PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News!!!!!

coach
09-12-2007, 10:02 AM
I have just herd a rumor from a very very reliable source that fairfield high is looking to clean house again....

They are expected to not resign any of the boy's coaches next year...this includes the ad, the head basketball coach, and baseball coach...The school board wants a new start and they are even debating of firing long time principle Von Wade and Super Intendent Tony Price....

I am still confused why they would do this...we just got new faces in the prodram a year ago and already are calling for everyones job...and i am especially curious why they would get rid of Joey Worley the head basketball coach who has over 75 wins in the last 3 years...and they just hired a new baseball coach this year..if this story is true that ould be 5 new baseball coaches in 6 years with 5 play off appearences....is it me or does this make any since at all?

crzyjournalist03
09-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Isn't this a little premature?

House cleaning usually doesn't start just AFTER the start of a new year.

Sweetwater Red
09-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Breaking rumors":thinking:

:D :D :D

coach
09-12-2007, 10:07 AM
thats what i thought but the way they had to hire this guy was stupid anyways..the ad before him didnt deserve to be fired and the only reason this guy was hired is because many believe because of the color of his skin and i am starting to believe that...his overall record before coming to fairfield was a losing one and he has never been to the playoffs and when they made the announcement of the hire last year they said they found the perfect man for the job and since then his record at fairfield is an astonighing 1-11...not to mention other programs like baseball and basketball are beginning to drop at a steady pace

IHStangFan
09-12-2007, 10:08 AM
athletic dept. caught in an undercover sting operation....first to fall to the UIL's new steriod testing policies.

On a side note..I hear they were manufacturing crystal meth in the boys locker room :D

On a serious note...why would you clean house a year after most of these faces were brought aboard?

coach
09-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Breaking rumors":thinking:

:D :D :D

well i heard it from someone within the school board and they said it was only a matter of time and are already starting to look for candidates

coach
09-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
athletic dept. caught in an undercover sting operation....first to fall to the UIL's new steriod testing policies.

On a side note..I hear they were manufacturing crystal meth in the boys locker room :D

On a serious note...why would you clean house a year after most of these faces were brought aboard?

the hire of this man was horrible...when the job opened up we had over 206 applications and among those were past state championship winners and coordinators from 5a and 4a playoff teams but we had to settle for david haynes who has never been to the playoffs...that dosent make alot of sense to me

crzyjournalist03
09-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by coach
the hire of this man was horrible...when the job opened up we had over 206 applications and among those were past state championship winners and coordinators from 5a and 4a playoff teams but we had to settle for david haynes who has never been to the playoffs...that dosent make alot of sense to me

maybe the district wanted to focus on academics over athletics for a few years.

Johnny Utah
09-12-2007, 10:12 AM
I know Coach Worley, he is from Cisco America very close to my hometown. He is an OUTSTANDING COACH AND PERSON. I would have a very hard time believing that they would get rid of such a quality coach and person.

pirate4state
09-12-2007, 10:12 AM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm propably shouldn't report info you hear from the school board members on a public message board if they aren't ready for this info to be made public! :doh: then again, why would they tell you? :thinking:

coach
09-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
maybe the district wanted to focus on academics over athletics for a few years.

we have won the acedimic uil comp for like 20 years in a row i dont think thats what it is

IHStangFan
09-12-2007, 10:14 AM
the hire of this man was horrible...when the job opened up we had over 206 applications and among those were past state championship winners and coordinators from 5a and 4a playoff teams but we had to settle for david haynes who has never been to the playoffs...that dosent make alot of sense to me yeah...no kidding...sounds like maybe someone owed someone a favor or maybe someone somewhere was a relative? A bit of nepotism perhaps? That is strange.

coach
09-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
I know Coach Worley, he is from Cisco America very close to my hometown. He is an OUTSTANDING COACH AND PERSON. I would have a very hard time believing that they would get rid of such a quality coach and person.

you are exactly right he is one heluva person but after my senior year we went 29-6 and went three rounds deep and people started a petition to get him fired

coach
09-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yeah...no kidding...sounds like maybe someone owed someone a favor or maybe someone somewhere was a relative? A bit of nepotism perhaps? That is strange.

well the principal did go to the same high school that this man coached at before he came hear and von still has ties to mcgregor

Johnny Utah
09-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Only 1 team can win a state title per year. I know a lot of bball coaches that are AWESOME, and a lot of them have never won a state title. Fairfield needs to look at the big picture in my mind and see that C Worley is GREAT for the kids, teaching them more than just hoops. JMO

coach
09-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm propably shouldn't report info you hear from the school board members on a public message board if they aren't ready for this info to be made public! :doh: then again, why would they tell you? :thinking:

sorry but this important he shouldnt have told me

Adidas410s
09-12-2007, 10:29 AM
note to self...don't let kids go to school in Fairfield...

pirate4state
09-12-2007, 10:30 AM
sorry but this important he shouldnt have told me nvm :doh:

Ranger Mom
09-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
note to self...don't let kids go to school in Fairfield...

Hehe!!:p

coach
09-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Only 1 team can win a state title per year. I know a lot of bball coaches that are AWESOME, and a lot of them have never won a state title. Fairfield needs to look at the big picture in my mind and see that C Worley is GREAT for the kids, teaching them more than just hoops. JMO

i know but you wouldn't believe the adults in this community they are rediculous but even if this is just a rumor i think worley's time in ff is coming to an end..he has been looking for a while and i think he might be headed back close to home closer to his and his wife's family

Johnny Utah
09-12-2007, 10:44 AM
If he does indeed leave, I hope it is on his own!!!

coach
09-12-2007, 10:53 AM
like i said he has been looking fo a while and the only reason he hasnt left is beacuse his daughters...he wants a good education for them and that is what fairfield has....to me that proves how good of a man he is.. he is willing to give up a chance to coach at a decent school but he gives that up to coach at an athletic program that is faling apart just for his daughters

eagles_victory
09-12-2007, 10:55 AM
like i said he has been looking fo a while and the only reason he hasnt left is beacuse his daughters...he wants a good education for them and that is what fairfield has....to me that proves how good of a man he is.. he is willing to give up a chance to coach at a decent school but he gives that up to coach at an athletic program that is faling apart just for his daughters i dont know about that coach it would be hard to walk out on all the basketball talent that has been at Fairfield for the past few years and im sure he has been looking

eagles_victory
09-12-2007, 10:57 AM
thats what i thought but the way they had to hire this guy was stupid anyways..the ad before him didnt deserve to be fired and the only reason this guy was hired is because many believe because of the color of his skin and i am starting to believe that... coach lets not play conspriacy theory

keep in mind coach shacks up with the former ads daughter and her roommate all the time so he may be a little bias :doh:

coach
09-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
coach lets not play conspriacy theory

keep in mind coach shacks up with the former ads daughter and her roommate all the time so he may be a little bias :doh:

haha funny

Old Tiger
09-12-2007, 08:28 PM
life without the Lightsey's hasn't been good for fairfield

coach
09-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
life without the Lightsey's hasn't been good for fairfield

they need to hurry and reproduceand move ack to fairfield thats are only hope