PDA

View Full Version : Finally my Big Boi gets to play without...

Fotbol
09-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Weight Requirements, my 12 year son is 5'8 215 pounds, every since pee wee football he has had to play with the older kids, because of his size! Today and 5PM I don't know who be more excited me, or him. He has his first game against of course you guessed it, older kids, Chilton is 1A and they allow 6th grades to play with the 7th and 8th Graders. It's not like he isn't familiar with playing against older kids, but now he can play with this age group. Chilton vs Marlin @ 5PM Legion Field Marlin Texas.......Whao!

44INAROW
09-13-2007, 01:36 PM
I hope he has a successful year - I am guessing he's on the line and not a WR? :D :D :D

Ranger Mom
09-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Awesome......good luck to Marlin (and your boy)!!

Check back in and let us know how it went!!!

BTW...you gonna be in Sweetwater Saturday??

rangerjoe33
09-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Yes, I have to deal with that this year as well. I coach our 5-6th graders pee-wee team and we have two kids one in the 5th grade and one in the 6th grade, they weigh 189 and 192 respectfully. Our league weight limit is 195, they get weighed every week by the opposing coaches. I have another kid that is in the 5th grade and he weighs 215, they allowed him to play last week because he was on the developmental team.

Fotbol
09-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Awesome......good luck to Marlin (and your boy)!!

Check back in and let us know how it went!!!

BTW...you gonna be in Sweetwater Saturday??
got two Baby Dawgs playing in Moody Texas Sat. @ 1030 , really looks like I won't be.

Fotbol
09-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I hope he has a successful year - I am guessing he's on the line and not a WR? :D :D :D Tackle and Nose guard, but has unbelieveable soft hands as far as football is concern, can catch without using his body, just hands, great Tight End Material, but Marlin doesn't run much Tight-End plays.

pirate4state
09-13-2007, 02:37 PM
good luck & have fun!! :)

44INAROW
09-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
, great Tight End Material, but Marlin doesn't run much Tight-End plays. sounds like they might need to start thinking about it............. :)

Sweetwater Red
09-13-2007, 02:43 PM
my 12 year son is 5'8 215 pounds

You know Sweetwater is a great place to raise a teenager.
:thinking: :D

scott Wilson
09-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Hope he has a good game and is understanding why he hasn`t been allowed to play with his own age group friends. I know that can be hard for a child, as they see their friends playing and they can`t be with them. I know a kid in the same plight. They let him practice one time with them and he squashed a kid on his own team (not intentionally) and that kid`s parent`s were none too happy about the situation as the boy (who is a good little player) decided he didn`t want to play anymore.(Scared him pretty bad as it knocked the air completely out of him, and bruised his ribs. Scared the coaches pretty good too.) To them it`s unfair. To the parents of the kid that weighs 70 pounds, it`s a great rule. Good Luck to him and the team.

Fotbol
09-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
You know Sweetwater is a great place to raise a teenager.
:thinking: :D Red R U Recruiting?:clap:
U should see my younger boys both 8 and 9, the 9 year old plays QB, mother wouldn't let him play for trhe past 3 years(must be an RN thing) first game of his career his pulls and LT.....runs for a Score, Throws for a Score and Catches for a Scores. Has a really strong arm, but we will have to work on Touch, he overthrows the kids. My 8 year old has been playing for two years, and he will knock your head off.....Man I can't wait until 4PM today and 1030 AM Sat......:p

Ranger Mom
09-13-2007, 03:31 PM
What are they playing in where there is a weight limit....Pop Warner??

Midland has a "pee wee" league, the GMFL - Greater Midland Football League.

We never had a weight limit on playing with your age group...you just couldn't run the ball if you were over a certain weight!!

Fotbol
09-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What are they playing in where there is a weight limit....Pop Warner??

Midland has a "pee wee" league, the GMFL - Greater Midland Football League.

We never had a weight limit on playing with your age group...you just couldn't run the ball if you were over a certain weight!! Yes ma'am Pop warner has a weight limit I think 165 for 10-12 and 125 for 7-9 year old.

Ranger Mom
09-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Yes ma'am Pop warner has a weight limit I think 165 for 10-12 and 125 for 7-9 year old.

Wow!!

Here are our weight limit rules:

The League will certify all players' weights at Weigh Day, and this weight will stand for the entire season. On Weigh Day, a numerical roster will be provided by the League who will then weigh the players to determine who is eligible to carry the football. All players who meet the weight limit will wear a number indicating eligibility (49 and below or 80-89, inclusive). The eligible list is provided by the league, not the coach. Any changes or oversights will have to be approved by the President or Vice President. All other players whose weight exceeds the weight limit (or who are not certified by the League) must play as a down lineman and wear a number 50 to 79 or 90-99, inclusive (wide-outs and tight ends are considered ball carriers and therefore must be under the weight limit). These rules also apply on kickoff returns and punt returns - a player over the weight limit should only be placed on the front line. The maximum a player may weigh and carry the ball on the Varsity is 130 lbs., Junior Varsity is 115 lbs., Sophomore is 100 lbs and Freshman is 85 lbs. A player weighed in his football pants and shoes will be granted a 2-1/2# allowance (i.e. Varsity 132.5, JV 117.5, Sophomore 102.5 Freshman 87.5).

Freshman - 3rd grade
Sophomore - 4th grade
JV- 5th grade
Varsity - 6th grade

burnet44
09-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
I have another kid that is in the 5th grade and he weighs 215, they allowed him to play last week because he was on the developmental team.

5th grade and 215?
hope he is tall

he needs to be off the developemental team
he sounds developed lol

scott Wilson
09-14-2007, 08:42 AM
I was thinking that as well. I`m 5`10" 205, and 40 years old. (And unhealthily overweight. My oldest starting getting really heavy and we went rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! The brakes went on. Leads to too many health issues down the road, and in this day and age there is too much info and help out there not to take advantage of it so they lead a long healthy,HAPPY life.

trg
09-14-2007, 02:19 PM
My son has always gotten to play on peewee but can't run the ball. He is now in 8th grade, 13 years old, and is 5'11" and weighs right at 220.