PDA

View Full Version : Merkel vs Greenwood

GHS ranger05
11-12-2003, 07:38 PM
I wanna here what ya'll have to think about the greenwood-mrekel game this weekend. i think greenwood will take it but it will not be without a fight. it's going to be a good game. i pick greenwood 24-20.

Knightmoon
11-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Merkel Wins!!!

BigChamp05
11-12-2003, 07:45 PM
I think Greenwood will take this one along with 2 or 3 more upcoming.

GHS ranger05
11-12-2003, 07:47 PM
Ya'll have a good team but you haven't had playoff experience in 40 years. like i said it will be a good game but g-wood will take it to ya'll.

Knightmoon
11-12-2003, 07:48 PM
All kidding aside,it should be a great football game.Best of Luck-- May everyone stay injury free, play hard, and heaven forbid, have fun. I just think it pretty darn cool those Merkel Badgers get to play Greenwood first. It was going to happen sooner or later--Greenwood has a good team. For me, and my blood pressure, I would just as soon get it out of the way first. Greenwood has some offensive weapons, Merkel has a really good defense. What else could you ask for?

Knightmoon
11-12-2003, 07:51 PM
You can forget the need for playoff experience. We are hungry for some. That could work against Greenwood. You can bet Merkel will be ready.

GHS ranger05
11-12-2003, 07:53 PM
you have some really good points. g-wood does have the offensive weapons but our defense is still not as good as it can be. it'll be an intense night down in san angelo.

Knightmoon
11-12-2003, 07:54 PM
I don't know about you ,but I am looking forward to it. See you there.

GHS ranger05
11-12-2003, 07:56 PM
are you going to san angelo on saturday to watch?

Knightmoon
11-12-2003, 07:59 PM
Wouldn't miss it for anything. I haven't missed a game this year. I'll be there front and center.

Knightmoon
11-12-2003, 08:02 PM
Besides that, I don't want to be the only person left in Merkel Saturday night. Might be a wee bit lonesome in the big city Saturday.

GHS ranger05
11-12-2003, 08:06 PM
haha. i know what you mean. i have to go because i am in the band. of course if i wasn't in the band i would go anyway. i love supporting my team.

wildstangs
11-12-2003, 10:30 PM
Who can give me pretty good directions on how to find the stadium in Angelo. I will be coming in on 277 from Abilene. I hope its a full house Saturday night. I am still trying to decide which side to set on.

Ranger Mom
11-12-2003, 10:33 PM
Wildstangs, Green Ranger gave me directions from Greenwood to the Stadium. When I find them I will send them to you!

<small>[ November 12, 2003, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

Ranger Mom
11-12-2003, 10:37 PM
I don't know where 277 comes in, but I would guess it all feed into that main road (87 or Bryant ). Here are the directions he gave me:

Take 158( I believe, or 1379 to 158)towards Angelo. 158 turns into 87. Take 87, which turns into Bryant when you get into Angelo, most of the way through Angelo. Signs will start to appear but turn right on Knickerbocker. You will go past Colts stadium on your right as well as ASU and the Stadium will be on your right.

oneheartbeat
11-12-2003, 10:38 PM
i like both teams and it will be a good game to watch i'm gonna be there with the rest of my mustangs but sorry merkle i like greenwood to win go rangers!!!

wildstangs
11-12-2003, 10:38 PM
Ranger Mom:
Wildstangs, Green Ranger gave me directions from Greenwood to the Stadium. When I find them I will send them to you!Awesome. Since your helping me out I will set on the Greenwood side :)

Ranger Mom
11-12-2003, 10:46 PM
If possible I would like to meet up with oneheartbeat, Wildstangs and Knightmoon, or any other posters that will be there!!

GWOOD
11-12-2003, 10:47 PM
I think all of us from Greenwood expect our boys will be very ready to play. Most of us have been waiting for the same Greenwood players who showed for the game against a very good Andrews team.

We have one team here who has a lot of experience in the playoffs and is favored and the other team who is new to the playoffs and is the underdog. In these games, when the experienced/favored team gets off to a great start, LOOK OUT. It could be a runaway. However, when the inexperienced/underdog team stays in the game and keeps it close, they begin to gain confidence and believe they can win.

If Greenwood starts out well, I predict a big win. If Merkel hangs in tough, it could come down to a big play at the end.

Personally, and no bias here, I see a fast start and big Greenwood win!

Ranger05
11-12-2003, 10:49 PM
I dont know a bunch of players have the flu but they should all be playing in this game most of them went and got a B-12 shot so they will probably be 100% for saturday

Green Ranger
11-12-2003, 10:54 PM
You can also take the loop to save alot of lights but I really cant give directions that way as I always stay on 87 (Bryant) likewise if you get there early, Zetner's Daughter Steakhouse near the Stadium is really good place to eat. I do think the GHS band will eat there though so. Be safe in traveling.

wildstangs
11-12-2003, 10:56 PM
Ranger Mom:
If possible I would like to meet up with oneheartbeat, Wildstangs and Knightmoon, or any other posters that will be there!!I am sure we can get something going. We just need to set a time, place, and have some kind of descrition of everyone.

GWOOD
11-12-2003, 10:56 PM
Ranger Mom:
I don't know where 277 comes in, but I would guess it all feed into that main road (87 or Bryant ). Here are the directions he gave me:

Take 158( I believe, or 1379 to 158)towards Angelo. 158 turns into 87. Take 87, which turns into Bryant when you get into Angelo, most of the way through Angelo. Signs will start to appear but turn right on Knickerbocker. You will go past Colts stadium on your right as well as ASU and the Stadium will be on your right.Green Ranger has given you the right directions. Bryant Freeway is Highway 87 that runs through the city. It is probably 4-5 miles from the time you enter the city limits until you get to Knickerbocker Road and you may go through 12-15 traffic lights. If you haven't traveled that way you may begin to wonder if you have missed the turn. But don't give up. You will see Knickerbocker Road very clear when you get there.

vet93
11-12-2003, 10:59 PM
Wildstangs...I think that I may try and go to the Greenwood/Merkel game as well. If you are coming in on 277...it will merge with highway 67 just outside of san angelo. Don't take any other roads off of 277 until it hits 67. When they merge you will go a little further by the John Deere House, a big UPS complex and a few other businesses (on your right). As you pass all of these you will see two green signs. One says the Pulliam street exit and will exit right...DON'T take that exit. Keep going beyond the Pulliam exit which will be highway 67 through the Houston/Hart Expressway. This will take you towards the northern part of san angelo towards Mertzon. After you have gone a few miles you will see the exit for Highway 87. Take the 87 exit and then turn left under the overpass heading south into san angelo. This is also known as bryant freeway. You will go a mile or two through town and you will see signs for Knickerbocker. Turn right on knickerbocker and it is just like Ranger Mom told you....right after the colt's stadium...you will see the stadium. You will be able to see the lights as soon as you turn on knickerbocker. I don't know who is the home side and who is away but you and Ranger Mom will see the visitors side first the way that you are coming into the stadium. You can turn right into the visitors parking lot off of knickerbocker. For the home parking lot you would have to go down to the next traffic light and turn right and come into the stadium from the other side.

Ranger Mom
11-12-2003, 11:04 PM
I believe Greenwood is home!

Vet93 let me know if you are going and maybe we can all meet up.

I don't know if you still have my cellphone number, but I will PM it to you and Wildstangs.

oneheartbeat
11-12-2003, 11:10 PM
i'd love to meet up i'll be with the sweetwater mustang team those who go but coach is takin us on a bus but i'm sure we can meet up at the stadium or such

Ranger Mom
11-12-2003, 11:21 PM
Maybe half-time or something??

Ya'll just let me know, I will be sitting on the 50 yard line probably about half to 3/4 of the way up (depending on how big the stands are). So I can meet ya'll anywhere!!

oneheartbeat
11-12-2003, 11:38 PM
yeah half time sounds great i can try and be wherever but i'll have a cell phone with me too so i know where we all are gonna meet

Ranger Mom
11-12-2003, 11:41 PM
Hang on a second, and I will PM you my cell #.

Knightmoon
11-13-2003, 10:54 PM
Wildstang!!! Sitting on the Greenwood side??? I thought you would like to tip the scale a bit and sit on the Merkel side. More than welcome you know. We need all the help we can get.

Oh and by the way, I will be sitting on the 50 yard line about mid-way up At least that is my normal roosting spot. I will be the one wearing a purple cap.Ha Ha. And I will be the one with the camera. I plan on taking alot of pictures for my nephews scrapbook I have been working on all season. Hope to see you all there!!

<small>[ November 13, 2003, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Knightmoon ]</small>

Knightmoon
11-13-2003, 10:56 PM
Merkel practiced in the Mustang Bowl today. To all you Sweetwater folks. Thanks for the hospitality.

wildstangs
11-13-2003, 11:06 PM
Knightmoon:
Merkel practiced in the Mustang Bowl today. To all you Sweetwater folks. Thanks for the hospitality.Knightmoon!!! Check private messages!!! I changed my mind today though, and I will be on the Merkel side most likely. Glad you guys used our stadium, never does hurt to get used to the turf. Best of luck.

Ranger Mom
11-13-2003, 11:12 PM
Wildstangs...you let me down!! :(

That's okay though..I'll get over it!!

Seriously though, I would really like to meet all of ya'll and put a face with the "username"!!

wildstangs
11-13-2003, 11:13 PM
Ranger Mom:
Wildstangs...you let me down!! :(

That's okay though..I'll get over it!!

Seriously though, I would really like to meet all of ya'll and put a face with the "username"!!No offense Ranger mom. Now I am wondering which side to set on. Maybe I will split halfes :) Yeah I still wanna meet up with everyone. Maybe someone can get Knightmoons cell number, or at least a good enough descrition and everyone can meet up.

Ranger Mom
11-13-2003, 11:23 PM
Well I have yours, oneheartbeats, and Vet93 (don't know for sure if he is coming or not)!!

So if knightmoon wants to send his, I will try and arrange a 3ADL reunion!! :D

Sit where you feel you should sit!! I know how it is - my husband and I want to go to the Sweetwater game tomorrow, he thinks we should sit on Kermits side and root for them - I am kinda partial to Sweetwater (because of all you guys!!) So I understand whatever you end up doing!!

Knightmoon
11-13-2003, 11:50 PM
Wildstangs, check your PM. I sent my cell phone # so you can coordinate the Down Low gathering.

Knightmoon
11-13-2003, 11:59 PM
Ranger Mom,If I did it right, I sent you a PM also.
Good luck to the Rangers!!! Hope to meet everyone Saturday night.

vet93
11-14-2003, 09:32 AM
I should be there. Who is home and who is visitor? I will be sitting on the Greenwood side because I have family who will be there from Greenwood. I am like Switzerland though...completely neutral...I like too many people from both communities to root against either.

Ranger Mom
11-14-2003, 09:37 AM
Knightmoon, if you know any differently, let me know--but from what I have heard, Greenwood is on the HOME side!!

callandraise
11-14-2003, 02:58 PM
I plan to go to Ballinger - Iowa Park tonight,Brady-Vernon Saturday afternoon and Greenwood-Merkel Saturday night Thats what I call a good weekend.

Knightmoon
11-15-2003, 09:54 AM
Ranger Mom-- that is correct. Greenwood is on the home side.

Knightmoon
11-15-2003, 10:03 AM
Hey Vet, wear PURPLE and you will redeem yourself for sitting on the Greenwood side. Just kidding, glad you are coming to the game. I really hated to see the Ballinger/Iowa Park score last night. You know me, I have alot of respect for Ballinger in football, basketball, and any other sport. They are always playing larger schools, yet they always have a competitive team. Drive safe and hope to see you at tonight's game.

vet93
11-15-2003, 10:45 AM
Thanks Knightmoon...I am really looking forward to seeing the game tonight. I am also looking forward to putting some faces to some of my downlow friends. Good luck to Merkel...I will look for something Purple in my closet...but then to be fair I would also have to find something light blue too (remember, I am Switzerland tonight)...man...If I dress like that I will look like some kind of street walker or something wink

Knightmoon:
Hey Vet, wear PURPLE and you will redeem yourself for sitting on the Greenwood side. Just kidding, glad you are coming to the game. I really hated to see the Ballinger/Iowa Park score last night. You know me, I have alot of respect for Ballinger in football, basketball, and any other sport. They are always playing larger schools, yet they always have a competitive team. Drive safe and hope to see you at tonight's game.

Ranger Mom
11-15-2003, 11:16 AM
Hmmmm....purple and Columbia Blue--you should stick out like a sore thumb!! :p :p

Tanglefoot
11-15-2003, 11:27 AM
Why don't you all carry a sign that reads "3ADL"?
This would be easier that wearing all of those mixed color combinations. Ha!!

Ranger Mom
11-15-2003, 11:35 AM
Tanglefoot:
Why don't you all carry a sign that reads "3ADL"?
This would be easier that wearing all of those mixed color combinations. Ha!!I'd have to wear it!! I have my hands full of clappers, megaphones, pompoms, etc. I did see a lady last night who had punched holes in the top of her magaphone and was wearing it around her neck. That is GREAT idea....as a matter of fact, I think I will go do that right now!!!

Tanglefoot
11-15-2003, 11:39 AM
I can see where that could be a problem. Good luck to the Rangers tonight. I will be there in spirit.

Green Ranger
11-15-2003, 12:17 PM
For all of you traveling, be safe, Merkel fans may the best team win. An injury free good hard hitting West Texs grudge match is all I am asking for. Everybody else who will play today. Good luck and safe travel.