PDA

View Full Version : Family or Football who do you choose

WTF-82
09-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Eveyone Read my example tell me your thoughts.

My school Homecoming game is this friday in Monahans I already planned on being there at game with my wife and kids. We usually get together and eat great food with family friends and exues at my mothers house after game great Menudo if yall know what this is. I live in San Angelo.
Today mother calls me tells me my sister scheduled my niece birthay party in Odessa friday evening on homecoming night my sister expects us to be at party me brothers and cousins well this one is tough yall ever had to choose since i live in Angeo now I dont get to make much Lobo Home games never can make it in time from Angelo.

Good game also vs Midland Christian wich is pretty good game.

KTA
09-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Whats the difference in milage? Thats the one id pick

GreenMonster
09-11-2007, 11:59 PM
I'd pick family. You never know what lies beyond the next turn. There wil be plenty of other football games.

WTF-82
09-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I'd pick family. You never know what lies beyond the next turn. There wil be plenty of other football games.

I agree just thought I would make some fun of this. I told my sister she did this scheduling on purpose to test us.

Ranger Mom
09-12-2007, 08:38 AM
When Greenwood went to the State Championship my family planned their Christmas "get together" for the same day!!

I went to the Game!!

I am a BAD daughter, niece, aunt, cousin, granddaughter and mother!!!:D :D

They forgave me though, they planned it knowing full well I wouldn't be there!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey!!! Do you think they did that on PURPOSE!!:eek: :eek: :(

UPanIN
09-12-2007, 09:53 AM
If you don't have family playing then go to the party.

God-Family-Country-Football

LH OffseasonVet
09-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by UPanIN
If you don't have family playing then go to the party.

God-Family-Country-Football

By Country you mean Texas right?

crzyjournalist03
09-12-2007, 10:06 AM
how old is the girl? Will she notice if you're not there? That's what it comes down to...the party is for the girl, not the parents. If the girl doesn't mind, skip it!

Maroon87
09-12-2007, 10:12 AM
*** I admire Homecoming.

I couldn't help it...sue me.

marlin fan
09-12-2007, 10:16 AM
I feel bad now! im picking football over my lil bros bday party!

Bull19
09-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
how old is the girl? Will she notice if you're not there? That's what it comes down to...the party is for the girl, not the parents. If the girl doesn't mind, skip it! exactly

burnet44
09-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Always pick family
I did
thats why I got out of coaching

God
Family
Football

in that order

marlin fan
09-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
Always pick family
I did
thats why I got out of coaching

God
Family
Football

in that order what if this is maybe the only game u will see all season?

CenTexSports
09-12-2007, 10:45 AM
This year will be the 35th homecoming since I graduated from high school. Assuming that I don't go, since I should be working a game Friday night, this will be the 34th in a row that I have not attended.

However, if I had to chose between a birthday party and a football game, the game would win 8 out of 10 times.

Ranger Mom
09-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by marlin fan
what if this is maybe the only game u will see all season?

I think there are lots of factors surrounding a decision like that!

My family wasn't going to hold going to the State Championship against me! They knew that I had faithfully followed the Rangers all season!

Heck, if I hadn't gone, then I would have never experienced the "red condom" debacle that they WILL NEVER let me live down as long as I live!!:p :p

marlin fan
09-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think there are lots of factors surrounding a decision like that!

My family wasn't going to hold going to the State Championship against me! They knew that I had faithfully followed the Rangers all season!

Heck, if I hadn't gone, then I would have never experienced the "red condom" debacle that they WILL NEVER let me live down as long as I live!!:p :p lmao

luvhoops34
09-12-2007, 10:52 AM
I think a lot of it would just depend on what game it was or what the family event was.

If you've got a kid playing and/or it's a state championship game, then unless it's a family emergency, I would have to go to the game.:D

LHMom
09-12-2007, 05:15 PM
I've been in a similar situation... The game was more serious - the state championship, but the family occasion was our Christmas celebration. I did not have a son still on the team last year when LH went to state, however he had just graduated the year before and I was still President of the booster club at that time.

I've always preached to my kids the importance of family and "family obligations" so it might have seemed a little hypocritical. The decision really did weigh heavy on me... I opted to go to the state championship game because it could (hopefully NOT) be a once in a lifetime thing. I was very glad to be there and be a part of it.

I have to say though, if it were a non-district or playoff game, I probably would have gone to be with my family.

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
Eveyone Read my example tell me your thoughts.

My school Homecoming game is this friday in Monahans I already planned on being there at game with my wife and kids. We usually get together and eat great food with family friends and exues at my mothers house after game great Menudo if yall know what this is. I live in San Angelo.
Today mother calls me tells me my sister scheduled my niece birthay party in Odessa friday evening on homecoming night my sister expects us to be at party me brothers and cousins well this one is tough yall ever had to choose since i live in Angeo now I dont get to make much Lobo Home games never can make it in time from Angelo.

Good game also vs Midland Christian wich is pretty good game.

Well I would drive from San Angelo stop in Odessa say hello on my way to see the game. That's just me though.

bobcat1
09-12-2007, 07:20 PM
The answer is football. My family can come to the game if they like. :D

(Well unless someone is dying or something real close to it)

BobcatBenny
09-12-2007, 07:59 PM
I'm not sure where that God-Family-Country-Football malarky came from. :(

God-Neighbor-Self (Family is here)

Do you have anyone you would consider a neighbor playing? :D

Bull's-eye
09-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Go to the game and then buy her a really expensive present! :D

Diocletian
09-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Buy them tickets invite all of them to the game..... then you organize the party and transportation for everyone to get to the game, then have the party after or just before the game starts. You end up with a win-win.

WTF-82
09-13-2007, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
When Greenwood went to the State Championship my family planned their Christmas "get together" for the same day!!

I went to the Game!!

I am a BAD daughter, niece, aunt, cousin, granddaughter and mother!!!:D :D

They forgave me though, they planned it knowing full well I wouldn't be there!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey!!! Do you think they did that on PURPOSE!!:eek: :eek: :(

WOW I LIKE THIS

WTF-82
09-13-2007, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Well I would drive from San Angelo stop in Odessa say hello on my way to see the game. That's just me though.

I do have family playing for everyone but friend this is exactly what my mother told me stop in odessa say high and let the kids stay with her and me and the wife go to the game mom is very smart only problem is the sister if any of you have one you know what i mean.

WTF-82
09-13-2007, 12:34 AM
its really the fact that we have new turf grass on field and I really want to see it. If this was a playoff game I would be at the game for sure but it is a non district game so we shall see but thanks for eveyones opinion I had fun with this. By the way my niece is going to be 4. Last year my daughter had her 11 bday party in Angelo and family did not come so part of me like to get back on them but Jesus tell me dont be this way. Thanks everyone.

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2007, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
I do have family playing for everyone but friend this is exactly what my mother told me stop in odessa say high and let the kids stay with her and me and the wife go to the game mom is very smart only problem is the sister if any of you have one you know what i mean.
Moms are much smarter than sisters. ;) That was going to get my vote.

crzyjournalist03
09-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Moms are much smarter than sisters. ;) That was going to get my vote.

and sisters have no control over your inheritance...stick with the mom...