PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please!

CHS_CG
09-12-2007, 07:09 PM
A pair of unrelated accidents left three people dead Wednesday, one in Burleson County and two in Robertson County.

A College Station woman was killed in a Wednesday afternoon accident on Highway 21 in Burleson County.

It happened around 1:30 p.m. east of FM 1362 South in the community of Cooks Point.

DPS officials say an 18-wheeler was eastbound on Highway 21, when the driver of a Ford Mustang attempted a u-turn.

The semi struck the Mustang on the driver's side. The tractor trailer then slid across the roadway and struck a Chevy Tahoe.

The driver of the Mustang, Debra Garrett of College Station, was pronounced dead on the scene.

Her passenger, Melinda Carroll, was taken to St. Joseph Regional Health Center in Bryan. Her condition was unknown Wednesday evening.

The woman driving the Tahoe, Linda Bobo of San Antonio, was air-lifted to Scott and White in Temple.

The driver and passenger in the 18-wheeler went to St. Joseph in a private vehicle with non-life threatening injuries.

Meanwhile, two people are dead in a three-vehicle accident on Texas 6 in Robertson County.

DPS troopers believe an 18-wheeler and hatchback were northbound on Texas 6 between Bryan and Hearne when a southbound SUV crossed the center line and collided with the truck.

That caused the truck to collide with the hatchback.

The occupants of the SUV were pronounced dead at the scene. The hatchback driver was taken to St. Joseph Regional Health Center in Bryan with unknown injuries.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/9745532.html

I didnt know anybody in the Robertson County accident but I knew the driver of the Mustang. Please everybody send your prayers out to her family and friends. Debra leaves behind a 2 year old son. She was a wonderful person, and I just cant understand why she would try to make a u-turn in a busy place like hwy 21. Thanks guys.

JR2004
09-12-2007, 07:12 PM
That's just awful to hear. Sure will say some prayers for her family and friends.

pirate4state
09-12-2007, 10:38 PM
:( sorry about your friend T

Gobbla2001
09-12-2007, 10:40 PM
that is so sad...

a lady at my work was killed in an accident Friday leaving work... scary... drove a mustang and was t-boned by an 18-wheeler...

left behind three kids and a husband... very very sad...

be careful guys...

BrahmaMom
09-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Prayers and sympathy for those left behind. Use this to remember to drive safely to the games you are attending today and/or tomorrow. Your family loves and needs you.

luvhoops34
09-13-2007, 07:42 AM
So sad. I'm sorry about your friend T. My prayers to the family.

44INAROW
09-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
that is so sad...

a lady at my work was killed in an accident Friday leaving work... scary... drove a mustang and was t-boned by an 18-wheeler...

left behind three kids and a husband... very very sad...

be careful guys...

I wondered if you knew her D - so sad.

Talena - I am so sorry about your friend and the tragedies. A guy I went to school with was killed in a tractor accident Tuesday evening right outside of Cuero. Life if precious - enjoy every day :(

justlikesports
09-13-2007, 08:34 AM
Prayers from Monahans.