PDA

View Full Version : Colorado golfer shoots 56!!!!!!

Adidas410s
09-13-2007, 11:49 AM
How did Jay Osmon, an assistant pro at Cattails GC in Alamosa, Colo., shoot a 15-under-par 56 there on Sept. 5? He lipped out a 25-foot eagle putt at 18 for 55.

Yes, Osmon played that well, if not better (he missed a four-foot putt on the third hole), and was almost apologetic for having done so, inasmuch as he was playing from the blue tees, which measure about 6,000 yards.

Still, it was a memorable round for Osmon, 30, who is preparing for the pre-qualifying stage of the PGA Tour Qualifying Tournament on the Greg Norman Course at PGA West in La Quinta, Calif., next week.

"Still now I don't know if it's completely sunk in," Osmon said.

Osmon, who broke his own course record of 62, made five birdies and two eagles on the front nine and shot 26. "It didn't sound right to me," he said. "On the back nine, I wasn't trying to think a whole lot. I knew I was playing well. I just wanted to stay out of my own way."

He holed a 15-foot eagle putt at No. 10 to keep his momentum going, and birdied four of the last eight.

"I fell out of my chair," head pro Bryce Bervig said when he was told of the round. "I thought, 'you guys are just teasing me.' I quit. I'm never playing again. Golf has been tamed.

"The thing with Jay is, he has a lot of shots that some don't have. He has the confidence and the imagination to hit a certain shot five different ways. That's what separates him from others."

Phil C
09-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Hey Ad I heard on the radio news that there was an 89 year old man that has shot 14 holes in one in his lifetime. I think he did one just recently and they had him on the news. A lot of very good golfers don't even get one hole in one in their lifetime. Remarkable indeed!

3afan
09-13-2007, 11:52 AM
thats crazy - I played the newly renovated Creekview in Crandall yesterday, the greens & fairways were in great shape, most of the bunkers were still without sand

oh, and I shot a little higher than 56 :D

44INAROW
09-13-2007, 11:56 AM
AMAZING ROUND OF GOLF..........:clap: :clap: