PDA

View Full Version : Does unprofessionalism at the workplace bother you?

GoStafford
09-12-2007, 07:18 PM
It bothers me a ton. I hate women who can't get their crap together.

3afan
09-12-2007, 07:21 PM
yes - it DOES bother me

also cant stand the snobby, stuck-up ones :nerd:

SWMustang
09-12-2007, 07:23 PM
what would constitute unprofessionalism and why is it just ladies that irk you?

GoStafford
09-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Good. I hate it when people tote the line like that

rockdale80
09-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by GoStafford

Not sure I am always professional at work, but I get it all done by the end of the day and dont bother anyone.

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-12-2007, 07:57 PM
As a manager it really bothers me when my employees are unprofessional for a couple reasons.

1. I have to deal with their actions.
2. It reflects poorly on me as a leader.

pirate4state
09-12-2007, 08:35 PM
I only have myself to worry about and sometimes I get on my own nerves. :crazy1: :D

burnet44
09-12-2007, 08:36 PM

I dont like that ethier

Old Tiger
09-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Depends on what kind of unprofessionalism it is. Some of it makes the job a lot more fun.

BobcatBenny
09-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Lighten up Francis! :D

SWMustang
09-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Depends on what kind of unprofessionalism it is. Some of it makes the job a lot more fun.

That's where I was going with my question. We can make it so bland and vanilla work can become something you dread.

BobcatBenny
09-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Is it uprofessional to move your name from your office door and put in on the restroom door?

AP Panther Fan
09-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
As a manager it really bothers me when my employees are unprofessional for a couple reasons.

1. I have to deal with their actions.
2. It reflects poorly on me as a leader.

Don't forget....

3. It reflects poorly on the company you work for!

AP Panther Fan
09-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Is it uprofessional to move your name from your office door and put in on the restroom door?

lol...working in a predominately "female" office, anytime we hire a male, his name goes on the only "men's restroom door"....

it is a joke, but we enjoy it all the same!:D

rockdale80
09-12-2007, 10:02 PM
I sit at my desk all day grinding out paper work, and dealing with vendors, and a very nit picky client. I go through about 250 emails a day and make around 60-80 phone calls. So there isnt much time for me to mess around, but we do have the occasional pranks at work. Unprofessional sure, but fun none the less.

luvhoops34
09-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
what would constitute unprofessionalism and why is it just ladies that irk you?

Yeah, what he said!:mad:

AP Panther Fan
09-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Yeah, what he said!:mad:

I was trying to overlook that.;)

Gobbla2001
09-12-2007, 10:13 PM
it just depends... where I work there are no customers (except the ones today from Ireland, and random ones once every two months or so, and they just do a tour)... so people goofin' off every now and then is cool, but when it's all of the time, and it is your department manager and his "buddies" who are not over you, yet get better treatment then yes, it bothers me...

Diocletian
09-12-2007, 10:57 PM

work is just like high school...... you find out where you fit in and run with it, you can't complain about what others do, 90% of us don't like where we are at but we all find ways to have just enough fun at it to get a few laughs every now and then

the worst job i've ever had was in the millitary where most of everyone "can't get their crap together" and the only time anyone was professional was when they were holding a weapon.... so maybe the answer to this is to have everyone carry guns at work, i bet you then people wouldn't fool around so much

crzyjournalist03
09-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Chain emails bug me, but other than that, I enjoy having people having fun so long as they don't take it too far.

There are a couple of women in my office who sit in the middle of the room and are always giggling and yelling which gets really annoying. Yesterday one tried to throw a pen at the other and totally missed and almost hit me in my office about fifteen feet away, which really hacked me off.

But as long as it's good natured humor and not bothering the entire floor, it's cool with me. :cool:

Ranger Mom
09-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Is hanging out on the downlow all day unprofessional??:eek: :eek: :eek:

luvhoops34
09-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Is hanging out on the downlow all day unprofessional??:eek: :eek: :eek:

LOL If it is, we're all in trouble.:eek: