PDA

View Full Version : Prosperity Bank in Sinton Robbed this morning!

Phil C
09-12-2007, 09:40 AM
As I right police with rifles and DPS and Sheriff Officers are looking around the area of the bank. Apparantly the thieves are on foot or had a car parked close by. I will report as I get more information this morning.

I swear I didn't do it! Besides I have reliable witnesses where I was when it occurred.

Ranger Mom
09-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Where was feel see??

pirate4state
09-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
As I right police with rifles and DPS and Sheriff Officers are looking around the area of the bank. Apparantly the thieves are on foot or had a car parked close by. I will report as I get more information this morning.

I swear I didn't do it! Besides I have reliable witnesses where I was when it occurred.

:eek: :eek: WHAT?!?!?!?!

Phil C
09-12-2007, 09:46 AM
The high school is near the bank and I have heard they have locked down the school for safety reasons.

Phil C
09-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: :eek: WHAT?!?!?!?!

Yes it happened p4s.

crzyjournalist03
09-12-2007, 09:48 AM
The high school is near the bank and I have heard they have locked down the school for safety reasons.

and what if the perpetrator is already in the school? Then they've just locked hundreds of innocent children in a building with a criminal!

pirate4state
09-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
and what if the perpetrator is already in the school? Then they've just locked hundreds of innocent children in a building with a criminal!

:eek: :eek: WHAT!?!?! Too much drama for me. I hope the criminal is NOT in the school, but you bring up a good point. :doh:

Hopefully, our PD can apprehend the idiot w/o incident.

Maroon87
09-12-2007, 09:52 AM
:eek: :eek: WHAT!?!?! Too much drama for me. I hope the criminal is NOT in the school, but you bring up a good point. :doh:

Hopefully, our PD can apprehend the idiot w/o incident.

This is good news for you Rita, since you work for a lawyer.:p

Ranger Mom
09-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
This is good news for you Rita, since you work for a lwayer.:p

For real....I wonder if the perpetrator has a will??:eek: :D

luvhoops34
09-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Where was feel see??

ROFL:D

Johnny Utah
09-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Schools have safety procedures in place to help prevent such things. Now, if a campus is WIDE OPEN there could be problems, but I am sure all that are involved are keeping a very close eye on the situation and all students, teachers and staff are safe.

luvhoops34
09-12-2007, 09:55 AM
I wonder if he got enough money to buy lunch?:eek:

Adidas410s
09-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Where was feel see??
down at the coffee shop with PhiI C

pirate4state
Originally posted by Maroon87
This is good news for you Rita, since you work for a lwayer.:p Thankfully, he has stopped representing these type of criminals. :D

But we could help him/her get his/her affairs in order before going to jail. :)

Now, I've also heard that the other campuses have been locked down.

This is unbelievable. You never think this kind of stuff would happen in your town. :eek:

44INAROW
For real....I wonder if the perpetrator has a will??:eek: :D

omg :eek: :D :D

IHStangFan
09-12-2007, 09:58 AM
WOW! And here I was thinking that the cotton crops were all ruined and there would be no money in that bank. Shows that I know.

Seriously though, I hope nobody is hurt and they nail this slimball's butt to the wall. DO NOT STEAL!! I hate a thief! :mad:

luvhoops34
09-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Thankfully, he has stopped representing these type of criminals. :D

But we could help him/her get his/her affairs in order before going to jail. :)

Now, I've also heard that the other campuses have been locked down.

This is unbelievable. You never think this kind of stuff would happen in your town. :eek:

You better lock your office front door!:eek:

crzyjournalist03
09-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Schools have safety procedures in place to help prevent such things. Now, if a campus is WIDE OPEN there could be problems, but I am sure all that are involved are keeping a very close eye on the situation and all students, teachers and staff are safe.

That's true...I was just always concerned when we had to do drills like that in school...if a criminal runs to hide in a school, there's just no good situation that can arise.

Ranger Mom
09-12-2007, 10:00 AM

It really is.....we (well, it was in Odessa) had 2 cops shot and killed on Saturday night....another one was shot in the face and is in critical condition.

First "line of duty" killing since 1957!!

IHStangFan
09-12-2007, 10:04 AM
It really is.....we (well, it was in Odessa) had 2 cops shot and killed on Saturday night....another one was shot in the face and is in critical condition.

First "line of duty" killing since 1957!! WOW!! I hate to hear that :( :mad:

pirate4state
09-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
You better lock your office front door!:eek:
check it! :D

The back door locks automatically and the front door is locked. I can see anyone who needs to come in anyway.

pirate4state
09-12-2007, 10:05 AM

First "line of duty" killing since 1957!!

:( :dispntd:

Crazy people in the world

sweetwater07
09-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah

Sweetwater is wide open...the ways we found to sneak back into the school after skipping lunch....theres no boundaries as to who could get into the school.......

Phil C
09-12-2007, 10:53 AM
The thieves are still at large from what I have heard. I have heard the thieves got away with 30 to 40 Thousand Dollars.

scott Wilson
09-12-2007, 11:19 AM
That`s amazing that a small bank actually has that kind of cash in it. I do work for banks and they generall don`t carry that kind of cash on a Wednesday. (Usually payday is friday so they get it in on Friday morning). I hope the kids are safe and they catch the moron.

Phil C
09-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by scott Wilson
That`s amazing that a small bank actually has that kind of cash in it. I do work for banks and they generall don`t carry that kind of cash on a Wednesday. (Usually payday is friday so they get it in on Friday morning). I hope the kids are safe and they catch the moron.

I'm hoping the figure is wrong too scott. Remember this is second hand information.

Phil C
09-12-2007, 11:53 AM
The latest word that I just got is that they are still looking for the thief. It appears that there was only one bank robber involved.

crzyjournalist03
09-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Justice shall be served!!!!

Blastoderm55
09-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Any word on if the suspect has been caught? We got a call informing our branch about it this morning, but assumed he wouldn't be headed our way. He'd better not. For his own sake. :mad:

Blastoderm55
09-12-2007, 12:19 PM
The latest word that I just got is that they are still looking for the thief. It appears that there was only one bank robber involved.

He was wearing a mask and drove a getaway car that was white with a black hood or vice versa. He shouldn't be too hard to miss. :rolleyes:

DDBooger
09-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Any word on if the suspect has been caught? We got a call informing our branch about it this morning, but assumed he wouldn't be headed our way. He'd better not. For his own sake. :mad: vigilantaderm!:mad: :mad:

luvhoops34
09-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by scott Wilson

WOW AN ORANGE GROVE POSTER!!!!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e312/ctalk56/huepfenicon111.gif

Phil C
09-12-2007, 02:40 PM
The thief is still at large.

Adidas410s
09-12-2007, 02:41 PM
SPARE NO EXPENSE!!! HE MUST BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

crzyjournalist03
09-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

ha! talk about a bad pun! (probably unintentional, but I chuckled at it)

Phil C
09-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

RIGHT YOU ARE AD!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

pirate4state
09-12-2007, 06:32 PM
According to the news, they still don't have any leads.

link (http://www.kristv.com/global/story.asp?s=7066043)

JR2004
09-12-2007, 07:07 PM
It seems like there's a bank being robbed everyday up here.

Phil C
09-13-2007, 10:19 AM
He is still at large and the bank hasn't opened back up yet as of this morning.

AP Panther Fan
09-13-2007, 11:02 AM
The thieves are still at large from what I have heard. I have heard the thieves got away with 30 to 40 Thousand Dollars.

That is an incredible amount of money if true. This is why tellers are trained to keep a minimal amount of cash in their top drawers. Hopefully he did not force anyone to the vault and I especially hope nobody was harmed. The mental trauma after something like this can be overwhelming to some. I have a friend that works there if it is the "old" Commercial State Bank.:(

piratebg
09-13-2007, 11:05 AM
I was stuck in court when all of this happened. I kept stopping anyone with a radio to get updates because my son's elementary had been put on lock down as well. Luckily no one was hurt.

pirate4state
09-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
That is an incredible amount of money if true. This is why tellers are trained to keep a minimal amount of cash in their top drawers. Hopefully he did not force anyone to the vault and I especially hope nobody was harmed. The mental trauma after something like this can be overwhelming to some. I have a friend that works there if it is the "old" Commercial State Bank.:(

No, it wasn't the "old" Commercial State Bank. It is Prosperity Bank used to be First Capital.

AP Panther Fan
09-13-2007, 11:36 AM
No, it wasn't the "old" Commercial State Bank. It is Prosperity Bank used to be First Capital.

Gotcha...is that where you bank? Wanna give me your account number/pin?;) :D

pirate4state
09-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Gotcha...is that where you bank? Wanna give me your account number/pin?;) :D

It is where I bank. I feel really bad for those girls. :( I don't think the bank is open yet.

I think I'll hold onto my account/pin #. :p

What time is Cameron playing today? Maybe I can swing by for a bit.

AP Panther Fan
09-13-2007, 11:45 AM
What time is Cameron playing today? Maybe I can swing by for a bit.

I have no idea what the brackets look like. She mentioned that she thought they had pool games today. I think this is supposed to be a 3 day tournament...have you heard?

pirate4state
09-13-2007, 11:47 AM
I have no idea what the brackets look like. She mentioned that she thought they had pool games today. I think this is supposed to be a 3 day tournament...have you heard? let me see if i can find out

Phil C
09-13-2007, 11:49 AM
I have no idea what the brackets look like. She mentioned that she thought they had pool games today. I think this is supposed to be a 3 day tournament...have you heard?

We are playing Aransas Pass in Sinton Tuesday night in Volleyball. I am planning to be there by 4:30 P.M. AP Panther Fan can you pm me her number so I can have a watch out for her.

AP Panther Fan
09-13-2007, 12:11 PM
We are playing Aransas Pass in Sinton Tuesday night in Volleyball. I am planning to be there by 4:30 P.M. AP Panther Fan can you pm me her number so I can have a watch out for her.

On the way.:)

Phil C
09-13-2007, 03:33 PM
I won't be able to make any tournament games but I will see them play Tuesday night.

Phil C
09-13-2007, 03:34 PM
I drove by the bank at 2 P.M. and it is open.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-13-2007, 04:05 PM
I drove by the bank at 2 P.M. and it is open. Phil the FBI didnt want the amount of cash taken to be known but they forgot to tell the Downlow to not mention it :) . No cameras around the area? what about the stop lights?

pirate4state
09-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Phil the FBI didnt want the amount of cash taken to be known but they forgot to tell the Downlow to not mention it :) . No cameras around the area? what about the stop lights? LOL --- i can't believe this guy is still at large :doh:

Gobbla2001
09-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

I'm sure they didn't actually "lock" them in... but kept all of the kids inside and checked each classroom... what else would you do? send 'em all outside?

Blastoderm55
09-13-2007, 06:51 PM

I locked my wallet in the vault once. Boy did that suck. :(