PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Player of Week One

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Try not to be a homer... :)

Nolan Nunez, Port Isabel - 16 carries, 184 yds, 2 TD's (3 quarters)

Jacob Martinez, Rio Hondo - 15 carries, 206 yards, 1 reception, 32 yards, 3 TD's

Tyler Arndt, Cuero - 9/11 passes, 179 yards, 3 passing TD's, 1 rushing TD (First half)

Jacob Bird, Gonzales - 10/19 passes (1 int), 389 yards, 4 TD's

Oscar Perez, Hidalgo - 15 carries, 273 yards, 5 TD's, 9/16 passes, 154 yards, 1 TD

Juan Vega, Progreso - 23 carries, 137 yards, 4 TD's

burnet44
09-12-2007, 12:36 PM
go Ants

big daddy russ
09-12-2007, 12:43 PM
I want someone to give me a good reason to vote for the kid from RH. Someone said that he (and all the other RH starters) were in the game until the last minute or two of that blowout. Johnny 5 said it was because of the refs.

What is it? Because if the coach just left him in there to spite the refs or if the other team didn't give him a good reason to do it, I won't vote for him.

Johnny 5
09-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Jacob had 14 carries through the third. The last came on the first play of the 4th. After that RH used its 2 other backs.

footballgal
09-12-2007, 01:16 PM
As tempting as it was I did NOT have a HOMER vote;

My vote goes to Hidalgo's QB, - those are just pretty impressive #'s IMO.

Maybe next time Nolan, I am sure we'll be able to nominate you again. ( or any 32-3A player)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
My vote goes to Hidalgo's QB, - those are just pretty impressive #'s IMO.

Impressive, yes.....but against....Valley View?? :thinking:

footballgal
09-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Impressive, yes.....but against....Valley View?? :thinking:

Come on, this from just ONE individual - I don't care who it's against - those are some good numbers, right there!

crzyjournalist03
09-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I want someone to give me a good reason to vote for the kid from RH. Someone said that he (and all the other RH starters) were in the game until the last minute or two of that blowout. Johnny 5 said it was because of the refs.

What is it? Because if the coach just left him in there to spite the refs or if the other team didn't give him a good reason to do it, I won't vote for him.

well, if you're really looking for a reason, I think you said it yourself within your post...

If the coach left him in there, then the player was doing his job. You can't blame him for being in the game during mop-up time. If a player is on the field, he's expected to produce. And he did.

big daddy russ
09-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
well, if you're really looking for a reason, I think you said it yourself within your post...

If the coach left him in there, then the player was doing his job. You can't blame him for being in the game during mop-up time. If a player is on the field, he's expected to produce. And he did.
If the coach left him in there, even if it wasn't his fault, he still capitalized from the extra PT against an already-beaten opponent.

Sorry, but I've been on both sides of that fence and it ain't fun when you're the one getting mopped up. Johnny just said that he was only in there until the start of the fourth, which is cool. But if he was left in there to try to clean them out, then I have no sympathy for that coach.

BUT, if it was just rumors then I'll be the first to say I'm sorry and I shouldn't have stirred the pot.

Johnny 5
09-12-2007, 02:42 PM
I looked at the film. He does go back in in the 4th, but never touches the ball, and only because the back that replaced him was shaken up a bit.

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2007, 09:30 PM
bump

LordInfamous
09-13-2007, 10:18 AM
the hidalgo qb did not play in the 4th quarter