PDA

View Full Version : Patriots get penalty....its crappy

KTA
09-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Just seen on ESPN that they get fined 750 K

Bill gets 500K of the fine
Pats get 250K of it

And they forfeit their 2008 1st rd pick IF they make the playoffs....they got off WAY to easy

3afan
09-13-2007, 07:37 PM
I agree - especially 'cause no suspension ----- the $ means squat!

sweetwater07
09-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
I agree - especially 'cause no suspension ----- the $ means squat!

no joke Bill can write a check for that and not think twice

Txbroadcaster
09-13-2007, 07:40 PM
So the NFL has taught us

dont take a drug to help a personal problem or you will be suspended 5 games

Cheat on the field, and u lose a little spending money

Emerson1
09-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Wow. Bill cheats to win games and possibly 3 super bowls. Gets almost no penalty at all

Cowboys QB coach uses HGH to make his LIFE last longer and gets 5 games.

The pats average general game ticket cost $87. The stadium seats 68,756. They will make $5,981,772 on general seats alone, not counting 6,000 Clubhouse seating and 2,756 Suite seating

The pats signed 2 of their draft picks, they can easily trade for a first round pick anyways.

Goodell knows where the $$$ lies, he'll sacrafice a few good players to try and make the league better.

3afan
09-13-2007, 07:43 PM
and Kraft is one of the richest owners ...

bad NFL, BAD!

Txbroadcaster
09-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Cowboys QB coach uses HGH to make his LIFE last longer and gets 5 games.

It was not his life he was trying to get longer

Emerson1
09-13-2007, 07:46 PM
According to Forbes

#320 riches person in America Robert Kraft
Net Worth: $1.1 billion

KTA
09-13-2007, 07:51 PM
I expected at the very least Bill getting suspended a couple of games. Goodell just showed what kinda commish hes going to be.:mad:

JasperDog94
09-13-2007, 07:54 PM
This penalty is absolute garbage.

KTA
09-13-2007, 08:19 PM
1 mistake, if they dont make the playoffs the pats have to give up there 2nd and 3rd rd picks......its till crap though

buff4life
09-13-2007, 08:22 PM
wow...i thought it was decent...

rockdale80
09-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
wow...i thought it was decent...

I wonder how many people were in on this? Pretty shady.

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-13-2007, 08:58 PM
If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin.

Txbroadcaster
09-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin.

If your cheating your to lazy to try

AggiesAreWe
09-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Pats lose a first round draft pick if they go to playoffs, which they will. But the problem with this is, New England will still have a first rounder next year because of the Moss trade. They get San Fran's first round pick next year.

Goodell needed the money I suppose.

Jason1725
09-13-2007, 09:52 PM
This is garbage. As a Steeler fan I feel cheated, they have been cheating for years I doubt any of their titles now. What about lost money to the owners of teams they cheated? The Colts, Steelers, Panthers, Rams, Eagles, and on and on. How many games did they win by cheating? How many titles did they steal from other teams? This is a complete joke and to me the NFL=WWE. What a slap on the wrist. Belicheat should be banned from the NFL and the Jets should get the win. Investigate more to see how long they have been doing this. It undermines the whole league that they got away with this with only that punishment. What a black eye for the NFL. What else are they doing? What about the radio transmissions and the headsets going out? He has done this before. It's a terrible day to be a NFL fan.

3afan
09-13-2007, 10:02 PM
saw a statement from Belichick - he apologized for misinterpreting the rules

themsu97
09-14-2007, 05:41 AM
Cannot say that they have been cheating for a while but... Belichick was not a great coach in Cleveland then all of a suddent turns it around in New England... but he also has a good owner now as well...
NFL should have done more... maybe take away the money the PAT's make on a few home games... strip all thier #1 picks regardless of where they got it...

JasperDog94
09-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
saw a statement from Belichick - he apologized for misinterpreting the rules What a joke. "I now know that my interpretation of the rules was incorrect".

Which reminds me. I wonder if he knows the definition of "is".:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
09-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I wonder how many people were in on this? Pretty shady. I guess Romeo Carnell missed the Patriots tutorial on it :D

crzyjournalist03
09-14-2007, 09:38 AM
What's worth noting is that the fines are the maximum amount allowable under NFL rules...so as far as they go, that's the absolute best that Goodell could do.

If the Pats miss the playoffs, they lose the second and third round picks, so it's not like they're scott free if they don't lose their first round pick.

Billicheck should still have been suspended for five games, but I still think a message was sent.

Ranger Mom
09-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
It was not his life he was trying to get longer

OMG!! Thanks for giving me my first big laugh of the day!!!:p :p

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
What's worth noting is that the fines are the maximum amount allowable under NFL rules...so as far as they go, that's the absolute best that Goodell could do.

If the Pats miss the playoffs, they lose the second and third round picks, so it's not like they're scott free if they don't lose their first round pick.

Billicheck should still have been suspended for five games, but I still think a message was sent.

Yes the message is..players can be suspended for off the field problems before they are even convicted...SOME coaches can be suspended for doing something illegal to improve quality of life, but has no bearing to the actual game

A HC of a 3 time SB winning team can get caught cheating which DIRECTLY affects outcomes of games and the NFLs integrity...and he gets a chump fine, the team which has TWO #1 picks, only loses one or a 2nd and third rounder

So if they miss the play-offs, they KEEP BOTH 1st rounders..Sorry but I dont think the correct message is sent

3afan
09-14-2007, 09:57 AM
yes, Godell & the NFL are getting blasted on the airways ...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-14-2007, 10:08 AM
This is nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Wow....lost a lot of respect for the new commish. He did good with the Mike Vick deal.....but then he blows this one.

IMHO, New England should have forfeited the win over to the Jets, Bill Belichick should have been suspended for at least 4 games, and fined $1,000,000.

The NBA has no problem hitting up Mark Cuban for $1,000,000 whenever he acts a fool at Mavs games.....why can't the NFL do the same thing for something that is MUCH MUCH worse than what Mark Cuban could ever do?

NFL.....what's up with THAT? :confused:

Old Tiger
09-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Bill is slated to earn 4.2 million. Instead he will only make 3.7 :(

This is the biggest fine ever put on a coach.

3afan
09-14-2007, 10:14 AM
$500K is the max a coach can be fined in the NFL

pirate4state
09-14-2007, 10:29 AM
If you were the commish what would your penalty have been?

crzyjournalist03
09-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I'd have given Belichick the chair!!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

The fine and the picks plus at least a couple of game suspensions of the HC..SIMPLY because Goodwell told Wade Wilson he was suspending him because Coach's are held to a higher standard

pirate4state
09-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The fine and the picks plus at least a couple of game suspensions of the HC..SIMPLY because Goodwell told Wade Wilson he was suspending him because Coach's are held to a higher standard Yeah, that is bogus. What exactly does it mean to be suspended from a game in the NFL? Can the coach be at the game? Or does he have to stay home?

JR2004
09-14-2007, 10:49 AM
This whole deal is a complete joke. While the commissioner did impose the maximum allowable amount on money, he screwed up bad. He pretty much showed that the penalty you receive depends upon who you are. Just a horrible message to send to the fans of your sport.

Even though I'm not a Dallas fan, if you're Wade Wilson you've got to be one mad son of a gun right now. Goodell just sent the message loud and clear that cheating isn't that bad in his eyes. He comes down hard on Vick (as he should) but he lets Belichick and the Pats off easy.

If he had any guts he would've taken away every first day pick, (Including the one obtained through the trade) had Belichik sit out at least 4 games and then made them forfeit the game last week. You do that and you pretty much squash this entirely. Instead Belichick doesn't even have to admit that he was cheating. Everything the Pats have done since that first SB against the Rams is now going to be questioned and is tarnished. Way to go Goodell on pulling a Selig and Stern and putting your head in the sand on this one.

Jason1725
09-14-2007, 11:43 AM
I hear you, what about them messing with the headset transmissions? This is deeper than just filming defensive signals, I had faith in the new commish but he blew it BIG TIME. So cheating to win games and more than likely 3-Championships includes giving up a round 1 pick and $750.000 dollars, I think most owners would do that in a minute. And what did Belicheat say in his apology yesterday? " We have never used sideline video to obtain a competitive advantage while the game was in progress ." Does that count halftime which I would guess would mean the game is not in process, what a cheat he should be banned for life.

Old Tiger
09-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by JR2004

If he had any guts he would've taken away every first day pick, (Including the one obtained through the trade) had Belichik sit out at least 4 games and then made them forfeit the game last week. You do that and you pretty much squash this entirely. Instead Belichick doesn't even have to admit that he was cheating. Everything the Pats have done since that first SB against the Rams is now going to be questioned and is tarnished. Way to go Goodell on pulling a Selig and Stern and putting your head in the sand on this one. There are rules and punishments already set up so Goodell had to go by the book.

Jason1725
09-14-2007, 11:45 AM
I hear you, what about them messing with the headset transmissions? This is deeper than just filming defensive signals, I had faith in the new commish but he blew it BIG TIME. So cheating to win games and more than likely 3-Championships includes giving up a round 1 pick and $750.000 dollars, I think most owners would do that in a minute. And what did Belicheat say in his apology yesterday? " We have never used sideline video to obtain a competitive advantage while the game was in progress ."