive coaching staff.

cropduster
09-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by pololdb
the injury to the lineman was key in the demise of sweeny's offense but it was not the key. The quaterback was not totally at fault neither. The offensive coaching staff did about as good a job as lloyd carr. If you know your quaterback is not fast at all, and doesn't have a very strong arm, why would you keep trying to run the bootleg. the defense started sitting on the out route because it was the only one he could get the ball to. Bport coaches did a much better job adjusting than than the Bulldogs. Congrats to the exporters, and good luck next week Dogs.

P.S.

I was told earlier that my comments ruffled feathers in the community. That is great. Maybe now everyone won't be afraid to speak out about the obvious. Personally I have nothing agianst any of the coaches. But looking at the facts and watching the team play personally, they have let the team down. The team motto is, "One heartbeat, one team." It seams that everyone is believing, except the offensive coaching staff.

Coach Zajicek and staff do a great job. Playoffs the last two years plus a district championship. Not to shabby.

Why don't you get your degree, coach a few pee-wee games and put in for the job next time it opens up.

JDOG
09-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by pololdb

P.S.

I was told earlier that my comments ruffled feathers in the community. That is great. Maybe now everyone won't be afraid to speak out about the obvious. Personally I have nothing agianst any of the coaches. But looking at the facts and watching the team play personally, they have let the team down. The team motto is, "One heartbeat, one team." It seams that everyone is believing, except the offensive coaching staff. You keep trying to bootleg because your offensive line is NOT giving you any protection and your rolling awaay from the pass rush. BPort coaches did a lot better job of having two athletes with better speed than we have and thats it in a nutshell. Other than that we hung in there and kept their QB contained pretty well. Sometimes no matter what you think coaching is not always the problem. Sometimes there is just not as much talent. This senior class didn't win a game until they were sophomores and the coaching staff has done a good job just getting them to a level where they can compete. And if you think the other QB would have solved the problem while he was getting killed with the rush I think your sadly mistaken. He was out there on defense when they made their run and it didn't look like he wanted any of the contact. Our offensive line has to improve and everything else will. Everyone knew coming in it was going to be a problem.

maestro
09-16-2007, 12:03 PM
hope that the injuries are not severe..

hate to read about injuries..

raider red 2000
09-16-2007, 08:26 PM
seems like B PORT should be the district champ of our district :)

beat.

Wharton
WC
Sweeny.

JDOG
09-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
seems like B PORT should be the district champ of our district :)

beat.

Wharton
WC
Sweeny. Yea. Unfortunately they have to go play their own district and I think they better enjoy it while they can. Santa Fe may be their only win in District.

raider red 2000
09-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by JDOG
Yea. Unfortunately they have to go play their own district and I think they better enjoy it while they can. Santa Fe may be their only win in District.

yes i know...but heck they look better than in the past...and they are on their 3rd HC in 3 years.

Uncle Buck
09-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Congrats to the Port. Good luck.

Hey pololdb, whats your problem?

The offensive coaching staff does a great job, so lay off, other wise follow crobusters advice and suit up.