PDA

View Full Version : What the heck has happened to Gainesville?

VWG
09-12-2007, 08:09 AM
The Leopards were in the state title game just recently... and boy have they fallen off the map. What gives?
They've got the enrollment to be competitive every year.

3afan
09-12-2007, 08:11 AM
prob just a down cycle ..... the kids in the high school at this time are just not good (comparative) football players ...... it happens to all schools/programs to some extent

Texasfootball2
09-12-2007, 08:17 AM
This district will be interesting this year. Decatur seems to be down "slightly". Argyle and Bridgeport seem to be play well and you can never count out Sanger. Gainsville??? who knows, but the title in this district should come down to the wire.

Anybody out there close to this district to give some good insight as to how this could play out?

sweetwater07
09-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
prob just a down cycle ..... the kids in the high school at this time are just not good (comparative) football players ...... it happens to all schools/programs to some extent

your tellin me

3afan
09-12-2007, 09:47 AM
yeah you Swater folks can relate

sweetwater07
09-12-2007, 09:54 AM
yeah you Swater folks can relate

it sucks not having a team that competing for state.....i'm just glad i graduated last year because if i had to go to the pep rally's this year i would sleep..

KTJ
09-12-2007, 11:03 AM

From what I've heard, this is basically it. It's just a down cycle at The Ville. It happened in the late 90's as well. (Which was unfortunate because that's when I went to school there....class of 2000.) But before that, Gainesville was consistently in the race for a State Championships in the early to mid 90's. (Damn you Atlanta!)

Just the down cycle. And I think they have a new coach. On the bright side, the new high school is coming along nicely from what I hear.