PDA

View Full Version : Coachs ive got a question

KTA
09-13-2007, 05:58 PM
now im not asking you to show your identity, or anything to that nature im just curious about something. If you are a current coach at SLC how big is this game to your school. Lose and you can still win your state title, but if you win you have a DARN GOOD chance of being crowned the best in the nation. Also your not just representing SLC in this game, your representing TEXAS in general.

So my question is, would you break out the "playoff only" black pants for this game, or would you just treat this game just like any other regular season game?

Gobbla2001
09-13-2007, 06:40 PM
A better question:

Why would you schedule a team all of the way in Florida if you didn't intend to try your best to beat the hell out of them?

sweetwater07
09-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
A better question:

Why would you schedule a team all of the way in Florida if you didn't intend to try your best to beat the hell out of them?

:clap: :D

3afan
09-13-2007, 06:47 PM
the obvious answer is "Playoff type situation hoping to win it all at the end" - black pants or not

its SLC that has always waited until the post season to break out the black pants - to do so now would be breaking powerful karma :p

but heck yeah you "go all out"

KTA
09-13-2007, 06:48 PM

Maybe emerson can answer this question?

3afan
09-13-2007, 06:51 PM
KTA - no one has said anything about SLC's expected effort Saturday, just the relative importance of the actual game .. of course they are gonna try to beat the bejeebers out of them

and i'll restate, IMO this game is not as important as a TX state playoff game so i guess we'll just agree to disagree on this one

Gobbla2001
09-13-2007, 06:52 PM
treating it like a regular season game and trying to make it out healthy is for playing the scrub next door... when you're on National television playing a school from another state who thinks their football is better than your state's football, you better not just "got through the motions"...

if they do they're stupid... for their National Championship, this IS a playoff game...

KTA
09-13-2007, 06:52 PM
to do so now would be breaking powerful karma

I can understand that outlook at it, what did they wear last year against Evengal?

KTA
09-13-2007, 06:54 PM
just the relative importance of the actual game

if ANYBODY, I dont care who you are dont see how big this game really is they are crazy, I agree 100% with gobbla

3afan
09-13-2007, 06:55 PM
then again - never said the game isnt HUGE, oviously it is - but straight up against a TX state playoff game - the playoff game wins

Gobbla2001
09-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
then again - never said the game isnt HUGE, oviously it is - but straight up against a TX state playoff game - the playoff game wins

for sure... black pants or not, go out their and whup FL's rearend

3afan
09-13-2007, 06:58 PM
yep - really looking fwd to Saturday

BobcatBenny
09-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Looks like there are 5 coaches with winning attitudes and 2 that just go through the motions.

Gobbla2001
09-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
yep - really looking fwd to Saturday

me too

Hook 'Em Drags

KTA
09-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Looks like there are 5 coaches with winning attitudes and 2 that just go through the motions.

Im being serious yall, please keep the voting "coachs only" please

burnet44
09-13-2007, 09:24 PM
I said regular season
thats what it is
but really guys SLC has been in big games every year
they do know what to do
they wore home green vs evangel
and kicked the crap out of them
its not the uni
its what you put into it
besides as I said these kids HAVE been in big games
they respond
if they didnt do you think they would have won as much as they do?

they have the experience
let them use it

it aint like they are ND
SLC is better than ND
plus if you do something special it gives the other team cred
AND IF YOU THINK IM GONNA GIVE ANYBODY CRED FROM OUTTA STATE YOUR A MO
beat em and go home
just another day at the office

it aint like they are KAty or Trinity or Lufkin
derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BobcatBenny
09-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Im being serious yall, please keep the voting "coachs only" please
Looks like there are 7 coaches on the board tonight. If non-coaches were voting, you would see much larger numbers.

I think people are honoring your poll.

KTA
09-13-2007, 11:16 PM
im glad to see everybody being honest (for once) lol:p

burnet44
09-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by KTA
im glad to see everybody being honest (for once) lol:p

I always am

TheDOCTORdre
09-13-2007, 11:52 PM
hello....hello, you play to win the game.