PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Night Coming

Phil C
03-21-2003, 12:04 PM
and it is still a go. I wonder how many presenters or winners are going to use it to protest the Iraq War. I believe in free speach but I think that is the wrong place and the wrong time myself. For example the Coaches at Everman, Burnet, Sinton etc don't use their position after names to promote their personal politics. And if there are protestors you can bet the other side will probably not be included. What do the rest of you think?

southern_thunder
03-21-2003, 12:26 PM
You know what some people need to learn is that just because you have the right to freedom of speech, doesnt mean you have to exercise that right. Which leads to the saying, it is better to let people think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it.

Rabbit'93
03-21-2003, 03:07 PM
What I don't understand is: What makes the "celebrities" experts on foreign policies. Many of these people are liberal, drug addicted, high school drop outs, that come from broken homes, have run-ins with the police, and have no clue what life is like anywhere else, but inside their beverly hills mansion. These people make me sick.

I wish that we could boycott these people and their projects so that their pocketbooks would feel it.