View Full Version : Coach! Wrong Ball

tortilla_man
09-13-2007, 11:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YnnnnyMjCw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkA3nxuMJoM

what are some other great trick plays

VAMike
09-14-2007, 04:12 AM
Here we go, again! ILLEGAL play in NCAA and Texas HS ball.

Rabbit'93
09-14-2007, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by VAMike
Here we go, again! ILLEGAL play in NCAA and Texas HS ball. So what's wrong with posting the video? It might not be illegal where ever they where playnig in the film.

rockdale80
09-14-2007, 08:05 AM

So why are they illegal?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-14-2007, 08:08 AM

I'm not sure that I understand? You can use the same type of snap on a swinging gate as was used on that play. I'm not saying that you're wrong, just curious is all.

VAMike
09-14-2007, 08:09 AM
The wrong ball play or shoe plays are illegal because they are considered "using equipment to deceive". And on the various referee forums where this is discussed, it appears it is illegal even in states that do not use NCAA rules.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-14-2007, 08:11 AM
The wrong ball play or shoe plays are illegal because they are considered "using equipment to deceive". And on the various referee forums where this is discussed, it appears it is illegal even in states that do not use NCAA rules.

Hmm, that is interesting and one rule that I did not know about. There I went thinking I knew everything, but now I'm sure I do. ;) :D

rockdale80
09-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Hmm, that is interesting and one rule that I did not know about. There I went thinking I knew everything, but now I'm sure I do. ;) :D

Weird. I didnt know that was illegal. I dont think it shold be either....but that is just me.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-14-2007, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Weird. I didnt know that was illegal. I dont think it shold be either....but that is just me.

Yeah, the point of running a successful offense is to deceive the defense. It's really and truly the defense's fault for not being able to recognize when the ball is snapped, you don't have to be smart to see when the ball is moved and to react.

VAMike
09-14-2007, 08:33 AM
That kind of stuff is NOT football. It is sandlot and video game stuff. Thankfully the coaches who write the rulebook have realized that and kept this stuff illegal.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-14-2007, 08:35 AM
That kind of stuff is NOT football. It is sandlot and video game stuff. Thankfully the coaches who write the rulebook have realized that and kept this stuff illegal.

What do you mean it's not football? You don't have to be simple and ordinary every time and do things in a straight line. I would hate to play this game if I never had the opportunity to think outside of the box, but fortunately I do.

rockdale80
09-14-2007, 09:07 AM

Agree to disagree. I agree with BBDE. There are literally hundreds of trick plays. How about the swinging gate, etc? Trick play, yet still legal. As a defensive player, you are taught what a legal snap is, and to play from whistle to whistle.

JasperDog94
09-14-2007, 09:12 AM
That kind of stuff is NOT football. It is sandlot and video game stuff. Thankfully the coaches who write the rulebook have realized that and kept this stuff illegal. I'm with you Mike. That's Bush League and has no place being allowed.